Terps Hire Defensive Coordinator

Eric and Steve are at Comcast Center talking to Gary Williams, so Eric asked me to relay this news: U-Mass. head coach Don Brown appears to be Maryland's new defensive coordinator.

I say "appears" because Maryland has yet to acknowledge as much, but U-Mass. has on its Web site (and one would suppose that they would know).

In five seasons at U-Mass., Brown compiled a 43-19 record and qualified for the division I-AA playoffs twice.

By Matthew Rennie  |  January 9, 2009; 12:57 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: GaTech's Big Men Quick On Their Feet
Next: Terps Onward And Upward

Comments

Welcome Don Brown, happy to have you here at UMD

Posted by: fzuylen | January 9, 2009 1:21 PM | Report abuse

EXCELLENT HIRE!!!!

Posted by: leed1911 | January 9, 2009 1:27 PM | Report abuse

good bio here. I like the idea of him and Franklin having a healthy rivalry over the next few years to see who gets the reigns from fridge when he retires when his contract runs out.

Posted by: Lee26 | January 9, 2009 3:39 PM | Report abuse

What? No mention about Josh Portis TRANSFERRING to a DIV-II school in Pennsylvania? Come on, Wa-Po...get it together.

Posted by: iamasofaking | January 9, 2009 4:05 PM | Report abuse

I think your a little late to the party iamasofaking

Posted by: fzuylen | January 9, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

IamSofaKing is going to ask where the blog entry about Maryand losing Morgan State is? FREDTERP

Posted by: FREDTERP44 | January 9, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Welcome to College Park coach Brown! I'm hoping you can pull off a miracle and sign Jelani Jenkins :)

Posted by: TerpFan2001 | January 9, 2009 6:44 PM | Report abuse