Greivis and the Media

Just wanted to post this link to the Bog, which has something interesting on Vasquez:

By Eric Prisbell  |  March 16, 2009; 1:00 PM ET
Categories:  Men's basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Terps Quickly Turn Attention Toward Cal
Next: Terps Looking For Change Of Fortunes In KC

Comments

I don't want Gary to be fired.

Can't you grasp this?

Posted by: petecard | March 16, 2009 8:51 AM

No break for Gary. Why don't you take him with you to another place. How about Virginia or UMBC?

Posted by: petecard | March 8, 2009 3:09 PM

Our program is DOOMED with fans like these making excuses

Posted by: petecard | February 27, 2009 8:40 AM

Why don't we start a movement to get GW and Brenda Frese to switch jobs.

The men's program would take off and it would mean huge national PR.

The problem: The women's program would tank. Guess that is just not fair....

I'll bet Debbie Yow had thought about it!

Posted by: petecard | March 9, 2009 6:36 PM

I don't want Gary to be fired.

Can't you grasp this?

Posted by: petecard | March 16, 2009 8:51 AM

The Fans of Gary think Gary should be able to write his own ticket.

Posted by: petecard | March 1, 2009 10:22 AM

I'm not suggesting that GW be fired or bought out.

Posted by: petecard | March 15, 2009 11:22 AM

Gary should use the game against NC State to get ready for the NIT.

Maryland plays in the NIT so often it should consider becoming the title sponsor.

Turtle Soup, brought to you by Gary Williams. Simply warm and serve.

Posted by: petecard | March 9, 2009 8:56 AM

Why not just deal with the bottom line: We are going to miss the tournament this year for the 4th time in 5 years.

Unacceptable.

Gary's responsibility.

Posted by: petecard | February 19, 2009 10:32 AM

Turtle Soup, brought to you by Gary Williams. Simply warm and serve.

Posted by: petecard | March 9, 2009 8:56 AM

Posted by: petecard | March 8, 2009 3:09 PM

I don't want Gary to be fired.

Can't you grasp this?

Posted by: petecard | March 16, 2009 8:51 AM

Posted by: Barno1 | March 16, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Ancient Terp,

If I don't respond to this bogus post will that help the site?

Am I the one that you are after to change...or do you need another party to come to his senses?

There is a lot I could say about this...but I won't in response to your appeal.

Please advise....

Posted by: petecard | March 16, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

Petey,

Stop playing the victim and take responsibility for your actions. Something alone the lines of "I was wrong, I admit I was wrong. Calling for Gary's firing and kicking the program while it was down was obviously wrong and I've learned from my mistakes. It will not happen again. In Gary I Trust."

Posted by: fushezzi | March 16, 2009 2:06 PM | Report abuse

Pete you are acting like a spoiled kid on the playground asking the gym teacher to get you the ball back. All season long you railed against Gary, well, time came and Gary proved his worth. Now you need to take your lumps.

Gary SHOULD get to write his own ticket. He is a hall of famer you tried to run out of town because he would not lower his standards to let in the shady practices of the AAU world.

Posted by: jpfterps | March 16, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

If I don't respond to this bogus post will that help the site?

Please advise....

Posted by: petecard | March 16, 2009 2:00 PM

How is that a "bogus" post? I'm simply quoting your exact words. Not out of context, not bogus, just quoting you warmly and accurately. As Jpfterps and Fusheezi said, you should take your lumps and admit how wrong you were... but you stubbornly refuse and instead detract by saying that your comments are being taken out of context.

How do you take something like this out of context:

"Our program is a real disappointment and I am disgusted."

or

"Our program is DOOMED"

or

"C'mon all of you FOG's, let's hear about how the Terps are going to win one or two in the ACC."

or

"Don't bother to make your MSG reservations. They won't get that far in the NIT."

There is no additional context needed. Your comments speak for themselves. You are the very worst kind of fan, you quit on your team and incessantly attack the players and coaches, and then when they win you want to jump back on the bandwagon. I enjoy nothing more than calling you out on it.

Posted by: Barno1 | March 16, 2009 3:20 PM | Report abuse

You are all thrilled that we are a 10 seed and survived the bubble.

We finished 7th in the ACC. Our overall record in the conference was 9-10.

We ALL want to win. We ALL are hoping the Terps have a great run in the tournament.

Some of us expect the coach to do a much better job recruiting talent.

We are not among the elite programs. 19 wins a year is not the measuring stick.

Hate me for wanting our program to be among the very best. Go ahead...hate me.

Posted by: petecard | March 16, 2009 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Trust me, I do

Posted by: fushezzi | March 16, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Some of us expect the coach to do a much better job recruiting talent.

Posted by: petecard | March 16, 2009 3:45 PM

I bet you attacked Gary for recruiting a tiny guard named Juan Dixon and undersized big man named Lonnie Baxter. They were anything but big-time recruits. And I guarantee you're the guy that was jumping up and down when Gary recruited Danny Miller, Travis Garrison, and Mike Jones--All McDonalds All Americans. How many championships did we win with Danny Miller, Mike Jones, and Travis Garrison? Oh, that's right...Zero.

And how many did we win with Dixon and Baxter?

Posted by: Barno1 | March 16, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse