Maryland's Camp Starts Today

Hello, everyone. This is Eric Prisbell. I’m back after a, well, interesting so-called offseason. And this blog is back to its regularly schedule programming beginning today. We are less than three hours away from Maryland Coach Ralph Friedgen kicking off the season with a news conference from the Gossett Team House. We will have extensive coverage all day here at Terrapins Insider, as well as additional coverage in tomorrow’s newspaper.

We’re going to shoot for 8-10 blog entries per day here, and we hope they will be entertaining as well as informative at times. As always, if there is anything you’d like to see here, or if you have any specific questions, comments or general feedback, please email me anytime at prisbelle@washpost.com.

By Eric Prisbell  |  August 10, 2009; 9:00 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friedgen Talks Upcoming Season on 'WPL'
Next: Friedgen Talks at Media Day

Comments

Hopefully, the Terps will finish FIRST in their division this year.

Posted by: wwkayaker | August 10, 2009 9:44 AM | Report abuse

We need a strong o-line or we're toast.

turner can be all-acc if he has time.

defense will be fun to watch. no more cover 2 on every freakin play.

Posted by: jdgreger@yahoo.com | August 10, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Looking forward to this season. The o line will be key, if we can open holes for scott that will force many defenses to play up tight whick can open the quick passes to our talented receivers... We all know turner does not have a strong arm.. If he did darrius would have had Big numbers...

As i mentioned in one of my previous if pete white can step up as a freshman he and bruce could be a key..

I really like the new d ... ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK... === Mistakes on on oppomemt side.

Living in carolina i really appreciate the updates.. will be at the calif game so i hope my flight home is dekightful

Thanks

Posted by: carolina1 | August 10, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Can the Fridge tailor his offensive schemes to the players he has? His first few years he was able to do that but it's been very spotty ever since.

Posted by: Walt8 | August 10, 2009 11:34 AM | Report abuse

HMMMMM - did I miss the frequently promised expose on AAU basketball and shady recruiting by Mr. Prisbell and Mr. Yanda this summer???

Posted by: TerpGrad | August 10, 2009 12:06 PM | Report abuse

Hey Eric, can you refrain from trying to stir up some controversy this year? I just started to read the Post again and I don't want to have to boycott it again.

Posted by: mf12284 | August 10, 2009 12:29 PM | Report abuse