Carroll Sends Message Through Friedgen

Senior cornerback Nolan Carroll, whose career is over because of a broken leg suffered against James Madison, has been around the team and out at practice a couple times. But Coach Ralph Friedgen said he has been told not to stand on the leg too much, even on crutches, so he has to watch the games inside the Gossett Team House.

“But as soon as he is more mobile, I know he wants to be around the team,” Friedgen said. “He called me up [last] Friday and told me what he wanted me to say to the team Friday night, so I did. I really think he is reaching out trying to help the kids. Nolan’s technique would be more one on one, he is kind of an introverted kid. He speaks up when he has something to say. But it would probably be to talk to individual players rather than the whole team.”

What’s the best way the Maryland team could honor Carroll this season?

By Eric Prisbell  |  September 25, 2009; 2:38 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: More on WR Brandon Coleman
Next: Campbell, Hampton To Start

Comments

win.

Posted by: ICBomber | September 25, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Salute Gossett after each touchdown in honor of his parents (military)

Posted by: fushezzi | September 25, 2009 3:34 PM | Report abuse

play some defense??

Posted by: Joe82 | September 25, 2009 4:35 PM | Report abuse

women's college soccer...wow poop, you really do have issues.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 25, 2009 5:55 PM

===========================

LOL oh yeah. So should Terp alum only support the "big" sports like mens basketball and football?

I thought being a true fan of a school meant supporting all of it's sports.

Guess Barno isn't #1 Terp Fan any more. If only Gary "The God" and .500-Fridge would find out.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 25, 2009 8:56 PM | Report abuse

Poop, it is possible for someone to love a school and support all their teams without being interested in watching all of them play. Most of us are predominantly MD football and basketball fans here my friend.

But keep at it Poop, some day you will surprise us all with a rational thought. I look forward to that day.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 28, 2009 12:35 AM | Report abuse