Terps Make Plans to Honor Carroll

Maryland defensive lineman Jared Harrell talked at length Tuesday about how to honor cornerback Nolan Carroll, who will miss the remainder of the season with a broken leg suffered in the fourth quarter of the James Madison game on Saturday.

Harrell said the team may bring Carroll's jersey on the sideline for road games. Players also said the team may dedicate the season to Carroll, one of the team's four captains. Coach Ralph Friedgen said Carroll would remain a team captain the rest of the season.

I will try to find out later today about whether Maryland will petition the NCAA for a sixth year of eligibility for Carroll, who already redshirted one year, in 2005.

What do you think Maryland should do to honor Carroll?

By Eric Prisbell  |  September 16, 2009; 12:00 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friedgen Previews Maryland-Middle Tennessee
Next: Parody Twitter Account is Not Mine

Comments

They should come together as a team and win some games. I despite the rocky start, I believe this team still has potential for a great season. You wanna honor your captain, you go win games.

I sure hope they can. GO TERPS!!!!
T

Posted by: NY-Terp | September 16, 2009 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Just win baby!

Posted by: aviscardo | September 16, 2009 2:24 PM | Report abuse

WIN!

Posted by: sargeantmofo | September 16, 2009 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Winning fixes everything, they might start with tackling!

Posted by: dkane3 | September 16, 2009 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Win the bloody game!

Posted by: terpin | September 16, 2009 5:10 PM | Report abuse

How about making some open field tackles against a QB making his first College Start?

Posted by: jrraley | September 16, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Work hard at getting him another year on the feild by petitioning the NCAA. Harrell my brother I have watched all three games and for a defensive end that starts you have got to have the least tackles and sacks in college football.6ft5 265 come on man!!Yes as the NFL announcers would say Come on man!! You need to worry about winning,and even if your not the guy you should bow out gracefully, because the coaches have given you a pass of some kind. I believe if my name sake Drummond got your playing time he would make plays. because for him not to start your stats are about the same. he may be ahead in sacks and at least pressuring the QB!!Worry about winning honor the brother that way. Brother make some tackles and get some sacks Come on man!!

Posted by: drummondverizonmailcom | September 21, 2009 10:54 PM | Report abuse