Make Your Predictions

The way I see this game, Middle Tennessee quarterback Dwight Dasher is the key. If Dasher plays like Joe Craddock did in last season’s 24-14 victory over Maryland, MTSU has a great chance to win. But Dasher threw three interceptions in the season-opening loss at Clemson, and I see him making a couple similar mistakes Saturday.

Make no mistake, I think MTSU will move the football, especially through the air against a depleted Maryland secondary. And I think Chris Turner will have little problem leading the Terrapins on scoring drives.

I just see the difference being one quarterback making fewer mistakes than the other.

Maryland 33, Middle Tennessee 30

Your predictions?

By Eric Prisbell  |  September 18, 2009; 7:45 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tate/Wiseman Likely to Return Punts
Next: Carroll to Handle Coin Toss

Comments

Terps 31, MTSU 20

Setting up a big game against New Jersey University...

Posted by: putnam23 | September 18, 2009 7:50 AM | Report abuse

Maryland's defense is decimated and is allowing 43.5 ppg.

MTSU wins 42-27.

Posted by: SirPelleas | September 18, 2009 9:36 AM | Report abuse

MD 31-21. Even though it is still early in the season, they need a comfotable win. Though 10 points may not look like a comfortable win, I would define it as such based on their performance for the first 2 games. This game needs to be used as a springboard for the next 5 games that will dictate the direction of this season (Rutgers, Clemson, Wake, UVA, Duke) and they need to be show significant improvement from their first 2 games. Fear the Turner!!!!!

Posted by: djwilbur1 | September 18, 2009 9:39 AM | Report abuse

MTSU 23 UMD 21

Posted by: fushezzi | September 18, 2009 10:02 AM | Report abuse

Maryland by two touchdowns. Don't overlook the revenge factor in college football. 35-21.

Posted by: aviscardo | September 18, 2009 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Who cares? Friedgen is going to get canned this year anyway.

Posted by: nativedc | September 18, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

UMD 31 MTSU 10

Posted by: erniegogo | September 18, 2009 11:18 AM | Report abuse

I think Chism will be a surprise for us. I think the defense will perform better. The offense will get it going even better than last week. Terps win. I stopped predicting the score after the CAL game

Posted by: JoeR123 | September 18, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

I think this team will start to mature a slight bit - and will be a little pissed off about their hard luck with injuries and lackluster start.

Maryland 34
MTSU 17

Posted by: Kev29 | September 18, 2009 1:25 PM | Report abuse

It's kinda funny reading these comments about Fridge "getting canned this year." Never ceases to amaze me how people who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about will make these grand proclamations. Fridge could retire--though that is highly unlikely. But other than that, there's simply no way he will be fired by Debbie Yow this year. And anyone who wants him gone A) didn't give a rat's *ss about Terp football prior to 2001 or B) is an idiot.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 18, 2009 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Terps win handily tomorrow

Posted by: Barno1 | September 18, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

i think the defense goes in with something to prove, especially the front 7 to keep some pressure off of the dbacks. i'm hoping they're flying around the MTSU backfield creating havoc. still there's enough questions in that backfield.

short field for both teams often, but 28-24 MD

Posted by: mdrockjock | September 18, 2009 8:33 PM | Report abuse

MD 21-20

Posted by: kingrob76 | September 19, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Terps win handily tomorrow

Posted by: Barno1 | September 18, 2009 4:45 PM

Kudos to those that saw this coming...I on the other hand was way off.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 21, 2009 10:34 AM | Report abuse