Poll: Who Will Win?

Maybe I am in the minority here, but I think this is a fascinating matchup Saturday. I could see either team winning. And MTSU should whip the ball around and there should be big plays on both sides of the field. I’m not giving my prediction yet, but my view is shared by the handful of reporters I talk with each day at practice. I was wondering what the fan perception of this matchup is, considering Maryland was thisclose to losing last week and MTSU beat the Terps last season.

By Eric Prisbell  |  September 17, 2009; 10:37 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: College Football Online Chat at 1:30 p.m.
Next: Tate/Wiseman Likely to Return Punts

Comments

I know we haven't looked good the first 2 games, but c'mon. There is no way we lose this revenge game.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 17, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

I think the Terps may have learned their lesson from last week, and the defense will stay strong throughout. However, if they get down by two scores early, it could spell disaster. The offense will hopefully get the running game going a little better than last week, and we should see another high scoring affair.

42-30 Terps

Posted by: Russtinator | September 17, 2009 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Last week MTSU put up 400+ yards against Memphis.

I think our defense is going to have some trouble and it wouldn't surprise me if MTSU scored a lot of points. A Div I-AA school put up 35 points against us last week and I think that is foreboding. On the other hand, the Terps did better offensively last week, which is encouraging. On paper, I think the Terps have better players. As for the game itself: I think we're looking at a shoot-out.

EP said that MTSU is no slouch. Well, that's true when they're playing an average to substandard team like Maryland. Against schools like Florida, LSU, Alabama, USC, and Texas - MTSU would be ripped to shreds.

Posted by: SirPelleas | September 17, 2009 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Maryland wins this one going away. Not only the revenge factor, but honestly JMU's spread is more dangerous than MTSU and the Terps will be ready after playing against it two weeks in a row.

Posted by: SchoenfeldsDonut | September 17, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Terps by ten.

Posted by: Realness1 | September 17, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

SirPellias, our defense actually gave up 28 vs JMU (still not good but not as bad as 35).

Posted by: Barno1 | September 17, 2009 12:38 PM | Report abuse

MD 31-21. I think the offense has a better game on the ground and the o-line shows some improvement. Defense gets a little better and actually causes a turnover in this game. Could be another close one (Like 31-28 - Ferrara game winner?), but I am sticking with a win by 10.

Posted by: djwilbur1 | September 17, 2009 1:07 PM | Report abuse

MTSU 23 UMD 21

Posted by: fushezzi | September 17, 2009 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Barno - thanks for the clarification.

Carroll's injury is the last thing we needed though.

Posted by: SirPelleas | September 17, 2009 2:11 PM | Report abuse

MTSU 23 UMD 21

Posted by: fushezzi | September 17, 2009 1:12 PM

fist yourself again fushezzi!

Posted by: Barno1 | September 17, 2009 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Off. Coordinator Franklin will let Turner throw the ball downfield even before the Terps fall behind. So far, Franklin has been more effective than any opposing defense in keeping the Terps off the scoreboard.

Posted by: MBP1 | September 17, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Revenge game? Only for we few, we unhappy few. Our brave lads are too young to be greatly motivated by an away game a year ago. A year is a long, long time for 18-22 year old men. Let's face it, the a priori odds of winning this one are about 50-50. The final score? Why guess? It's in the laps of the gods. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Posted by: AncientTerp | September 17, 2009 4:51 PM | Report abuse

MTSU 40 TERPS 10

FEAR THE TURTLE WHAT A JOKE!!! PROTECT THIS HOUSE ANOTHER JOKE

FAT BOY IT IS TIME TO GO!!!

NO PARENT WANTS A FAT SLOB WITH YELLOW TEETH RECRUITING THERE SON

HIT THE ROAD

MEZ FOR SALE SUITES FOR SALE NAMING RIGHTS FOR SALE

Posted by: carolina1 | September 17, 2009 10:20 PM | Report abuse

LOOK AT MIAMI QB WHY CANT THE FATBOY RECRUIT FOLKS LIKE HIM

THE ANSWER IS BLOWING IN THE WIND

Posted by: carolina1 | September 17, 2009 10:21 PM | Report abuse

WTF? More people picked MTSU than the Terps. You people are gonna look foolish in one day. Terps are gonna crush them!

Posted by: aviscardo | September 18, 2009 4:04 PM | Report abuse

MTSU has a fantastic football team this year, too bad ESPN won't carry the games, the fans in Middle Tennessee would love to see this game. I get tired of seeing the same teams on ESPN. At least the SEC (South Eastern Conference) has broadcast rights with other networks for the fans in Nashville, TN.

Posted by: kbyers99 | September 18, 2009 7:43 PM | Report abuse