About ESPN360.com

Hello, everyone. If anyone has any experiences -- positive or negative -- or general thoughts about ESPN360.com, I encourage you to email me at prisbelle@washpost.com. A lot of readers/fans have already emailed. Thanks a lot.

By Eric Prisbell  |  October 8, 2009; 3:22 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Defensive Line's Future Looks Bright
Next: Campbell Will Not Play vs. Wake Forest

Comments

What's everyones beef with espn360?

The times I use it to watch my Terps (or my other team) I haven't had any problems. I even hook my laptop up to my big screen tv so I don't have to watch the game on a computer monitor.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 8, 2009 3:30 PM | Report abuse

It's definitely on a delay it seems like. There isn't much wrong but it's really not a great program to watch the game on. It's sufficient though for the time and allows you to actually watch the game and not have the crappy commentators from Comcast who invite members of the opposing team to assist them with the broadcast which is complete BS! (For those of you who don't know, they did that for Middle Tennessee State last year.) Comcast should not be able to cover another Terps game unless that's in the contract that no opposing teams commentators are allowed. Especially since they are a local/small regional sports channel.

Posted by: DiehardTerp | October 8, 2009 3:51 PM | Report abuse

I haven't had any issues with it. I actually run it from my computer onto my big screen TV, and it looks fine. It's certainly not HD, and I'd rather we be on REAL TV, but it's better than nothing...

Posted by: sargeantmofo | October 8, 2009 4:07 PM | Report abuse

Is the question regarding having to watch Terps games on ESPN360, or the product of ESPN360 in general?

The Terps being on ESPN360 isn't great but it's watchable - it's a better alternative to not being on at all. I'm sure the Terps record and lack of being in the top 25 influences whether they are on regular tv or not.

ESPN360 itself is a great product - it allows you to watch games not shown in our market that may be entertaining. Plus the availability of replays is great too.

Posted by: BrokenClipboard | October 8, 2009 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Just wonder how many recruits are logging on to see the Terps play on ESPN360.

As a prior poster said, a winning record and top 25 presence will get them on regular TV.

Posted by: bbride1 | October 8, 2009 4:34 PM | Report abuse

I can't get it yet, but Cox is supposed to be supporting it soon (before Saturday I'm not sure). The thing I don't like about ESPN360 is the strange gametimes that result from being on there instead of a mainstream network. What kind of kickoff time is 6:30 PM?

Posted by: Russtinator | October 8, 2009 4:59 PM | Report abuse

ESPN360. The worst. The absolute worst.

Posted by: Barno1 | October 8, 2009 5:01 PM | Report abuse

I don't think it's so bad. It's easy to use, seems to be fewer commercials, and tech savy people can easily hook up to a TV. Prefer UMD to be on networks but I can live with 360.com until our record gets us back on the big boys.

Posted by: erniegogo | October 8, 2009 5:19 PM | Report abuse

If Barno says it's the absolute worst, than it must be true.....

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 8, 2009 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Just so everyone knows, I did not write the above comment, Fake Poopy did.

Fake Poopy, I am honored that you thought so highly of me that you took the time to impersonate me. You must have a lot going for you in life to have this much time on your hands pal.

Personally, I think it shows the sad state of affairs of the Maryland program that they won't even show our games on tv. I can't figure out how to get ESPN360 to work when I'm high and have to settle for following the game on this blog, which aint so bad!

Go Duke!!!

Posted by: Poopy-McPoop | October 8, 2009 6:33 PM | Report abuse

Oh my.

Who's the real one....

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 8, 2009 7:03 PM | Report abuse

I wonder who the other posters think the real and fake P McP is.

Kinda like "Where's Waldo?" They may look the same but there is a subtle difference or two that easily seperates them.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 8, 2009 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Any TV is better than no TV. It is delayed several minutes though. During the MTSU game, I was listening while driving home and we scored. I called a friend who was watching on 360 and he had no idea what I was talking about because 360 was at least 4 plays behind.

Posted by: garrett4 | October 8, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse

I don't like it. I have had many times where I have tried to log in to it and it hasn't gone through and I've had to go through a lot of cache and cookie clearing to try to get it to work. Sometimes I even have to load IE instead of firefox. And sometimes even then it doesn't work.

Posted by: pipkin42 | October 8, 2009 11:55 PM | Report abuse

You can tell the real Poop from the fake Poop by the fake Poop's high top sneakers and incredible foul mouth.
-Kent Brockman

Posted by: aviscardo | October 9, 2009 11:17 AM | Report abuse

I've never really experienced any problems with ESPN360. So I assume that's the Terps' viewing destination once again?

Posted by: JamWhitt | October 9, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Works on one computer but not the other, and I can't figure out the problme with #2.

It is terrible compared to TV, but better than nothing.

Does any TV network broadcast the ESPN360 feed?

Posted by: srcog | October 10, 2009 2:54 PM | Report abuse