Campbell May Play

Quick update:

Left tackle Bruce Campbell (knee) did practice Monday and could play Saturday.

Punter Travis Baltz (high ankle sprain) will not play Saturday.

Coach Ralph Friedgen still undecided on when linebacker Demetrius Hartsfield (broken hand) will undergo surgery. He will miss three weeks after the surgery.

By Eric Prisbell  |  October 13, 2009; 3:57 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Interesting Groh Quote on Torrey Smith
Next: Morning Links

Comments

Campbell plays, we win. Then we'll be 2-1 and play Duke hoping to get to 3-1 and right in the thick of things in the ACC. Duke is not the same pushover they used to be, but it's still a winnable game. They're homefield advantage is so unlike the advantage they have in bball, it's like playing at a neutral site.

3-1, let's do it.

Posted by: Barno1 | October 13, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

I guess Bruce Campbell is back after filming another Evil Dead movie.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 13, 2009 4:47 PM | Report abuse

A guy at my buddy's bachelor party this summer had the greatest Evil Dead tatoo you've ever seen. Probably the only Evil Dead tatoo you've ever seen too.

Posted by: Barno1 | October 13, 2009 5:18 PM | Report abuse

Never seen Evil Dead - wife hates those sorts of movies and I'm kind of skittish myself.

hartsfield injury - Maybe its just me, but i think a kid with a broken hand needs to sit. He's got a career to think of (only kid on the team that reminds me of EJ or D. Jackson) who has a few years remaining and perhaps a real shot at the pros.

even if we are desperate, I hate to see us make desperation moves.

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | October 13, 2009 5:55 PM | Report abuse

HughG....skittish about Evil Dead? can you say camp with tongue planted deeply in cheek? you owe it to yourself.

Posted by: mdrockjock | October 14, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Evil Dead = classic. Loved Army of Darkness as well.

"I got news for you, pal. You ain't but leadin' two things right now: Jack and S**t. And Jack left town."

Could've been talking to Fridge in that scene!

Posted by: SirPelleas | October 14, 2009 4:00 PM | Report abuse

If I'm not mistaken, Bruce Campbell has a career after 'Evil Dead' as the hero's side kick in USA TV's 'Burn Notice'. I hope he recovers in time for the new season.

Posted by: erniegogo | October 14, 2009 6:41 PM | Report abuse