Final predictions

I could see Maryland winning this game Saturday against Boston College. The Eagles have turnover issues. It's the last game for Maryland's seniors. But I just can't bring myself to pick the Terrapins. The quarterback situation remains unsettled. I'm 8-3 so far this season picking Maryland games, and I see Boston College edging the Terrapins before a less-than-capacity crowd.

Boston College 21, Maryland 17

What's everyone else think?

By Eric Prisbell  |  November 27, 2009; 11:36 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Terps 'couldn't get over the top' in Maui
Next: Poll: Should Friedgen return?

Comments

"Less than capacity?"

If there are 20,000 people there I will be shocked, no matter what the sold ticket numbers actaully are. Basketball has started. Who really cares about a dead end team in a dead end season playing a worthless game? They don't even play well.

30-7 BC

Posted by: EricS2 | November 27, 2009 12:35 PM | Report abuse

I think we're going to win this game. MD has struggled against the pass, but BC's passing offense is 9th in the ACC. It will be close, but I think the Terps rally around Fridge and we win something like 19-16.

Posted by: PeteinAZ | November 27, 2009 12:42 PM | Report abuse

BC 9 MD 6

Posted by: fushezzi | November 27, 2009 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Terps win 52-10. We finally put up fitty against a real opponent like Franklin said we'd do with regularity.

I just hope that all our players come away unscathed from this game. I'd hate to see anyone get hurt in this meaningless game.

Hey, at least it won't be raining, right?

Posted by: sargeantmofo | November 27, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, that's it, Terps win. It's in the bag.

Posted by: AncientTerp | November 27, 2009 5:03 PM | Report abuse

I believe they call this a "pity post".

Posted by: ckstevenson | November 27, 2009 11:15 PM | Report abuse

It's a great day to nab win three. See, here's how it works: all you gotta do is believe. The strength of belief governs who wins and who loses. So if the Terps and fans believe it sufficiently strongly, we win big today! If we lose, it's our fault for not believing strongly enough.

Now that we're all in this together, Jesus returns on Monday, as long prophesied. It's a matter of belief, er, faith.

Posted by: AncientTerp | November 28, 2009 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Terps by ten....

Posted by: Realness1 | November 28, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

The only other season finale in the Fridge era that was "meaningless" was the 04 game against Wake. The 4-6 Terps had very little to play for that day except pride. Mostly, they just needed to find out if they had a QB going into the next year... and Fridge turned to Sam Hollenbach. MD fought hard, they fought inspired, and they came away with a 13-7 win, ending their season on a bright note.

MD wins today.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 28, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

"Less than capacity?"

30-7 BC

Posted by: EricS2 | November 27, 2009 12:35 PM

Prepare to be shocked, I don't know any season ticket holders that are skipping this game bc of our record. You see Eric for every fan like you who only supports their team when they are winning, there are many more who will still support through thick and thin.

It obviously won't be a capacity crowd today--especially on thanksgiving weekend--but there is no question there will be at least 20,000.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 28, 2009 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Last but not least: Remember to bring signs supporting the Fridge today.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 28, 2009 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Barno is GW and GW and The Fridge have mutual interests.

I am for the Fridge...but cmon....make signs!!!???

Get a life and drink the Koolaid.

They aren't going to fire the Fridge...they won't pay the money.....

Posted by: petecard | November 28, 2009 11:05 AM | Report abuse

One would think that making signs as a form of expressing yourself would make a lot of sense to the Fire-Our-Coach/GM/Owner crowd...but not to Petetard. You all remember Petetard don't you? The guy who railed against Gary Williams for the better part of last season, demanding he be fired after every Terp loss...the guy kept pounding the "4 NITs in 5 years" drum, all the way up to Selection Sunday...then disappeared for the last 8 months.

Thousands of Redskins fans have been fired up this year about the sign ban at Fed Ex field. Fans bringing signs to games is an age old tradition. Have you ever in your life been to a sporting event? You've made it crystal clear on this blog that you've never stepped foot at a Maryland game before...so I guess you can be forgiven for not knowing the first thing about what goes on in the stands.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 28, 2009 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Good to see the old Barno is back, bashing other people's fandom and coming off as Johnny-Super-Fan-#1.

Good job pally, I was wondering how long it was gonna take.

By the way, Terps win big today.

Terps - 48
BC - 9

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 28, 2009 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Of course what Barno doesn't mention, in his little 'Skins-signs argument is that 'Skins fans were upset because they couldn't bring signs critical of the owner and front office.

No one was upset because they couldn't bring their "I believe in coach" signs.

Well, maybe captainchaos was........

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 28, 2009 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I say Terps! I will always say Terps!
I wish I could be there to say Congratulations to the Seniors. Chris Turner has made the games a lot of fun to watch over the past few years. He has made the tough teams not so tough... remember??
From the San Diego beach/bay park to the horse ranch we are Cheering on the Terps and LLBB#10. Happy Birthday BT-18!
Go Terps Go LLBB!

Posted by: auntiekellysandiego | November 28, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

keep fridge.. demote Franklin. Everyone knows our OL is young, injured etc... and yet every short yardage play we run right up the middle and get stuffed.

Posted by: mcmelton | November 28, 2009 6:22 PM | Report abuse

The Terps put up a good fight on what will likely be Ralph's last stand. With a good recruiting class, game experience and better health, this young team should fare better next year. We can only hope.

Posted by: Terptwin | November 28, 2009 6:49 PM | Report abuse