Poll: Which quarterback should start against Virginia Tech?

Maryland is out of bowl contention. Ralph has a few decisions to make about his quarterback situation. Chris Turner has an MCL injury to his left knee. We won't know more about that until tomorrow night at the earliest.

By Eric Prisbell  |  November 7, 2009; 7:22 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Turner MCL injury; status for next week uncertain
Next: Turner questionable for Virginia Tech game

Comments

Robinson based solely on the fact that he will not get sacked as many times as Turner. Hopefully his nerves will calm and he can make some throws. Luckily VT has a bad offense too.

Posted by: garrett4 | November 7, 2009 7:47 PM | Report abuse

At this point, there's no reason to start Turner. We aren't making a bowl game. May as well see if Robinson can play.

At this point, if he hasn't seen time through 9 games, it's not worth burning Danny O'Brien's red shirt.

Posted by: dlgood | November 7, 2009 8:15 PM | Report abuse

I guess it way too late to get the kid from Navy.

Posted by: erniegogo | November 8, 2009 7:41 AM | Report abuse

dlgood is exactly right. no point in wasting a red shirt, but no point in playing turner, either. Robinson has a live arm - might as well see if he can harness it.

Posted by: pipkin42 | November 8, 2009 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Wow...so it's come to this. I am the only one predicting a MD victory?

MD 30 NC State 23

Posted by: Barno1 | November 6, 2009 2:16 PM

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 8, 2009 2:00 PM | Report abuse

You keep posting predictions for whatever reasons you feel the need to justify to yourself Barno1, just admit that, unlike The Joker, you're not a man of your word.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 8, 2009 2:01 PM | Report abuse

I guess Fat Barno1 with those stupid suspenders will be at vt game predicting the victory

Why were you not at the nc state game!! O thats right you are to freaking cheap!!!

Posted by: carolina1 | November 8, 2009 2:05 PM | Report abuse

Hah. I've been accused of lots of things, don't think I've ever been accused of being cheap...especially by someone A) that's never met me; and B) who has a mental disorder

Nc State game was in your homestate Carolina, maybe you didn't know this. Oh, and your continuing to claim you saw me in suspenders at UVA game is pretty laughable.

Terps beat Vtech! You heard it here first

Posted by: Barno1 | November 8, 2009 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Barno1, keep thinking the terps will win..You never did ansewer the question? If you are such a great terp fanwhy was your cheap behind at the Nc state game??

Why beacause you are hiding in your little turtle shell (:

Posted by: carolina1 | November 8, 2009 4:14 PM | Report abuse

MD beats Rutgers. If they don't, I will never make another prediction on here again.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 21, 2009 1:19 PM

=====================================

Wow...so it's come to this. I am the only one predicting a MD victory?

MD 30 NC State 23

Posted by: Barno1 | November 6, 2009 2:16 PM

=====================================

Terps beat Vtech! You heard it here first

Posted by: Barno1 | November 8, 2009 2:50 PM

=====================================

So there you go lady's and gentlemen, the kiss of death.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | November 8, 2009 4:43 PM | Report abuse

MD has not played VT close in years. The last time we had a crap season like this we ended up spoiling Miami's and Fl State's chances for the title. Maybe they can beat VT but I would not lay money on it. I hope they do beat the Hokies...somehow.

Posted by: HughGRection | November 9, 2009 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Terps will win out and then go on to be undefeated in football next year. In fact, I don't see them losing a game for the foreseeable future.

Do I really believe any this? obviously no...but if it get's the resident dbag to get his panties in a bunch and waste his time pouring through old comments, then it was worthwhile.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2009 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Why beacause you are hiding in your little turtle shell (:

Posted by: carolina1 | November 8, 2009 4:14 PM

0-4 nc state vs 1-3 maryland...what a hard-to-get ticket. Sorry guy, I would have gone but tix were just too damn expensive for this cheapo.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2009 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: HughGRection | November 9, 2009 10:13 AM

I think you made this mistake once before Hugh...the year we beat both miami and fl was 06...that wasn't a crap year for the terps--we were actually at the top of the division most of the season (started 5-1 and finished 5-3 in the ACC).

We did spoil FSU's 04 season though and we were crappy that year.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2009 11:13 AM | Report abuse

You are correct Barno. Keep the faith. One of us has to....

Posted by: HughGRection | November 9, 2009 5:04 PM | Report abuse

I say play Robinson to give him some experience. I don't think the Terps will win another game this season.

Posted by: SirPelleas | November 9, 2009 9:34 PM | Report abuse