Maryland-UVA game Monday to start at 8 p.m.

The Maryland men's basketball game against Virginia, which originally was scheduled to take place tonight, will be played at 8 p.m. on Monday at Comcast Center, the school announced Wednesday in a press release.

The game was postponed due to the snowstorm that currently is blanketing the D.C. region.

If you had a ticket for tonight's game, it will be honored Monday. If you do not have a ticket and do not plan to purchase one, the game will be broadcast live on ESPN360.com.

By Steve Yanda  |  February 10, 2010; 4:23 PM ET
Categories:  Men's basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Why Terps-Cavs moved to Feb. 15 as opposed to another date
Next: Scouting Duke

Comments

There you go, my one degree of separation from Poopy_McPoop.

They moved the English department from Susquehanna to Tawes last August, I heard.

-----

Well it was one of a few majors I had, but it was the one I ultimately settled on and got a diploma from UMD for.

Posted by: JohninMpls | February 10, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Ugh, ESPN360. I'm going to need Lasik after that!

Posted by: bmdugan | February 10, 2010 5:36 PM | Report abuse

yeah whats up with ESPN360?

Hey @Yanda!
this game was supposed to be on ESPN Full Court tonight. are they not going to honor that on Monday now?

all the money i pay for the premium programming to get just a few more games and they take them away from me!!!!

if so, major weaksauce!!!!!

Posted by: deadskin | February 10, 2010 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Whew, dodged a bullet there. As bad as Charter Communications is with cable/internet, they do carry espn360.

Of course I'm sure the game could probably be found on the usual internet channels/links.

JohninMpls, sad to hear they moved the English department. I enjoyed Susquehanna because it wasn't in the middle of campus and rarely would you have to deal with all the masses roaming the rest of UMD. Plus it was right next to the South Campus Dining Hall.

And don't worry Hugh, I won't mention that this weekend it's supposed to be 76 degrees here. Nah, won't mention that at all.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 10, 2010 6:34 PM | Report abuse

I guarantee the Sun Belt, MEAC or SWAC is playing on ESPNU that night and this game will be better than any game that they proadcast in those leagues.

Posted by: DiehardTerp | February 10, 2010 9:24 PM | Report abuse

Was anyone else glad (not in a big way) that Duke beat UNC last night. It shouldn't matter but I would rather play Duke on Saturday without their coming off a loss in a big rivalry game....

How about Miami beating GTech last night? GTeach has so much talent, but they are young. I thought earlier in the year that they had a chance to do really well in the conference. Ene though they don't get big crowds, Coral Gables is a tough place to play... not sure why.

Posted by: petecard | February 11, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

Pete, I think it was important Duke won on a psychological level. Hopefully less focus on beating us and easier practices by coach K. Winnable game for UMD on Sat... I like our matchups. 100% focus on this game boys. Miami beats teams that don't respect them.

Posted by: Realness1 | February 11, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Was anyone else glad (not in a big way) that Duke beat UNC last night.

Posted by: petecard | February 11, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

You can't possibly be serious. In case you haven't noticed Petecard, we are in competetion with Duke for the ACC title. Had they lost, we would have been in first place. Had they been in 3rd or 4th place in the ACC, I would understand your point about not wanting to play them coming off a loss, but when we are the 2 top teams in the ACC that goes out the window.

No Terp fan was glad they won last night.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 11, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

This just proves that TV rules professional/college sports! There's no reason why this game should start as late as 8:00 p.m. The 15th is the President's Day holiday for most people so I'm sure that both teams could play it like it was a Sunday night game...around 5:30 p.m. And considering the weather, it would be better to play this game earlier in the day.

Posted by: S-Doug | February 11, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

No Terp fan was glad they won last night.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 11, 2010 12:17 PM
---------------

Now, however, this Terp fan is glad that The U won last night.

As for the line of thinking that Duke's win just may have them and coach K ease up in practice, all I gotta says is "C'mon Man!"

Who really expects Coach K (and his Duke teams) to really overlook anybody? Especially a game coming up that could very well determine 1st place in the ACC?

Just sayin'

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 11, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Poopy you really make this message board such a welcoming place for others. Not! I do not find your instigating routine funny at all, more like super annoying! Go away already

Posted by: jimmytea | February 10, 2010 6:46 PM
------------

Go away huh? Gotta love more Socialist/Communist-style line of thinking where only agreeing opinions are welcome.

Who knew that UMD churned out so many commie-socialists.

Maybe Glen Beck and his chalkboard need to do an expose on UMD.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 11, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

No Terp fan was glad they won last night.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 11, 2010 12:17 PM

Well apparently one terps fan wanted Duke to win last night! Not sure I understand why though. They're ahead of us in the standings Petecard. Psychologically it makes it easier to beat them? I don't know if that is necessarily the case.

Regardless, most of us want duke to loose anyway but this year in particular we should be rooting against them every game (even if they are playing us next)

Posted by: mikegt67 | February 11, 2010 12:39 PM | Report abuse

But yes, I meant to add in the one post that no UMD fan should be happy that Duke won last night.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 11, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Stop the presses!!! Poopster agrees with Barno!!!

That is, if he isn't being his usual sarcastic, antaganizing self.

Posted by: mikegt67 | February 11, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

nope no sarcasm or antagonism. Watched parts of that game last night and was "rooting" for UNC.

Of course UNC stinks and couldn't close the deal.

Guess that blows rickyterps theory that I only pick the opposite line of thinking barno takes, don't it ricky-boy?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 11, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

How did Clemson play vs. UMD after losing to BC? If the Terps win on Saturday they will be alone in first on losses. 100% focus on the Duke game boys, let's go!

Posted by: Realness1 | February 11, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Glenn Beck is a tool. A poor entertainer, who charades as a newsman. I will and have defended his right to be a tool to the death (USMC). Just turn the channel.

Posted by: reindeerterp | February 11, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Glenn Beck is hard to watch, period. Does matter whether you're a liberal or a conservative. He's just not a serious news person and I have never understood why so many people watch his show.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 11, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

should say "does NOT matter whether you're a liberal or conservative"

Posted by: Barno1 | February 11, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Just saw this.

AP
DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke forward Lance Thomas is doubtful for Saturday's game against Maryland with what team officials say is a severely bruised bone in his right knee.

The team made the announcement Thursday, one day after Thomas injured his knee early in the second half of the eighth-ranked Blue Devils' 64-54 victory against rival North Carolina.

Thomas has started all but one game this season for Duke (20-4, 8-2 ACC). The senior averages 5.7 points and 4.9 rebounds while bringing much-needed interior toughness for the ACC-leading Blue Devils (No. 7 ESPN/USA Today, No. 8 AP).

He was hurt in a collision with Larry Drew II with about 17 minutes left in Wednesday night's game.

Posted by: jake177 | February 11, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Thanks Poopy. Only shoveled three times since Tuesday evening. Man, it seems a lot of folks who I've not seen post on this board regularly seem to go after you Poops. wtf? Not nearly as many go after Petecard from NY - its usually regulars at least. Still, its not like last season, where everyday there were holy wars on the board. In terms of Duke - we'll need them to lose to more than just MD to take the conference; that said, I agree with your point that Coach K will not allow the team to overlook anyone, much less MD when 1st place in the conference is at stake.

All -

Forgive my cultural ignorance, but who is Glenn Beck? I actually stick with BBC America and BBC World news so I can get the limey's take on things.

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | February 11, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Poopy, Garo, Petecard, Barno:

Why not just pool your money, check into a bathhouse for the weekend, and "take your frustrations out" on each other?

On the real: Please SHUT THE F*$# UP, unless you're commenting on something in the article, you effing morons! Stop acting like straight beeyotches, monopolizing this and every other posting board/blog you visit. No one feels like scrolling on and on, 'cause you guys wanna whine and go back and forth like preteen girls.

Now, back to our regularly-scheduled program...

Posted by: ntlekt | February 9, 2010 11:59 PM

ntlekt -

I respectfully disagree with your opinion stated above. I for one, find the whole lot of them entertaining and informative. We are all Terp fans, and we do not have to agree. Additionally, to whoever blasted Poopy about the TV snowperson, that is the type of stuff that makes this board a community. Love to hear stories of UMD hijinks and experiences. Love the fact that Barno heard it from GW for starting the "We Want Duke" chant. Many, if not most of us attended MD or had family who did so (or both). I've picked up as much about the program from Barno (in particular), Petecard and Poopy as I have from the WaPo writers. Finally, all of those who have attended UMCP have the right to complain about parking tickets no matter what the topic is on the thread. Seriously.

That said, will we ever see Goins play?

regards -

hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | February 11, 2010 5:44 PM | Report abuse

Huge,

Glenn Beck is a poor man's version of Bill O'Reilly for stupid people. Beck lacks both, the humor and savvy, that O'Reilly has demonstrated by having Jon Stewart on his program.

One of MD's weaknesses this year has been containing dribble penetration from quick guards. Nolan Smith is a problem for our Terps. If the Terps focus on Smith, than I am afraid Scheyer and Singler light us up from outside. I see Nolan Smith having a huge game. Maybe a zone defense to counter the dribble penetration. We then would be vulnerable to offensive rebounds which is already a strong area for Duke.

GW will have his hands full becasue Smith and Singler are tough match up problems.

Check out the link: Photos 1 and 8 are great "Scheyer Faces".

This kid makes the goofiest faces while playing b-ball that I have ever seen.

Posted by: larry31 | February 11, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

By the way,

I saw an "up close and personal" piece on JJ Redick that was produced and aired by ESPN. It was a very sympathetic piece about all the hardship poor JJ had to endure for being the most hated player in the ACC. It is painful to watch until 2-1/2 minutes in, then bliss happens. JJ Redick starts reading his original poetry. It is so awful, it is funny. In honor of Duke Week, I will try to find that piece and post the link.

Posted by: larry31 | February 11, 2010 6:01 PM | Report abuse

larry -

Watching Scheyer makes me think that Calvin (from calvin N hobbes) grew up to be a bball player. Back in the day, duke had the same sort of thing on Jordan and his tongue. Of course my personal favorite was "The Twelve Whiny Faces of Christian Laettner" which was e-mailed around circa 1992 (I believe it was done in Harvard Graphics if you remember that predecessor to MS PowerPoint). Please find the JJR link. I have a colleague that needs to be forced to watch it. He sends me different wmvs of GV's shimmy at every opportunity. Will send him some Scheyer faces tomorrow morning.

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | February 11, 2010 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Hugh,

I'll look for the JJ Redick poetry and post it on the most recent Terrapins Insider post. It's classic.

Good Calvin and Hobbes reference.

Never saw the 12 whiny faces of Christian Laettner. Please provide a link if you can find it.

And stop posting stuff that has nothing to do with the 8pm start time! :)

Posted by: larry31 | February 11, 2010 8:05 PM | Report abuse

Hugh,

Hear is the link of JJ Redick reading poetry:

It is a totally slanted piece on JJ. Dickie V must have been the director and producer. The first five minutes may be nauseating to MD fans, so if you want to skip to JJ's awful poetry, it is at the five minute mark.

JJ's shooting provided many gifts to Duke fans. His poetry that has been immortalized on you tube is his eternal gift to MD fans.

Posted by: larry31 | February 11, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

Larry31,

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha thanks so much for that.

"I can't see what my future has in store
But I move forth
With the strength of a condor
The courage of a warrior"

I smell a Pulitzer Prize for Poetry in the near future for J.J.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 11, 2010 11:08 PM | Report abuse

Great link Larry Legend. I remember that clip...God I hated Redick. Normally I think there's no need for cursing at the opposing team in your chants...but with it being Redick, I had no problem with it. (except that they were on espn)

Should the same standards apply anyway for ABBREVIATIONS as they do for actual curse words?

I worry about the censorship at MD games. The very lame banning of the band playing Rock n Roll part II was the school's overreaction to the Redick chant. No, we don't need F U chants directed at the opposing team, but the school has become increasingly more politically correct to try to curb this stuff.

Everyone wants a fun, family friendly atmosphere at the games, but are we really going to take away our traditions because someone complained about the word "beat the hell out you and you" and "hey you suck" in the students chants?

Those were our chants, and we liked 'em...we liked 'em.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 11, 2010 11:54 PM | Report abuse

Just saw this. Just another reason we should never have made Franklin the coach in waiting. This could really hinder our recruiting if the NCAA doesn't give us an exemption. But remember, Franklin was a "qualified minority" which was how our athletic department described him, repeatedly, and his promotion (to Ralph Friedgen's chagrin).

More politically correct nonsense that leads to problems.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 12, 2010 12:03 AM | Report abuse