Maryland-Virginia postponed

UPDATED 11:33 with official word:

The University of Maryland has confirmed that Wednesday night's Maryland-Virginia game has been postponed.

More on rescheduling as it becomes available.

By Matt Bonesteel  |  February 9, 2010; 11:25 AM ET
Categories:  Men's basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sylven Landesberg: Cavs headed back to Charlottesville
Next: Maryland-Virginia men's basketball game postponed until Feb. 15

Comments

Dagger

Posted by: Barno1 | February 9, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad. As a season ticket holder, already missed NC on Sunday. Would have been even angrier about missing another game, but would've blamed Mother Nature and not the ACC/Terps. Rules are rules and I'm in the ex-burbs of Frederick County. Other neighborhoods are in better condition than mine.

Posted by: lamaccountant1 | February 9, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Awesome!!! Maybe now I will be able to make it to the game. Hopefully rescheduled doesn't mean Thursday afternoon.

Posted by: TerpFan2001 | February 9, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

I'm guessing Tuesday, March 9, 2010. That's the only open date that will allow more than two days rest between games.

Posted by: Russtinator | February 9, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

I always liked those raucous snow games when I was a student, and as a TV viewer who doesn't live nearby anymore, I'd just as soon have a game to watch. But, I realize things are pretty bad down there and safety first and all that.

Posted by: pipkin42 | February 9, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse