Once up to speed, Maryland flourished in second half against Wolfpack

Senior guard Greivis Vasquez said the Terrapins grew "too comfortable" with the slow pace N.C. State dictated during the first half of Wednesday night's game. Part of that may have been because of Maryland's fatigue. Regardless, the Terrapins seemed out of sync on offense before the intermission against the Wolfpack. They shot 33.3 percent and made just 1 of 5 three-point attempts (20 percent).

"Nothing was good in the first half," Coach Gary Williams said when asked about his team's shot selection before the break. "Our timing in our offense, our defensive intensity -- so that was just a product of the way we played in the first half."

Maryland started producing better shots for itself in the second half once it was able to elevate the tempo and fluster N.C. State with its press defense. Williams said it helped that the Terrapins got more layups in the second half, and that's certainly true.

But Maryland's overall rhythm seemed to improve once its defense started forcing N.C. State to commit silly errors. The Terrapins appeared to shoot with more confidence, as if they expected their attempts to go in, rather than hoping that they would fall. Maryland shot 56 percent and made 4 of 8 three-point attempts (50 percent) after the intermission.

"It was real slow in the first half and they were able to do whatever they wanted to do," said junior guard Adrian Bowie, who drained two three-pointers during Maryland's second-half comeback surge. "They ran their offense at their speed, and that wasn't our type of speed."

By Steve Yanda  |  February 18, 2010; 12:28 PM ET
Categories:  Men's basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jordan Williams 'on a fine line'
Next: Maryland defense forces serious N.C. State drought

Comments

Sorry barno but I'm not og-barno. As hugh pointed out yesterday, me posting early isn't happening. That post from og-barno was at 8:45 am here. I was sound asleep in my bed, all snuggled in with the dog and cat. Only reason I'm actually up now is because Fed Ed woke me up banging on my door to deliver a box of win (not box win, but a box of wine bottles mind you).

Also, I loved how yet again you are the instigator. Could've tried to keep harmony going but nope, you again had to be the instigator.

Loved my quotes too. Of course the ones about him not being able to both talk the talk and walk the walk was right on. He did stink it up last year when he ran his mouth about Cameron. Also my quote about him going to the NBA was right too since no NBA scout viewed him (at the time) as nothing more than a 2nd round pick, if that.

However, there is this nice quote of yours:

A gag order on Beavis Vasquez is long, long overdue. I love his play (when he is under control) but the crap he does after he makes a shot makes me embarrassed to be a MD fan.

Posted by: Barno1 | January 13, 2009 1:41 PM

So, barno, Vasquez's antics makes you embarrassed to be a MD fan. Hum, interesting no? You, being embarrassed to be a MD fan because of Vasquez. Seems like it's the pot calling the kettle black no?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Also it's funny that it's okay for Barno to be wrong in all of his predictions (skins, synder, cerrato, 'skins playoffs, Terps not going 2-11) because if you're a kook-aid drinking homer and you're wrong it's okay, because you're a homer.

Yet, if you are actually looking at things through reality and call 'em as you see 'em, and end up either right or wrong that makes you some sort of fakey-fan that is a bandwagon jumper.

Ah, gotta love it.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

As for the game, amazing comeback and play in the 2nd half. Gary-The-God actually earned his paycheck last night by outcoaching Lowe. Hayes must've found my stash of old mushrooms or something because he stunk worse than some of the self-appointed private investigators and their sleuthing on here.

Glad to see they were able to overcome a double-digit deficit, on the road no less. That should build character come tournament time.

Atleast now with 8 ACC wins, we're already guaranteed to have a better ACC record than last year.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

Finally, here's this:

Whoa, slow down there, maestro. There’s a '*New' Mexico?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

I'm gonna have nine children all named greivis

Posted by: bford1kb | February 18, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

bigups to bowie for bringing it off the pine at the perfect time and williams for continuing to make me gush about his future, the squad showed some serious grit and heart tonight, big w

Posted by: bford1kb | February 18, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Poopy,

Alright, you've baited enough. What the #$(# do you do that you're in bed at 8:45AM and being woken up by deliveries of cases of wine?

Posted by: acebojangles | February 18, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

acebojangles, I work from home so I get to set my own hours. Usually at 8:45 I'm sleeping snuggled in bed.

Also, if you've been following the blog this week, I recently told Hugh that my gf was in Nebraska for 2 weeks for school. While there she bought some wine (for us and some for friends) and mailed it home. See, alcohol can be mailed to the state I live in (California).

So instead of trying to pack 6 bottles of wine into her suitcase and worry about it cracking and breaking and leaking in her suitcase and since you can't carry-on liquid on the plane anymore she Fed-Ex'd it home and it came this morning.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 1:22 PM | Report abuse

Also, I gotta love from few entries ago Barno1's Vasquez/racism post. It was typical Fox News antics too. The old "I'm not saying anybody is racist BUT........."

That's straight out of the Fox News playbook and if anyone saw John Stewart on O'Reilly last week you saw him call out Bill'O and the network for doing just the same.

Of course I think it's pretty obvious who the fox news followers/hardcore rightwingers are on here. They're the same kook-aid drinking bunch that want to shout out, drown out, and mock anyone that has a differing opinion. Same tactics Bush and Cheney used when they were in office.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Whatever Poopy-O's Exec.

This is "Terps Insider" Not "Far Left Bomb Thrower Insider" I should have known you were Nancy Pelosi in drag.

Why don't you do us all a favor and shut up for a change.

Posted by: Section505203 | February 18, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Of course I think it's pretty obvious who the CNN followers/hardcore liberals are on here. They're the same hater-aid drinking bunch that want to belittle, attack, and mock anyone that is faithful to their country (or on this board their team). Same tactics Obama used to get into office.

Posted by: JoeMama11 | February 18, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

hahahhaha. I love it. Just because someone bashes fox news/bush that automatically makes them a liberal.

Too bad I never voted for Kerry, Gore, or the golden-boy Obama.

I actually had to write-in my vote for POTUS. But don't let facts get in the way of Hannity and Beck and his blackboard's daily talking points.

Gotta love it. ahahahahahaha, I'm a liberal. Hahahahahahhahahaha

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

I love it, one negative mention of Bush and Fox News and the kooks start coming out of the woodwork. Not predictable at all.

hahahahhahhahaha

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Please post these comments on the CNN message board....they are not wanted here.

That is all....carry on....

Posted by: fushezzi | February 18, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Can't we post them on Fox New's messageboard?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

You say a lot of Sh*t on here Poopy-O's Exec. however, I don't think anyone here really believes it.

You may be the toughest security guard on the force at the local mall but, you're about as worrisome to me as a cloudy day.

Posted by: Section505203 | February 18, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse

And yet, section340304020302 here you are, commenting towards/about me rather regularly.

There's irony hidden in there somewhere.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Poopy,

Where to start?

First off, there is no doubt whatsoever that you are OG_Barno and claiming otherwise is just pointless. As someone on the DC sports bog mockingly said to you last week when you did it: "It must be Barno1's other stalker, Booby_McBoob." I honestly couldn't care less that you have to resort to those childish tactics, if you think impostering me is good for a laugh, by all means please continue.

Second off, for I guess the six or maybe seventh time, I am not a fan of Sean Hannity nor Glen Beck. Don't know how many times I have to point this out to you before you get it through your thick skull. I can see how a freak like you might see the entire world in areas of black and white, but I got news for you: there are conservatives out there who aren't in lock step with every conservative pundit on tv.

Third off, I stand by my stance that I'm in favor of a gag order on Vasquez before big games, and I stand by my statement that his shimmies are embarrassing to me. As I said before "you are not a bigot if you don't like the shimmies". This is not even remotely the pot calling the kettle black--though I can understand how it might be pretty difficult for you to find ways to call me a hypocrite, so sometimes you gotta reach a little (or in this case, a lot).

Forth, absolutely love how you are ignored your most foolish comment about Vasquez and the Terps being brought up (which you had asked me to do) in which you said Terps fans "are pitching major wood in your shorts right now but we'll see how you all are feeling come late Feb '10 when .500-Gary and the Terps are struggling to stay a .500 in the ACC." Hah!

Fifth, love how you keep pointing out my statement that 2-11 from the Terps football this season wasn't possible. As if ANY terp fan thought we might be 2-11 this year. Yeah, real damning statement you got there Poop. Piece of advice little guy: If you're going to try to effectively mock my predictions you're much better off pointing to my Redskins comments last year, they were much more outside the mainstream opinion of the team. Though on the Terp Insider, don't think too many people would find those relevant right now.

Last but not least, I know arguing/debating with you is completely pointless. You'll try to divert attention from all of my counterpoints and make some other idiotic comment in retort, ignoring every point I just made. This is your m.o., and why I have long believed there is no point in engaging with you.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 18, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

What's even better than flipping out because someone criticized Faux News is using Faux News tactics to do it!

"They're the same hater-aid drinking bunch that want to belittle, attack, and mock anyone that is faithful to their country"

Posted by: acebojangles | February 18, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

You're right barno, you got me. I was off base with my .500 Terps this year. That what you wanted to hear? Of all these quotes you posted, that was the only one where I was actually wrong. Heavens to besty. You got me. That what you wanted to hear?

Other than that, what of my "damning" quotes were so off-base? Other than calling Gary-The-God a boozehound, none. And that one, while maybe not so nice, isn't totally off the mark, as there are legendary stories of Gary boozing it up (like that pic of him in Ocean City, or even the few times I saw him WITH MY OWN EYES at EJ's Landing throwing back drinks). But don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

Atleast Vasquez doesn't make me embarrassed to be a Terp fan.

Secondly, believe what you want (and you will) but i'm not og-barno, not hypen-poop or anyone else.

However, I do think I'd get along very very well with those people who are posting under those names. Because we both get kicks out of you (and others) who get your panties all in a bunch over the fake/imposter posters.

I love you guys. You always get on your soap box and say "I don't/won't address so-and-so" and than do it on a daily basis. Not too long ago barno you said you were done addressing me but you never stopped. We actually had some good back and forth's lately. Priceless.

Finally, Barno, or section3202020, or anyone else for that matter wants too, how bout you fly out here to so-cal. Southwest has some pretty cheap flights, just as long as your not as fat as Kevin Smith. We've got numerous airports (LAX, Burbank, Long Beach, John Wayne, Ontario). I'll pick you up, and than you can lick, suck, massage, fondle, drool over my freshly manscaped nether-region.

And to think what with all the harmony and Simpsons talk I was starting to come around. What a fool I was. You're the same

The blog was in harmony but Barno couldn't have that. He had to go to his Karl Rove playbook of trying to divide and conquer.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

And than there's this, posted by someone else who posts on this very website:

"No, my issue with Barno is the dripping sanctimony with which he confronts those who lack his passion and conviction. Rather than debate on the merits of an argument, he casts doubt about the loyalty of others, thus positioning his own loyalty as superior and, therefore, Barno, himself, as superior to the rest of us. The way he writes, it's not about him being right and you being wrong, it's all about him being better than you because his affection is so much more meaningful. It's not okay for Barno to be a sanctimonious jerk."

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

By the way, how did we delve into a political conversation?

Oh that's right, PoopyMcFreak comes out of nowhere to bring up Bush, Cheney, Fox News, Hannity, O'Reilly, Glen Beck.

Seriously Poop, I know you're dying to lump everyone you disagree with in the world into one group of right wing radicals, but honestly...there's no need to bring that stuff up on here.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 18, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

And how bout you clowns put your money where your mouth is and actually prove (you know, show with actual evidence) that I'm hyphen-Poop, or OG-Barno, or that I'm petecard, or Hugh, or restonhoops, or the cast of others that have been accused of being me and vice versa.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Guess it's time for you to go back to rubbing out a load to pictures of Ronald Reagan. hahaha

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Whoops, we got another right winger Poopy had to throw into this discussion, Karl Rove.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 18, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: acebojangles | February 18, 2010 2:31 PM
====================

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

acebojangles brings the truth, lays the smackdown, takes his vitamins, says his prayers, etc...

nicely put ace.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Poopy,

Why didn't you tell us who posted that comment about me being sanctimonious? Oh that's right, because it wasn't on this blog. It was on Redskins Insider, and it was written by a guy named PDiddy, who never stopped attacking me after he started a global warming debate and I called him out for not understanding the key issues of the debate. He was a global warming alarmist who simply could not stand someone questioning his claims.

Gee, a little context goes a long way. Not that someone that goes around posing as people he disagrees with would ever provide a little context in his attacks.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 18, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

"I'll pick you up, and than you can lick, suck, massage, fondle, drool over my freshly manscaped nether-region."

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:36 PM
______________________________________________________________

In addition to being a fool and an internet stalker, Poopy-O's Exec is apparently gay, "not that there's anything wrong with that."

Posted by: Section505203 | February 18, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

McPoop,

I'm a long time lurker and first time commentor. Also, a koolaid drinker since my days living in SCumberland Hall in the mid to late '80s, and playing pick up ball in North Gym with the likes of Bias and Gatlin.

I have to ask you...Why buy wine from the rich grape producing state of Nebraska, when you live in CA?!!!

Posted by: mydogsnameisdixon | February 18, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Fushezz/Jfpterps, should we invite McPoo to come hang when we're in san diego?

Posted by: Barno1 | February 18, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

"And no, I have no interest in debating global warming with you on this blog pal."
__________________________________________________________

How can you debate something that doesn't exist? Sorry had to go there.

Posted by: Section505203 | February 18, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

mydogsnameisdixon, believe me we've drank our fair share of California wine. However, whenever we (individually or as a couple) go somewhere else that produces it's own wine we like to get some to sample the local product.

We've had wine from Arizona, Washington State, and since my gf was in Nebraska she wanted to get some local wine for us to try. Now, will it be as good as stuff from Napa? Who knows but we'll find out this weekend when we crack open a bottle.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

mydogsnameisdixon,

My family's dog was also named dixon, til he was killed by a neighbor's dog a few weeks ago. Assuming yours was also named after the juan and only.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 18, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Nah c'mon guys, it's climate change.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

now barno, I'll say this. It's terribly unfortunate to hear about your dog. I almost wanted to make a joke about it (just to really, really rile you up and be a jerk) but thought better because I know when my dog goes I'll cry like a baby.

sorry for the loss of what i'm sure was a beloved pet.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Barno,

Yes,named after Juan....although my wife, a Clemson grad, wasn't in favor of the choice.

Posted by: mydogsnameisdixon | February 18, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

as for global warming, if you don't think that all the crap we pump into the air and water has an effect on the planet (now the real debate is how much or how little, how positive or how negative) than yes, you are a moron.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

I've always pictured Poopy McPoop as a real life version of Eric Cartman. Now I know why...

Stan: What'cha do to Butters this time?
Cartman: it was genius! I waited 'til he was totally asleep, right? And then I got my camera, and I pulled down his pants, and then I took a picture of his wiener in my mouth!
Kyle: Dude!
Cartman: I know, I know, check it out, look. I got his whole wiener in my mouth, see? Heheh. Oh man, I got him good!
Stan: Dude, how is putting Butters' wiener in your mouth getting him?
Cartman: Because that makes Butters gay now!
Kyle: No dude, that makes you gay!
Cartman: Eh- ...what?
Kyle: You put a guy's wiener in your mouth, that makes you gay, stupid!
Cartman: Nuh uh.
Kyle: Yeah huh!
Cartman: Kenny, that doesn't make me gay, huh?
Kenny: (Ehe, that makes you very f****ng gay.)
Cartman: But I'm not g-I'm not gay, you guys!
Stan: You are now.
Cartman: No, no, it was a stupid mistake!
Kyle: Doesn't matter. You're gay now.
Cartman: No, it was just for a second! What, what can I do? How how can I reverse this?
Stan: You can't!
Kyle: Nono wait. I I know how you can reverse it, Cartman.
Cartman: How?
Kyle: The only way you can cancel it out is to get Butters to put your wiener in his mouth.
Cartman: Really?
Kyle: Yeah. Then it cancels out the gay polarity.
Cartman: ...S***, I gotta find Butters!

Posted by: Barno1 | February 18, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

sorry for the loss of what i'm sure was a beloved pet.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse

That's Poop...he was a great little dog. We were lucky enough to get his half-brother from the same breeder (brotha from a different motha, if you will).

mydogsnameisdixon, what kind of dog is it?

Posted by: Barno1 | February 18, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

that should have said "thanks Poop" not thats poop.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 18, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

barno, what kind of dog u got?

right now we've got a 14 year old jack russell and a tuxedo cat (among the dozens other small pets we have).

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

or should i add, what kind of dog was your dixon?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: acebojangles | February 18, 2010 2:31 PM
====================

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

nicely put ace.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAH!!!! YOu think i'm a conservative.... hahahahaaa... .... hah

Matching one generalization with another is hardly flipping out. Just pointing out how simple this poop character is. Rarely make sense, brags about the weather in SoCal, which he must enjoy by looking out the window as he's busy contradicting himself on an east coast news site that covers teams that he dislikes.

One more thing- nobody cares who what names he uses to post as, but is sure funny to see him get all up in arms anytime there is a mention of it.

Posted by: JoeMama11 | February 18, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

joe just go back to rubbing out a load to your pictures of Ronald Reagan.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

sh*tzu...

can't believe I had to put an asterisk in there to get that through WaPo security

Posted by: Barno1 | February 18, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

i like joe's faux news line of thinking. so because i live on the west coast I can't root for teams in the mid-atlantic that i grew up rooting for all my life.

I should just jump ship and root for the Dodgers, Lakers (can't root for the Clippers because they're just god aweful), Kings, Galaxy, and Chargers.

That's what your saying joemama?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Who would have thought that the subject of Dogs would bring Barno and Poop closer together!

My dixon is an American Staffordshire Terrier. They look like pit bulls, but he'd never hurt another dog. Unless its name was Duke.

Posted by: mydogsnameisdixon | February 18, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mydogsnameisdixon | February 18, 2010 3:22 PM
---------

It even happened last week when it was The Simpson's that brought us together.

Barno and I remind me of me and my brother. Growing up we'd beat the tar out of each other, said the most god-aweful things to each other, do anything to get the other one in trouble, etc.

But when push came to shove we knew we had each others back.

I'd almost venture to guess that's how Barno and I are. If we were actually to throw stuff out there we'd probably find we have way more similarities (Simpsons, dogs, etc.) than differences (how the Terps program should be).

Who knows.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Those are nice dogs dixon. One day we hope to adopt a pitbull. We also, one day hope to have enough land so we can have atleast one cow (a brown cow mind you, just so we can everyday say "how now brown cow?") and a horse.

Our current dog that I mentioned, our Jack Russell, makes me want to always have a JRT and at some point I want to get an Alaskan Malamute/husky type dog. Of course we'd most likely get that dog once we move away from So-Cal, since having a dog like that is borderline moronic with the types of hot summers we have here.

Back in Maryland, my gf's old boss had a dog that was 3/4 wolf and 1/4 husky. It was the biggest dog ever (seriously, a grown man could practically ride this thing) but it was the nicest dog on the planet and got along just fine with our JRT. Would be neat to have a dog like that (although this specific dog was illegal to have in MD).

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

That's it, meet us in San Diego Poop!

While we're on the subject of meeting T.I people, HughGRection (if that is your real name!), Larry Legend, Pete, Reston, Section505203, Deadskin, Lavar609, Russtinator, and any of the other T.I. regs I'm forgetting...how bout you guys meet us at Bentleys before/after the Duke game? Fushezz, jfpterps, joemama, and a few others are already planning on being there. We'll have a group therapy session and talk about all our inner feelings towards each other while HughG moderates. Or we'll just have a beer and a shot on me and get pumped up for the big game.

Regulars from the Redskins Insider had a nice little get together out in seattle 2 years ago the night before the Skins-Seahawks game and there was a pretty good turnout.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 18, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

If anyone is ever out in so-cal I'd be more than happy to meet up with them. I'll show you around, take you to a good bar/music-joint or 2.

It's always fun when the Barra Brava come out to party for DCU games here in Carson. Good times are always had.

And again, to bridge the gap and to try to find out more that we have in common, Barno, to quote Apu, "Quickly tell me, what is your favorite movie, book, and food?"

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

That's what your saying joemama?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Let me just say that I'm not really an advocate of any cable news channels whatsoever, but what I'm saying is that you spend a lot of time and energy projecting that how great it is to live in SoCal but yet spend an inordinate amount of time posting on this board to the point that you get irate when someone questions your posting identity as if being poopy on this board defines you. And it goes beyond being a fan because from what i can tell, you are so far removed from the reality of Terps bball and football programs. your opinion here is likely based on reading box scores or sports center highlights. You have no interesting or valuable insights about the team, but maybe it's not your fault. I'd be interested to know when the last time was that you actually attended a MD sports event. Maybe you're detached from MD teams and should find something else. Or just stick to watching cartoons.

Posted by: JoeMama11 | February 18, 2010 3:48 PM | Report abuse

really joe? really?

Is that why i regularly post links to websites that show terp games (channelsurfing.net, justintv, atdhe.net) so people like myself, can actually still watch and follow the terps. Many times I'll hook up the computer to the tv so I can watch the Terps just like I would if I was watching them in my living room if I was still living in MD.

So no, there you're actually wrong.

As for the impostors, sure like others, at times it feels almost like a violation when an impostor posts as you and the minions and rubes of this blog can't tell the difference. Ultimately though it doesn't matter and that's why I've said I'd probably get along very well with the impostors because we all find it somewhat kinda funny too.

As for the last time I was at a UMD event, it was UMD/Miami football when the 'Canes came up to CP.

Since the Terps don't get out to the West Coast much I don't get much of a chance to see them. Does that somehow make me any less of a fan? It seem like to you games attended = fandom.

As for providing insight into any particular game, that's almost kinda pointless. It's pretty easy to repeat what analysts say and to come off as knowledgeable.

But I always say (if you go back through old posts) that, in terms of Terps basketball, if you limit turnovers and limit opposing teams offensive rebounds you'll win more games than you lose.

I'm definitely not detached from MD sports teams (whether that be UMD teams or just MD teams in general, 'Skins, Caps, Wiz, O's, DCU)

Finally, I can't lie, it isn't too shabby living in so-cal. From weather, to sports, to the music scent, etc. I definitely don't ever plan on moving back east unless it's to live on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 18, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Barno/Garo, you are such a bore.

Poopy and I don't agree on everthing, but we do agree on what a gutless jerk you are.

I have to laugh at how you seem to feel that any topic you venture into is totally acceptable and everyone want to know about it, while at the same time you tell people things like... "this is no place to be saying this or that about this or that.

And it's also funny, your ego is so big, that you broadcast all your views about stalkers... even bringing in what others think about your stalkers. Your ego is so big my guess is that you are your own stalker.

Here is the bottom line Garo: Most of us don't give a rat's a*s what you think. We only know you as a pathetic koolaid drinker who spends a great deal of time 1) attacking anyone who disagrees with him 2) cuttting a pasting others' comments often out of context and usually gratuitously and 3) living in a dream world that the Maryland basketball program has been anyting other than mediocre for 6 stinking years.

Posted by: petecard | February 18, 2010 5:50 PM | Report abuse

wow-i missed some serious action today. lot to take in here, and, sorry, i skipped a bunch of this stuff.

How 'bout we just beat Georgia Tech? And I think we will. I'm looking forward to russtinators preview, those are usually pretty accurate

Posted by: jpfterps | February 18, 2010 9:23 PM | Report abuse