Favorite moment from a crazy stretch of games

So, in the past three games Maryland has won on a last-second three-pointer, by rallying from a 15-point deficit and in double overtime. Cliff Tucker, Sean Mosley and Greivis Vasquez were the respective heroes in the Terrapins' victories over Georgia Tech, Clemson and Virginia Tech. Certainly, each game had its share of moments.

But as the team prepares for a showdown with Duke at Comcast Center on Wednesday night -- a match-up that very well could produce another spectacular ending -- I'm curious as to your favorite of the past three Maryland contests. Feel free to expand on your choice in the comments section below.

By Steve Yanda  |  March 1, 2010; 8:04 AM ET
Categories:  Men's basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Maryland's efficiency improved as game against Va. Tech progressed
Next: Coach K's thoughts on Vasquez

Comments

I found it really hard to pick between these three, all were great. I went with Tucker's shot, but I will remember all three games.

Let's make another entry for the poll Wednesday night

Posted by: jpfterps | March 1, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

For me the memorable sequence is GV scoring 13 quick points in the second half against VT. 3 consecutive threes followed by 2 twos. He took over the game, we regained the lead and in mere moments, and he more than atoned for his shooting in the first half. Then the FTs started. That sequence is similar to what folks like to point out Bias could do.

So my Duke buddy is trying to play down the game this Wednesday in CP ("we've got the 1st seed all locked up....nothing to play for...allow GV to pad his point totals...Get MD better seeding in the tourney b/c if we don't win it, we'll want to see MD do well). I honestly believe the last part - if Duke gets eliminated at the dance, they'll root for MD (ABC at Duke - anybody but Carolina). When we had Joe Smith. four ACC teams finished with 12-4 records, but Wake got the first seed. I think we still were deemed regular season champions, but no banner is awarded for that. In terms of GV, he is of the opinion that GV is hands down POY. He points back to the UNC win from last year as his Bias-equivalent-coming-out-party.
I can vouch that he was celebrating mightily in 2002 on our behalf as were many Duke grads.

Regards-

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | March 1, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

So I finally found a post on the VT boards:
___________
If you're a Virgina Tech fan you're probably both the father and brother to someone.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | February 26, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse
___________

The article was about which teams VT should root for to eliminate bubble teams....a position we were in last year. The thing is, as a football crazy school, they seem to look at thier situation as a minor irritation - losing four football games and going to a crap bowl would be far worse for them. Not weird, just different.

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | March 1, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Finally a feel-good poll. I had to vote for tucker's shot, which was insane, but at the same time I felt that the game shouldn't have come to that.

VT double OT is going to be memorable for sure, but if fushezzi's boy milbourne could make an imbound pass, it would have been 5-7 pt win in regulation.

One particular moment for me that I would put above the rest was the GV "dunk" to put terps up 77-67 over clemson. That was clemson's dagger moment, comcast was going nuts, and my voice crumbled from yelling during that whole comeback sequence.

Posted by: JoeMama11 | March 1, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

All those listed are great. But for me, it had to be Jordan Williams diving for the loose ball late in the game against GA Tech and then getting up and throwing his hands up in the air, pumping up the crowd. GA Tech had all the momentum and this play, by a freshman, said a lot of him and who the leader of the future will be!!!

Posted by: goodeeze | March 1, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Didn't get to vote for my choice, GV's mop job, so I went with the VTech win, for all the reasons cited by HughG.

Posted by: petecard | March 1, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

we are overdue for a win over duke.

you guys remember this game?!

Posted by: crsiggy | March 1, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse

Kill the Pukies!!!!!!!

Posted by: JamWhitt | March 1, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

-----------------------------

Your buddy is a fool. If I were a duke fan, I'd be very concerned with wednesday's game. 3 things on the line:

ACC Player of the Year
ACC Coach of the Year
ACC Title

Not to mention a 1 seed in the NCAA tournament may very well be on the line for Duke.

Posted by: Barno1 | March 1, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

Duke has moved up to a 1 seed and MD has moved up to a 6 seed.

Yeah, not much on the line for Duke on Wednesday...

Posted by: Barno1 | March 1, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Tucker's game winner has to be #1, but agree with the above poster that pointed out Jordan Williams. His dive on the floor for the loose ball late in the Tech game with the Terps trailing is a close 2nd- He doesnt come up with that play- Tucker's shot never would have happened. Pumping up the crowd, and his team after the play was icing

Posted by: asnis715 | March 2, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse