Let's get together

Now that we're more than a week removed from the conclusion of the Maryland men's basketball season, I thought it might be a good time for all of us to get together and talk in person. I know a lot of you have questions, criticisms and comments for me about my coverage of the team, and when possible, I always like to address those sorts of things face-to-face.

With that in mind, let's try to find a night at some point in the next few weeks when we can meet up and chat over a few beers. It will give us a chance to discuss the team and its members. We can talk about this seaon, last season and next season, and I will try to answer any and all questions that you might have. I'm game if you are.

Now for the tricky part ... how to arrange such a gathering.

I'm willing to meet anywhere, so why don't you all discuss amongst yourselves in the comments section below a few nights that work best for all of you, as well as a central location that would be relatively easy for as many people to get to as possible (perhaps a pub somewhere in College Park?). Over the next couple of days, I'll look over the comments section and discern what seems to work best for the majority of the group, and we'll try to settle on something by the end of the week.

A few notes: First, I will be leaving for Indianapolis on Thursday to cover the Final Four and will not return to the D.C. area until April 6. So next Tuesday (April 6) is the earliest this gathering could take place.

Secondly, I know finding a time and place that suits everyone will be impossible, but I promise to try to set this up so that as many of you can attend as possible. If you cannot make it to this event, please feel free to email me at anytime with questions, concerns, comments, etc. at yandas@washpost.com

I look forward to seeing you all soon.

By Steve Yanda  |  March 29, 2010; 10:02 AM ET
Categories:  Men's basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Maryland men's basketball season recap: James Padgett
Next: Maryland men's basketball season recap: Adrian Bowie

Comments

SY -

Thanks for the invite. Look forward to meeting you and other members of the board then. Thursday evenings do not work for me but all others do.

Regards -

-hgr (yep, I saw the Dookie on my computer today so took a pre-emptive strike)

Posted by: hgr-1 | March 29, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

CP works for me - suggest Bentley's in the downstairs bar.

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: hgr-1 | March 29, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Steve,

That's a classy way to handle the criticism. I think your approach will be appreciated by all the commenters.

Posted by: lavar609 | March 29, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

I am not interested in taking the time to meet, but am glad others are.

If I were there at the meeting, I would just ask you to balance the negative with the positive in the right amounts (whatever the Terps deserve). The Terp downer of a Post series 18 months or so ago was imbalanced way over toward the negative, as the last two Terp seasons have demonstrated. And no, you didn't motivate the Terps to have good seasons, as Prisbell wants to take credit for. The Terps had some good internal motivation, and they could still be in the tournament today given a missed MSU shot at the buzzer.

It may not be all great, but it is definitely not all awful. How many recruits did you drive away with that imbalanced series?

And if you suspect unethical Terp behavior, please don't hint at it without facts. The Terps do run a clean program, as far as anyone can tell. Those are the facts.

Thanks.

Posted by: EdDC | March 29, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

I'm in, but would prefer downtown DC to going out to CP

Posted by: jpfterps | March 29, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Very nice offer Steve. I wish I could be there but unless you want to have it in NYC it won't work for me.

On the other hand, if a big group wants to come to Michael Jordan's in Grand Central Station... that would work!

Hope everyone enjoys the exchange.

Posted by: petecard | March 29, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Or, we could do the Hard Rock Cafe at Yankee Stadium!

Posted by: petecard | March 29, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

I live in NoVa, but work in Gaithersburg, so would prefer a MoCo or NoVa location to College Park. I would be interested in meeting to talk Terps.

Posted by: Russtinator | March 29, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

DC or Rockville will likely work for me. NoVa is no va for me.

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | March 29, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

I am open most nights as long as it is far enough in advance. I think Bentley's is a good choice, but am flexible. I am with HGR. No NoVA. Rockville, Bethesda, Silver Spring or dowtown DC could be options.

Lets' shoot for Friday April 9 while the b-ball season is still fresh. Let's tentatively do Bentley's unless there is strong opposition. As I stated, I am flexible, but just wanted to throw a time and date out there to get the ball rolling.

Kudos to Yanda for offering to meet with us.

Posted by: larry31 | March 29, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

How about Hard Times in Bethesda on a wednesday Half Price Wings night

Posted by: fzuylen | March 29, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

fzuylen -

great suggestion. Does it work for anyone else?

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | March 29, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Okay. Hard Times in Bethesda. Name a time and date.

Posted by: larry31 | March 29, 2010 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Does Wednesday the 7th work for everyone?

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | March 29, 2010 6:46 PM | Report abuse

HGR,

Works for me. We need to hear from Yanda. If it is a go, we will post the time, date and location for each post that Yanda creates.

Posted by: larry31 | March 29, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

Let me clarify. After each post that Yanda creates, we will state the time, date and location of the get together...once Yanda confirms that he can attend.

Posted by: larry31 | March 29, 2010 8:29 PM | Report abuse