Maryland enters AP top 25 at No. 22

Maryland returned to the Associated Press top 25 poll Monday for the first time since late November. The Terrapins are ranked No. 22.

Duke, the only other ACC team ranked in this week's poll, sits at No. 4. The Terrapins will host the Blue Devils at Comcast Center on Wednesday night.

By Steve Yanda  |  March 1, 2010; 12:33 PM ET
Categories:  Men's basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Gary Williams on the ACC coaches' teleconference
Next: Vasquez, J. Williams earn ACC weekly honors

Comments

At last. Two weeks overdue.

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | March 1, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Its about time!! Go Terps!!

Posted by: TerpGrad | March 1, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Well, I no longer have to wait to see if we win the ACC or get to the regionals to say that I was wrong about Greivis Vasquez. His performance last night, and for that matter throughout the ACC season, was truly magnificent. He is clearly the POY in the conference, even if they don't give him the vote. GV had matured in a manner that I didn't think he would. This fact crystalized for me a little with his "mop job" versus Clemson, but last night he carved his place in Terrapin history in stone. He handled the crowd so well it was a joy to watch. Another impression, now iron clad reality, is what a bunch of dimwits the VTech students are. The best they could do was to boo him every time he touched the ball... that's the best they could come up with?! Just compare that to the Duke students. What a laugh!

So, let me be perfectly clear: GV has nothing more to prove to me. He can have some bad games in big spots. It doesn't matter. He has proven that he is a leader and a winner. We will miss him next year.

I WAS WRONG!

Posted by: petecard | February 28, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Petecard, that's all I ever wanted to hear from you. Some of it is about a year overdue in my opinion, but better late than never.

Let's Go Terps!!!!

Posted by: Barno1 | March 1, 2010 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Whenever I think about playing up there at Comcast Center I wet my pants. Damn, there it goes again.

Posted by: MikeKrzyzewski | March 1, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Wow, looks like I picked quite the game to miss. Luckily though, the bar I was at had ESPNNEWS on and I was able to watch the end of regulation, end of the 1st overtime and the 2nd overtime.

Wild stuff.

Wednesday should be some fun stuff.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | March 1, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

wow finally. The polls are bullsh*t. Maryland should have been ranked about 3 weeks ago.

How is UNC supposed to be ranked for half the season including (1-2 conf. play), along with FSU, WF, GT, and Clemson, but Maryland with no bad losses a very consistent play (top 1-2 in the ACC pracitally all season) not even get No. 35 until now?

I wonder what they'll rank us next MOnday if we beat #4 dook at home, and for the first time in 4 tries beat a miserable uva team on the road.

Posted by: TheMarylander | March 1, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

just realized that Maryland is only 3 spots behind G'town. wtf happened to them?

Ultimate cb wish: a UMD-GT Final 4 game (that the Terps win of course)

Posted by: TheMarylander | March 1, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Poopy, did the end of the game (and OTs) really get carried live on espnnews? That's actually pretty cool.

Posted by: Barno1 | March 1, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

barno, yeah, i was at a bar down in the hollywood-area and on one of the tv's behind the bar they had espnnews on. We were there having a few drinks waiting to go to a concert when I looked up and saw them doing those "live, look-in" deals. Showed the end of regulation and the 1st OT, and I think most of the 2nd OT.

Left the bar feeling pumped up about not only the win, but getting to watch it, than went to an awesome show.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | March 1, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

I'm glad for the team, but the polls don't mean squat. I mean really - I think we here and many pundits believe the Terps are better than 22nd.

But whatever. We got a number to do on Smug U. on Wednesday. GO TERPS!!!

Posted by: info_stuporhighway | March 1, 2010 5:15 PM | Report abuse