Maryland-Miami game at noon or 3:30 p.m. on Nov. 6

We'll have to wait until Sunday to find out the kickoff time for Maryland's Nov. 6 showdown at Miami.

It could be at noon and televised on ESPNU or ACC Network/Raycom.

Or it could be at 3:30 and televised on ABC.

By Eric Prisbell  | October 25, 2010; 3:54 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Maryland's Danny O'Brien, Antwine Perez earn ACC honors
Next: Making sense of struggling Wake Forest

Comments

FANTASTIC win by our Terps on Saturday. That's the stuff BCS-Championship teams are made of. The Terps were close to all the predictions I made last week. Good job boys!!!!! Smash mouth football destroyed BC's morale. Glad all of us "real" Terp fans can enjoy this victory by our Terps.

I'm sure the Fridge-haters and non kool-aid drinkers are so bitter at having to swallow the Fridge/Terps-are-awesome pill. My next 2 kids I'm gonna name Ralph and Testudo. That's how us "real" fans roll.

I'd say right now the Terps should be a Top-10 team. No doubt about it. Anyone that thinks otherwise isn't a "real" fan of the Terps. Fridge for NCAA Coach-of-the-Year!!!! If the Terps keep this up and aren't playing for the BCS Championship in January there is something seriously wrong with NCAA football. I think right now the Terps would destroy Oregon and Auburn, no question about it!!!!!!!

Of course we all know "real" fans go to all Terp games, of course I only mean football and basketball. If you support Terp soccer or baseball or field hockey or club rugby you're still not a "real" fan unless you go to every Terp football and bball game!!! If you think otherwise I've got some choice insults for you. Of course if I call you names it's not an insult, it's simply a fact. Book it.

Didn't like ESPN putting that BC play on the Top-10 though. Only goes to show that stupid ESPN is definitely NESPN and will support any/everything Boston or New England related. Stupid sports network.

On to the Wake game where we'll win by at least 50 points and run the ball for 800 yards while throwing for 1200. Wake is toast!!!!!

Alright off to take the dog on a walk and play fetch with him. What a good boy the dog is.

Posted by: DixonTheDog | October 25, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Oh, and for those speculating, I make my posts not from just a Kinko's, but from a Fed-Ex Kinko's.

Boo-Yah!!!

Posted by: DixonTheDog | October 25, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Make that 6 games thus far that the Terps are on national tv.

Posted by: Barno1 | October 25, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

Barno,

What Russian math are you doing saying that we're on national tv 6 times?

Here's my count: Navy (ESPN), WVU (ESPNU), FIU (ESPNU).

Raycom does not count as national television considering it is a crappy regional sports network that can barely keep up with the way tv is going and John Swofford felt sorry for them when making the new deal with ESPN which was also horrible. And ESPN3 doesn't count either and I'm not going to get into why that doesn't count because it's common sense.

NC State at Clemson is the only other game that could be broadcast that day on the crappy regional network and I would say if NC State loses this Thursday, that's where they'll be. If they win, it could be a toss up but Miami is more likely to be on national tv because of the draw but it will also depend on the relevance on of the Terps after this weekend.

Posted by: DiehardTerp | October 26, 2010 8:42 AM | Report abuse

My guess...

NC State-Clemson, Noon ESPNU
Terps-Miami, Noon ACC Network
Florida State-UNC, 3:30 ABC
Virginia-Duke, Noon ESPN3
Wake-BC, 3:30 ESPN3

Miami has not played a Noon ACC Network game as of yet.

Posted by: Kev29 | October 26, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

The only Maryland games televised so far in my area were the Navy and Clemson games.

Posted by: SirPelleas | October 26, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Barno is off by one...

Navy was on ESPN
WVU was on ESPNU
FIU was on ESPNU
Wake is on ESPNU
Miami will either be on ESPNU or ABC, granted if on ABC, that would not be a "national" game since the ABC 3:30 slot is home to multiple regional games.

Posted by: Russtinator | October 26, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Poopy,
You've seriously lost it. Take a break dude.

Posted by: aviscardo | October 26, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

Thanks Russ, you are correct I was off by one. I counted the Clemson regionally televised game when i shouldn't have. That's 5 nationally televised games scheduled thus far. Maryland will set a school record for most nationally televised games in a season if we keep this up.

Posted by: Barno1 | October 26, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Let's make it 12 Noon, on the ACC Network.. Then, we can fall behind by like 30 some points at halftime.. Then, we put in our back-up QB, some guy named Reich, and he leads us back to victory.. I'll be there.. Actually do hope it is 12 Noon, then after, head right next door to Calder and bet the last few races of the Breeders Cup...

Posted by: frostanna | October 26, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Always love Frank Reich references. Still to this day can't believe he did what he not once but twice (1 in college 1 in pros). And, little known fact, but Scott McBrien had a similarly absurd comeback after being inserted at halftime in a NFL Europe game several years ago. Yeah, it was just europe, but still.

Posted by: Barno1 | October 26, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SirPelleas | October 26, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

The FIU and WVU games were both on ESPNU. That's not regional, it's national. If you have cable or satellite, chances are you have espnu and don't know it yet.

Posted by: Barno1 | October 26, 2010 6:41 PM | Report abuse