Maryland-Florida State game set for 8 p.m. kickoff on ABC

By Eric Prisbell

Maryland gets its prime-time slot. The Terrapins will play Florida State in what promises to be a critical Atlantic Division showdown on 8 p.m. on ABC on Nov. 20.

I remember another night game against the Seminoles in 2008. For Maryland fans, hopefully a different outcome.

By Eric Prisbell  | November 8, 2010; 1:14 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Terps Open Against Up-Tempo Seattle
Next: Feel-Good Season-Opener Exposes a Weakness

Comments

Oh no, Prisbell's going to have to work to meet his deadline.

Actually, I'm astounded that they set this game up in the 8 PM regional primetime slot. FSU plays in the same slot this week against Clemson, and typically the networks frown upon showing the same team two weeks in a row in the same slot unless they're highly ranked. I'm guessing Maryland's going to pull out the Black-out for the game, and we might see 50k+ in Byrd to see the game that could decide the Atlantic Division.

Posted by: Russtinator | November 8, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

IF we beat Virginia, which as we all know is a big if, I think we see well over 50,000 at the FSU game.

Need to beat UVA this weekend to make the final 2 weeks of the season a real treat for Terps fans.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 8, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

What a travesty of officiating at the UMD football game last weekend. Those officials totally handed Miami the game. Fridge and Co. have every right to be angry at the officiating. If it wasn't for the officials the Terps would've squashed the 'Canes and downgraded them to a tropical depression.

I also blame Obama, Pelosi, Reid, Scrappy-Doo, and Obamacare for the Terps loss. Pox on all of them.

No worries though, the Terps and Fridge will come out and make Virginia wish they weren't playing UMD. We'll destroy the Cavs by at least 40 points and rack up 700+ yards against them, in the 1st half alone.

Anyone got a problem with that? Because if you do you are not a "real" Terps fans. I also take issue with lots of fake Terp fans. It was obvious that there were TONS of tickets available to the game last Saturday and Terp fans should've been out in full force to back our team. Shame on them for not doing so!!!

Of course we all know that "real" fans go to all UMD games, no matter where they are played. "Real" Terp fans support the program no matter what and should be giddy with glee that we are a slightly above average team. Fridge has worked wonders with the program and have brought it up from the dregs of NCAA football. All hail King over-.500 Fridge. If you want greatness go elsewhere.

If you think otherwise here's how it'll go down:

1) I'll call you every juvenile name in the book, question your IQ, question your fandom, and make sure you know who runs the blog.

2) I'll copy and save everything you type to a word document so I can have it easily available for me to re-post when it makes me look smart and makes you look like a fool.

3) I'll cry, whine, and email The Post tattle-tailing on you.

4) I'll start a website promoting the firing of someone on the UMD staff. Of course when others want coaches fired I'll call them out on it, but again, when it suits me, I'll start a website.

Any questions?

That said, Terps are still BCS Championship bound baby!!!! If you think otherwise you're just drinking the negative-nancy kool-aid when you need to be drinking the Terp Juice. That'll get you krunk!!

I too, join the chorus of others hoping that one day we'll all be able to fight the powers that be and Free Poopy!!

Also, I sure hope I'm not the only one that is utterly appalled, angered, and downright disgusted by ESPN in their promotion of Duke basketball in that 4-part series. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time to take the dog to the park. He's very lively today and shows no signs of meeting his end.

Terps destroy Virginia. Book it!!!

Posted by: DixonTheDog | November 8, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Two ABC prime time games in a row for FSU (Clemson this weekend), weird. And it looks like a good deal of the east coast will see our game since there's no Big Ten option that night. Guess they used some of their weird game time rules to keep OSU-Iowa at 3:30.

Posted by: Kev29 | November 8, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Keep in mind the Terps played FSU at 8 p.m. in 2008 in a similar position that we are in right now. We got caught scoreboard watching that day, and when Boston College got an upset win earlier in the day rendering our game less meaningful (we then couldn't clinch the division that night), the MD players were deflated and it showed on the field an hour later.

Same thing happened 2 years earlier when we played Wake Forest at night in a season ending game with ACC title game on the line. That year we thought we were out of contention after the loss at Boston College and were scoreboard watching during the thursday night game when Miami handed the Terps an early xmas present by beating BC and opening the door for MD to still win the division.

We lost both games. Big.

Hopefully we have learned our lesson and our players/coaches don't watch ANY scores or games these last few weeks. Just focus on your opponent and nothing else boys.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 8, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

ahh - as a favor, and only as a favor, change the handle and drop the dog bits. Its your call, but having lost my own dogs, and hearing a 10yo boy tell me about losing his puppy in a car last week really make it hard to laugh at some of the other really inventive stuff you said. all else is kinda fair for board sniping, not that I 'm a judge or scorekeeper. I've said it before, censorship sucks.

Nice, nice point on the fire the coach hypocrisy which I am also guilty of. Its ok for all of us to want to see JF gone, but rankles most of us when others call for RF's head. Still too early for me to get the torches and summon a the villagers to Frankenstein's castle just yet for RF. But I really don't want to see the sequel "Bride of Frankenstein" starring JF. The team has played well this year and has oddly enough STILL has the opportunity to do something great.

I myself am absolutely disappointed about the Miami game. I sincerely thought this was gonna be THE GAME. And miami did what they could to hand a win to us. Nonetheless, the running game was underused and thus ineffective. We had lucky breaks that outweigh any bad calls. We were outphysicalled (if thats a word) when it counted and we did not win. No, I'm not writing the season off, but counting on further losses by our competition to further our cause is disatisfying.

We.must.beat.UVA. My anti-wahoo rant was held by the administrator and considering its content, I doubt it will be released. I'll try and slip it in piecemeal over the next week. I hope many Terps are in Charlottesville to support our guys.

Is it worth going to CP to watch the game tonight or should I stick with a sports bar out here in Columbia instead?

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | November 8, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

Directed at dixonthe dog:

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | November 8, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

________________________
I don't have nearly the hatred many of the younger guys do towards Duke. But it provides a ton of ammo for those who already hate Duke. I have more dislike for ESPN being so far up Duke's a$$ then towards Duke itself.

If GW allowed that kind of access, I'd definitely watch.

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | November 8, 2010 5:41 PM | Report abuse

I don't think there will be a Blackout for the FSU game.. Is that not the game Maryland is honoring the troops with the camo uniforms?? If so, I'm glad.. I don't think our record with Blackouts is very good.. Be ourselves that nite.. But first, take care of Virginia...

Posted by: frostanna | November 8, 2010 6:06 PM | Report abuse

Stoglin is nice. Thank God we have a real PG.

Posted by: Realness1 | November 8, 2010 8:41 PM | Report abuse

Glad the game's on ABC. But please, no blackout. That marketing scheme has jumped the shark too many times, already, and besides we suck at those games. If we sell the game out, that will be impressive enough.

Beat UVA this weekend, then everyone will have a reason to watch this meaningful game.

Posted by: ecglotfelty | November 8, 2010 10:03 PM | Report abuse

Wow. MD BB looks better than I thought they would this early in the season. Kudos to GW for going deep into the bench early in the season opener. I believe we saw all of the newcomers in the game during the first half. great performance all around and a nice way to set the tone for the season.

Regards -

-hgr

Posted by: HughGRection | November 8, 2010 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Where is the love from the people that complain about our TV schedule?

I don't mind the blackout since black is actually one of our official colors, unlike other schools that do it to be trendy.

I believe the Terps are 1-1 against FSU in blackouts.

Posted by: garrett4 | November 9, 2010 8:10 AM | Report abuse

Pro's:
Jordan Williams and Sean Mosley did what they were supposed to do, carry this team.

Tucker stepped up his game shooting 60% and dropping 16.

Impressed with Pe'shon. 8:3 a/to ratio was the best from our PGs

Depth. Lots of players getting some run. It was probably needed the way they were getting up and down the court.

Cons:

Not impressed with our PGs as a whole. They didnt handle pressure well as reflected in their a/to ratio (Bowie 2:7 and Stoglin 5:4). This is unacceptable from Bowie. I'll give Stoglin a pass since it was his first college game.

No real semblence of an offense. Are we a running team or was our play dictated by Seattle? You can't be a running team if you don't have PGs who can take care of the ball. And if we are a running team, is it gonna kill JW's legs by the end of the season?

Posted by: fushezzi | November 9, 2010 8:10 AM | Report abuse

I'm not concerned about all of those turnovers last night...6 new players + run and gun style + Bowie being too anxoius = tons of TO's.
This team is going to be fun to watch improve this year.
HGR- what sports bar in Columbia do you frequent? I'm in Ellicott City.
...and as Barno kindly pointed out...I am not Poopy!

Posted by: mydogsnameisdixon | November 9, 2010 9:08 AM | Report abuse

Over 50,000 people attend a Maryland game. HAH.

Posted by: MARKHAGNER | November 9, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Poop,
What do you do that allows you to have that much time to write on here? Seriously dude, you got to chill out. As for FSU, let's worry about UVa first.

Posted by: aviscardo | November 9, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse