Predictions for Maryland-Virginia ACC showdown

By Eric Prisbell

(I've posts on the coaching situation/recruiting and a QB debate coming very soon today, so please chime in with thoughts on those. I'm very interested in your thoughts on the topics. Thanks)

It was interesting last Saturday. Starting right after the game, I began getting emails about my game prediction. I called for a 27-20 Miami win with a late Morris-Hankerson TD. It was 26-20 with a late Morris-Hankerson TD. I’m 8-1 on the season.

Time to make predictions on the Virginia-Maryland game Saturday. Yes, Virginia put up some video game numbers in terms of yardage last week against Duke. But that was against Duke’s sorry defense. I don’t see anything like that happening this Saturday. Maryland has to do better in the red zone. The Terps cannot squander opportunities. And Maryland’s run defense has to play like it is capable of playing. Maryland has only won once in Charlottesville since 1992. Make it twice after Saturday. Travis Baltz with a late field goal to win it.

Maryland stays in the Atlantic Division race. Maryland ensures a winning regular season.

Maryland 24, Virginia 21

By Eric Prisbell  | November 12, 2010; 8:50 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friedgen tells prospects he plans on being at Maryland for years
Next: Is Maryland's coaching situation confusing for recruits?

Comments

I think it's a high scoring affair with the Terps' defense and special teams contributing points...38-21 Terps

Posted by: Russtinator | November 12, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

I agree with Russ. I think the Terps will score at least one TD via special teams, which will seal the win. 28-21 Terps.

Posted by: aviscardo | November 12, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

At Scott Stadium, Maryland must be strong on special teams and win the giveaway/takeaway battle. It certainly won't be easy, but the Terps will prevail in a nail-biter, 20-17. Go Terps!

Posted by: Terptwin | November 12, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Maryland 30
UVA 7

Posted by: fushezzi | November 12, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Silly me for thinking this was for the Terps-UVA semifinal in the ACC soccer tournament.

Posted by: CYork1 | November 12, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

After the past few seasons, the Terps owe it to the Cavs to give them a beat down.

Posted by: garrett4 | November 12, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

We are due vs UVA. Haven't beaten them since 2006, when we were down 20-0 at halftime on the road and stormed back to victory to save the season.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 12, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Can the defense come up with a pick-6 for the third week in a row? I hope so. Our defense didn't fail us last week. The Canes had double the amount we had on time of possession. That won't happen this week, though. The Wa-WHOS? kill themselves with penalties every week.And since they have a sub-500 record, this is a game we SHOULD win and usually do.

Terps 31, UVA 21.

Posted by: ecglotfelty | November 12, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Coming as I do from a long line of Romans, I sacrificed a lamb, a rabbit, and a neighbor's dog to Minerva in seeking Her wisdom regarding Saturday's match between our Terps and UVa. The entrails were explicit and here's what Minerva said through them:

"You must wait for them to play the game."

Posted by: AncientTerp | November 12, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

I like AncientTerp. He brings years of wisdom to this board.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 12, 2010 6:31 PM | Report abuse

Mosely hits a 3 pointer at the buzzer for the win...Terps 82-80

Posted by: TerpfanMA | November 13, 2010 8:06 AM | Report abuse

Danny O makes up for poor performance last week. Terps backs get more from the running game, maybe even see Douglas get some carries. Hope the offense get the tight ends more involved.

Terps have the advantage in the turnover game.

Terps 27...UVA 17.