Posted at 2:35 PM ET, 12/16/2010

Maryland close to reaching Military Bowl ticket allotment

By Eric Prisbell

Ticket sales for the Military Bowl on Dec. 29 are going extremely well. Let's hope the weather cooperates. This release just came across from Maryland:

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – The University of Maryland has sold more than 7,300 tickets to the Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman as of the close of business Wednesday.

Fewer than 1,500 of the team’s 10,000-ticket allotment remain available for public sale through Maryland Athletics.

“I’m very appreciative of the support we have received so far from Terrapin Nation,” head football coach Ralph Friedgen said. “I hope we can finish this out strong and see plenty of Terp fans in RFK Stadium.”

Only the $55 tickets remain for purchase with the $90 tickets having been sold out. Tickets are available by calling 1-800-IM-A-TERP or visiting www.umterps.com. The Maryland ticket office is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.

Buying tickets through the University guarantees Terp fans seats in the Maryland section. For Terrapin fans not able to attend the game on Dec. 29, they may also purchase and donate tickets which will go to local military personnel.

By Eric Prisbell  | December 16, 2010; 2:35 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: James Franklin expected to become Vanderbilt head football coach
Next: James Franklin-to-Vanderbilt deal appears near finish

Comments

I did my part. We need to have a T.I. Military Bowl Meetup. They sell any beer with, um, flavor in RFK?

Posted by: info_stuporhighway | December 16, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

what in the name of cam newton's dad is going on here?

Posted by: rev_ollie | December 16, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Franklin still hasn't been announced as Vandy's head coach and now Testudotimes has news on its website that there is now a mystery candidate. If Franklin isn't hired, can any news on T.I. be taken seriously anymore?

From the earlier posting:

BB surprise is JW's dominating and Pe's play.

Disappointment: Mosley (which kills me to say b/c he's my favorite player) and Tucker.

other notes:

Can't see Parker making a mark at UMD besides a career bench player. Can't see him starting as the swingman over Faust (who is also 6'6") or Mosley at SF next year.

I think losing Dino after this year will hurt us more than we think.

I think Stoglin's game needs to mature and luckily there is time for it. He just needs a tab bit of a conscience (sp?). Just a tab though.

Posted by: fushezzi | December 16, 2010 4:06 PM | Report abuse

And yes, I just wrote tab instead of tad twice. I'm losing it.

Posted by: fushezzi | December 16, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

They sell any beer with, um, flavor in RFK?

Posted by: info_stuporhighway | December 16, 2010 3:02 PM

I can't speak for the Military Bowl but at DC United games they have several stands that serve imported/premium beers.

Posted by: croftonpost | December 16, 2010 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Me and a large group of buddies sucked it up and bought 8 tickets through the Athletic Department. Gotta support the team (even when being extorted). We'll be at the Hawk & Dove for pregame festivities unless it's above 40 degree. I'm too old for anything under 40 degrees!

Posted by: WheelsRI | December 16, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

From Tennesean.com, today:
Maryland offensive coordinator James Franklin is about to be named Vanderbilt’s next football coach, Vanderbilt Board of Trust and search committee member John Ingram said Thursday afternoon.

“We’re about to have this all wrapped up,” Ingram said.

Vice Chancellor of Athletics David Williams has not returned multiple calls today.

Posted by: erniegogo | December 16, 2010 5:14 PM | Report abuse

Got 10 tix for our crew. We will be tailgating early at the beer tree along the pee river in lot 8 (I think). Hopefully the "get off the grass!" parking attendant guy will be there bouncing his head to our music like the old days.

Posted by: Barno1 | December 16, 2010 5:24 PM | Report abuse

See you guys there. I will be the guy roasting a raccoon on a spit in Lot 8 with Barno.

Posted by: aviscardo | December 16, 2010 6:45 PM | Report abuse

I just bought 4 tickets. Looking forward to it now.

Posted by: hateisnotafamilyvalue | December 17, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

So, Prisbell, I guess that you were wrong about Terp fans support for bowl games. What a shock! Of course, it is now (conveintly) too late in the game to matter - your distortions scuttled a better bowl bid weeks ago. Can I expect an apology & retraction for the slander that you consistently printed about the Terps fan support for bowl games? I didn't think so.

BTW, when do you plan to start blogging that selling out the ticket allotment really doesn't mean anything, since the bowl game is so close? I fully expect to see that lie real soon.

Posted by: smitch6087 | December 17, 2010 11:03 PM | Report abuse

So, Prisbell, I guess that you were wrong about Terp fans support for bowl games. What a shock! Of course, it is now (conviently) too late in the game to matter - your distortions scuttled a better bowl bid weeks ago. Can I expect an apology & retraction for the slander that you consistently printed about the Terps fan support for bowl games? I didn't think so.

Posted by: smitch6087 | December 17, 2010 11:04 PM | Report abuse