Get Updates:  Twitter  |   Facebook  |  RSS Feeds RSS Feed
Posted at 11:20 AM ET, 02/21/2011

Build your own 'fully loaded' SUV, inspired by D.C. Council Chairman Kwame Brown

By Maggie Fazeli Fard

kwamebrownsuv.jpg

Feeling inspired by D.C. Council Chairman Kwame Brown's request for a "fully loaded" Lincoln Navigator L?

Well, now's your chance to design your own dream ride.

Will you follow Brown's lead, opting for a DVD entertainment system, power moonroof, polished aluminum wheels and the demand for an all-black interior and exterior that landed the council chairman in the hot seat last week? Or is a royal red metallic exterior with a chrome hood accent and tan leather seats more your style?

Design your dream car using Lincoln's interactive tool, then show or describe your dream car in the comments below.

By Maggie Fazeli Fard  | February 21, 2011; 11:20 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Racing President' hopefuls try out at Nationals Park
Next: Footwear blamed for 'rock snot' invasion of Md. streams

Comments

K. Brown should be ashamed of his stupidity. Get a bike and use all the empty bike lanes heading out of SE.

Posted by: dccounselor72 | February 21, 2011 1:39 PM | Report abuse

With the corrupt compost, this is a funny story when it's a democrat involved. If Brown were a Republican, I doubt they'd be so lighthearted about it..

Posted by: wewintheylose1 | February 21, 2011 1:51 PM | Report abuse

The only accessories needed to flesh out this pimpmobile is a fedora,bling and a gold capped tooth.

Posted by: slim21 | February 21, 2011 2:28 PM | Report abuse

It's not so funny that the DC Government has to pay $1,900 a month on two Lincoln Navi's, because Kwame didn't like the original truck he got, because it had grey seats.

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | February 21, 2011 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Waste full spending I don't see why its necessary for Brown to have a new vehicle espeically fully loaded.

Posted by: agarnett1000 | February 21, 2011 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Brown will be the next mayor of DC.

Posted by: mitlen | February 21, 2011 2:49 PM | Report abuse

I heard on fox5 this morning that Brown wanted a Navagator with black interior which cost the taxpayers 1900 per month. he was sent one with gray interior and he didnt want it so now they are stuck paying for the other truck until October. This is wasterful spending if I ever heard. What they should do is make him pay for this lavish expense. but no what will happen they will cut programs that will benefit the taxpayers in order for this type of spending to continue. Gray has to put a stop to this now. Where is the fiscial responsiblity here? Why does he need this kind of truck? he can save the taxpayers money by using a zip car when he has to do any type of govt work and use his own car for his person use. That is DC at work arent you proud to be a Washingtonian?

Posted by: browneyes1 | February 21, 2011 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Here I am furloughed today, first of four days mind you, having to take my car in for repairs that I can't afford and this guy is wasting my tax dollars getting the interior he wants. What is wrong with this picture? This makes me literally sick to my stomach, why does the DC Govt constantly act like spoiled brats in DC? The sense of entitlement demonstrated here with Councilman CHAIRPERSON Brown shows very poor judgment and even worse leadership. Disgraceful!

Posted by: Peppered | February 21, 2011 3:35 PM | Report abuse

This gives the republicans more ammo for a control board, look at the DC government and their wasteful spending.

Posted by: jmosee | February 21, 2011 3:52 PM | Report abuse

I played around with the customization options and couldn't get the monthly lease price (on a 39/mo lease) to eclipse $1,000. How in the world did Kwame get to almost 2k?

Posted by: JHeels | February 21, 2011 4:03 PM | Report abuse

now hes all set for a rap video

Posted by: tycasco | February 21, 2011 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Amazing, I only selected the best features and the lease payment only came out to $828 for 39 months.

Posted by: slydell | February 21, 2011 5:21 PM | Report abuse

There's no way Brown had no idea of the cost of the luxury vehicle. What amazes me is how he conned his way into having the council elect him as chairman. What's happening to this city? Do we care about where Washington, DC is headed? It seems as though we've decided to allow crooks to run the city. Marion Barry was not the best but he never stole from us.

Posted by: skinfreak | February 21, 2011 5:50 PM | Report abuse

Good ol' Kwame Brown. You can take the G out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the G. How embarrassing.

Posted by: password1111 | February 21, 2011 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Ok - I designed my own the way I think Mr. Brown designed his - with as much worthless crap on it as possible.

I was only able to get the monthly payments on it up to $1280 by reducing the down payment to zero and the term to the shortest possible at 24 months.

This is THE MOST EXPENSIVE way to lease one - of course.

Posted by: 8-Man2 | February 21, 2011 7:26 PM | Report abuse

And Mary Cheh supports this guy? WTF is she smoking these days?

Posted by: WashingtonDame | February 21, 2011 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Kwame Brown had serious money problems prior to running for his seat. Stupid constituents said everyone makes mistakes and it was the man trying to smear another confident black man. Brown is the typical fast-talking huckster. He's no different than all those pastors or reverends pilfering money from morons in black-churches.

Posted by: jab00 | February 21, 2011 9:09 PM | Report abuse

mitlen wrote:

Brown will be the next mayor of DC.

******
Not by my vote. I did not vote for him as Council Chair and will not ever vote for this con artist. I say we should re-call him before he brings the control board back down on us. It is ludicrous that Kwame fails to see how this behavior reflects negatively on the city -- not just him.

He certainly should forget any notion of becoming mayor. This is just the tip of the nitwit's iceberg. More ridiculous antics to come -- both politically and personally.

Posted by: sheridaw | February 21, 2011 10:26 PM | Report abuse

For those trying to build their own Lincoln to reach the $1900 level, you can't because the $500 "Government Use" option has to be manually tacked on by the schyster car dealer. Sort of like the $200 toilet seats and $300 hammers sold to the Federal Government.

Posted by: Nghbrhdwatch | February 22, 2011 6:50 AM | Report abuse

Something else WaPo can investigate:

The dealership's justification for charging the astronomical price for both leases.

Did Mr. Brown's W2 reflect lease inclusion for one or both vehicles?

Posted by: Nghbrhdwatch | February 22, 2011 7:04 AM | Report abuse

Dr. Clifford Thomas, karate teacher at Bladensburg Community Center in PG County reads kids reports cards in his class to strangers in attendance thereby molesting and humiliating the kids and parents. My idiot paretns allow this and I kicked out a parent last week for questioning me and I called the parent a sis$$y and a punk in the same week.
The Rec dept does nothun lead by Ronnie Gathers and County Exec Rush Baker cannot stop me cause I run this school.
*It is taxpayer owned property and I really do not have a school but I cheat the peeps like Kwame Brown and I laugh all the way to the bank and eat at great fast food places, I can hardly stadn for more than 9 minutes and I cheat you dungs with no tungs.

Posted by: DrCliffordThomasKarate | February 22, 2011 8:03 AM | Report abuse

"$500 "Government Use" option has to be manually tacked on by the schyster car dealer"

That explains it, thanks

Posted by: BEEPEE | February 22, 2011 8:04 AM | Report abuse

Sounds to me as if he is following in the footsteps of the other Kwame that was in Detroit!

Posted by: oakiedokie1 | February 22, 2011 9:17 AM | Report abuse

Obviously, Kwame Brown's role model is disgraced former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. Between this story and the massive credit card debt this loser has (the reason I didn't vote for him), this is a guy who can't understand basic math and numbers, and whose motivation for becoming city council chair was to drive a pimped-out Navigator on the taxpayer's dime and increase his salary to help pay off his stupid boat-load (literally and figuratively) of debt. It's so sad that the nation's capital can't do better than this sorry excuse for a leader. Thanks for feeding into every tea-party and bigoted stereotype of a black politician Kwame!

Posted by: DC-UM-UDM | February 22, 2011 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JHeels | February 21, 2011 4:03 PM

----------------------

Shorter lease term (a year or less) equals a higher monthly payment, maybe? That plus the "Gov't Use" surcharge would seem to get them to $1900, unless there's some dealer kickback in that monthly figure too.

Posted by: 1950snoopy | February 22, 2011 4:05 PM | Report abuse