In performance: The return of Anonymous 4

In today's Washington Post: Anonymous 4 gives itself a good name, by Charles T. Downey.

By Anne Midgette  |  December 2, 2009; 6:00 AM ET
Categories:  local reviews
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: WNO: more cuts, less opera
Next: Holiday music

Comments

Would you say that this is, in fact, not a comeback, since the artists have been here for years, rocking their peers and putting suckers in fear?

Posted by: Lindemann777 | December 2, 2009 8:54 AM | Report abuse

Andrew, the last concert that Anonymous 4 gave in the area, in 2004, showed some problems that seemed to indicate a worrying decline in the group's sound (something I chose not to harp on in the article). Shortly after that, they more or less disbanded and were not doing much as a group for a while. So, yes, I would describe their return to touring, recording, and something closer to their original, winning sound as a "comeback."

Posted by: Charles_D | December 2, 2009 11:09 AM | Report abuse

(sorry...I thought an LL Cool J reference would be funny...pay me no mind)

Posted by: Lindemann777 | December 2, 2009 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Unfortunately the LL Cool J reference probably soared right over the heads of the majority of readers here, just as it did over mine.

This reminds me of a time at the start of my career when I was editing a story and over-hastily rewrote a writer's line about how a new group "smells not like teen spirit but like rotten fish," because what was "smells like teen spirit" supposed to mean, anyway? (I still blush about that one.)

Posted by: MidgetteA | December 2, 2009 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Andrew, don't make me pull out my jammy. ;-)

Posted by: Charles_D | December 3, 2009 12:11 AM | Report abuse

Sir, we are not interested in your private activity here, only in a discussion of musical phenomena and musical reception, and musical and cultural facts. Please don't abuse your posting privileges.

Posted by: snaketime1 | December 3, 2009 9:33 AM | Report abuse

But Charles' jammy might go BLOW! I need to know these things.

Posted by: Lindemann777 | December 3, 2009 3:52 PM | Report abuse