Posted at 11:25 AM ET, 11/25/2010

Leon Fleisher: My Nine Lives

By Anne Midgette

In Sunday's Washington Post: A preview excerpt of "My Nine Lives: A Memoir of Many Careers in Music," by Leon Fleisher and Anne Midgette.

The memoir, which I co-wrote with Leon Fleisher, will appear on November 30th (shameless self-promotion: you can pre-order now). There are also excerpts, with musical illustrations, on the publisher's webpage.

For those in the area, there will be a reading at the Pratt Library (followed by a book signing at the Ivy Bookstore) in Baltimore on November December 16th, and at Politics and Prose in Washington in January.

By Anne Midgette  | November 25, 2010; 11:25 AM ET
Categories:  books
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Founding fathers
Next: Saturday links: musicians in profile

Comments

Anne Midgette - if it has your name on it, it has got to be interesting!!! I will be on the lookout for it. Thank you.

Posted by: pronetoviolins | November 26, 2010 2:39 PM | Report abuse

For readings, I believe you mean at 7 PM on 16 Dec. 2010 at Enoch Pratt Library 400 Cathedral Street Baltimore, MD 21201

Posted by: kashe | November 26, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Has a date been set in January for the signing at Politics & Prose?

Posted by: JerryFloyd1 | November 28, 2010 5:11 PM | Report abuse

There will also be a book signing at the Peabody Institute, 17 East Mount Vernon Place in Baltimore (we're expecting you, Anne!), on Tuesday, December 7, at 5:30 pm. Come for the signing, stay for the Peabody Trio concert...

Posted by: richseld | December 2, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, richseld - I had somehow thought that was a Peabody-only event when I posted, so I'm glad you set me right.

Posted by: Anne Midgette | December 5, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse