The Checkout

Fuel Savings or Fuel Fraud?

Strange New Products is a blog that looks at the "weirdest, funniest, stupidest, and ingenious new products entering the marketplace." Last December, it posted an item about BioPerformance, a pill that you pop into your gas tank to improve fuel mileage and reduce emissions. As the blog noted, BioPerformance's makers called it a "revolutionary fuel saving product" that can improve fuel mileage 35 percent--or more.

But Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has called the pill a fraud, saying it's made of naphthalene, basically the chemical found in mothballs. Not only is naphthalene toxic, but it could also decrease engine performance, said Abbott, who in mid-May obtained a temporary restraining order and asset freeze against Dallas-based BioPerformance. "The pill does absolutely nothing to improve gas mileage," Abbott said in a press release.

Abbott said BioPerformance was really an illegal pyramid scheme, "merely a smokescreen to trigger the recruitment of more and more paying members." He noted that consumers are encouraged to become "dealers" at various dazzling seminars that the company sponsors around the country, at start-up costs between $300 to $500. (Indeed, in the company's initial press release, BioPerformance said its mission was "to reduce pollution, conserve fuel, reduce the price of fuel by reducing demand and create 1,000 millionaires through the marketing of its product.")

In response to the lawsuit, BioPerformance president Lowell Mims posted a notice on the company's Web site, saying the company was complying with the court order while "eagerly waiting for our day in court." Mims said a new round of testing on the product "will soon be released and should help dispel the defamatory charges..."Our new round of testing on the product will soon be released and should help dispel the defamatory charges that have been made against the product and should help us return to fulfilling our central mission."

Meanwhile, in April, Strange New Products posted an update about BioPerformance: "Strange New Products did not test this product and does not endorse it. We only serve to inform readers about this, and other products. Consult an automobile expert before using it."

By  |  May 30, 2006; 9:12 AM ET Legal Battles/Settlements
Previous: A Warning About Inflatable Pools | Next: Animal Attraction

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

I'd like to start selling a tablet that, when ingested by ordinary citizens, causes them to become fervent left-wing consumer advocates and to vote for politicians with vision that ranges further than those politicians' coffers.

If we had voted for Gore in 2000, gas wouldn't be $3.00 a gallon today, because we would have had clean air provisions in law mandating better mileage in cars. That's vision. That's what we've lacked.

Oh, wait, we did vote for Gore...

Posted by: Gene | May 30, 2006 10:40 AM

For those 1,000 BioPerformance millionaires: I have a bridge to sell. Contact me for more information.

Posted by: Brooklyn | May 30, 2006 11:23 AM

There really is a way to get cars going 100 mpg.. it is being blocked by the major auto manufacturers and their lobbiest friends in DC...

"Plug-In Hybrid Cars".

Plug-in Hybrids use electyricity at night wen power co's can't sell all that they generate

Plug-in Hybrids get 100mpg or more.

Plug-in hybrids could use the battery technology owned by GM... but GM won't let it be used for a battery larger than can run a flashlight... go figure.

This is a National Security issue held hostage by Detriot.

Posted by: TRUE MPG Increase Tech | May 30, 2006 1:30 PM

TrueMPG, I think we are being held hostage by a VP and his secret energy policies.

Posted by: Dim | May 30, 2006 3:30 PM

Who in their right mind would believe that some stupid horse pill is going to save them fuel mileage? When their mission statement includes "create 1,000 millionaires through the marketing of [this] product", I've got a million red flags going off in my head. And their "website" doesn't provide all that much product info. I've seen this movie before (government grants, anyone?). It's a classic MLM scam, with a phony additive that hasn't been officially tested by anyone of credibility.

I got an idea--how 'bout taking your car over to the Lube shop every once in a while, get your fuel system cleaned, engine flushed, oil changed...and stop driving like it's the Indy 500 all the time? That's going to cost more upfront, but it's cheaper in the long run than buying five sets of these horse pills and putting them in your tank, expecting the same result to occur.

Posted by: vcthree | May 30, 2006 4:01 PM

We are being held hostage by big oil. I personally am getting a 19% increase in my fuel economy as a result of using this product. Why do you suppose then that Texas, home of big oil, wants to shut this down? For those folks that are quick to slam something that haven't tried it first hand, perhaps you've not seen the ball since the kickoff.

Posted by: Kevin | May 30, 2006 9:12 PM

We tried this product on a 1993 Toyota Camry with 230,000 Miles on it. Our Mileage went from 320 Miles a tank to 460 Miles a tank. We pretty much drive to the same places every week with only a few changes. The product works! I have seen people get as little as a 4% increase which does not make the product a cost effective product for that particular car. After putting this product in my wife's car I tried mine. My car is a 1996 Ford Crown Victoria. I had a 7 mile per gallon increase! To me this was GREAT! The thing that enrages me about this product was the lies behind it. BioPerformance was touted to be a non toxic enzyme. It turns out it is toxic! Why would you lie about something that truly works? I carried this stuff in my car while transporting my children! Their lies put my families well being in jepordy and they could care less! This to me is enough to shut the company down. They offered a product that worked. This is not a pyramid scam. What the company has done is Fraud! They lied about the safety of the product!

Posted by: Gregg | May 31, 2006 9:31 AM

Greg--are you going to give back the increased gas mileage? After all, safety first.

Posted by: Steve | May 31, 2006 9:47 AM

Hey morons, Gas is $7 a gallon in Australia and $15 a gallon on other parts of the world. Guess what? Bush isnt President there so lose the VP is making Americans pay alot for gas so he can become richer comments. The fact of the matter is Americans are gas hungry and our own production facilities are MAXED out. Its simple supply and demand economics at work here - not some grand govt conspiracy. Learn about something before you write some public comment based on nothing but your ignorance.

Posted by: Alan Moore | May 31, 2006 11:14 AM

We have used BioPerformance in our 2 vehicles. We did get significant increase in mileage and horsepower. In fact, one of our vans stopped stalling out all the time just after the 1st tank. I don't know about the whole non-toxic vs. toxic thing yet because the results of the latest test have not been released. BioPerformance had their day in court yesterday so let's see how that unfolds before we pass judgement.

Posted by: Gwen | May 31, 2006 11:55 AM

BIOPERFORMANCE IS A GREAT PRODUCT. We tested the BioPerformance pills on 2 different vehicles. WE NOW USE THEM REGULARLY.

2001 Nissan truck, we drive around town & to work. This truck INCREASED MILEAGE FROM 15 to 18.5 mpg. We filled up last week and we increased another half gallon! Our overall increase is from 15 to 19 MPG. NEW.

1988 FordF350, 1 TON Flatbed truck. Gross vehicle weight is 12,000 pounds. The truck INCREASED MILEAGE FROM 4.5 to 8 mpg and got a 77% INCREASE.

WE DID A 2nd test in the next fill up and increased from the original 4.5 to 9 MPG.
That is a 100% increase in our mileage!

WE DID A 3rd TEST in the next fill up and increased another HALF GALLON to 9.5 miles per gallon.

We are now at 9.5 mpg on this old truck. We have increased our mileage from 4.5 to 9.5 mpg. That is OVER 100% increase! We continue to average 9 mpg.

The Ford truck is used in the recycling business and hauls pallets and scrap metal. Some loads weigh 2 to 3 tons so you can see this old truck is really getting a work out.

Posted by: Pat and Steve | May 31, 2006 12:57 PM

I want to make it VERY CLEAR....we didn't "do" anything to our vehicles to get increased gas mileage when using the BioPerformance product.

We did not put more air in the tires, drive different or say prayers!!!!

All we did was to use the BioPerformance product AS DIRECTED. So all you naysayers, you don't know what you're talking about. I know dozens of people who have increased their mileage after using BioPerformance!!

Posted by: Pat and Steve | May 31, 2006 1:36 PM

I remember taking a class in college in organic chemistry. The professor showed several chemicals that smelled like fruit, and I remember one that smelled like banana, but it was not a banana. Now, BioPerformance may smell like moth balls, but according to the manufacturer, it is not moth balls, but a close family member with a proprietary formulation that gets proven results. Never mind the 16 years of successful usage in Germany before it made its appearance in the U.S.

Everyone I let try the powder form of the product gets immediate results, my sister the last one who got 5 mpg increase immediately in her new 2006 Suzuki. My 2002 Ford Windstar (a gas hog) gets a 34% increase, and my 1992 Toyota Corolla (a great gas saver) still gets a 25% increase in mileage. Now I wonder how my vehicles learned to lie to me like that? Shame on them.

Now as to illegal pyramid schemes-- If this is illegal, how did they get to open their doors when they checked with several Attorneys General to begin with and along the way during their 5 short months of satisfying customers and allowing hard working individuals create more cash flow each week for their families? I relish the opportunity to do the same thing that Sam Walton did- making a living for himself and family by creating happy customers who return for business each week. In fact, I quit working for Wal-Mart Corporate to have that opportunity since they could not afford to pay me what I am worth, but BioPerformance can!! Now the Texas AG is sleeping with Big Oil and preventing me from earning a living while he runs for Governor? Like the Russian comedian up in Branson, MO, Yakov, says: "What a country!"

I don't know if BP will survive this unconscionable tactic by Mr. Abbott, I can only pray they do for the sake of decent people who build honest business opportunities for honest Americans to support their families with, using the greatest economic system on the planet, the American Free Enterprise System!

As for Mr. Abbott's chances to realize the great American political dream, I only pray that the citizens of the great Republic of Texas are as concerned about their future under such a governor as some seem to be in shutting down one of their great American enterprises, BioPerformance.

Posted by: Wyman | May 31, 2006 2:10 PM

We used BioPerformance in a rental van and drove it to Las Vegas from Ohio. On the way out without the pill the van got 330 miles per tank. On the way back in got 420 miles per tank.(doubters say this was just because the wind was at our back.)
My 2001 Focus(190,000 miles, no tune-up etc.) was getting 250 miles per 10 gallons. After 4 fill-ups I am now getting 320 miles per 10 gallons of gas. Better mileage than the car is rated or ever got. It is amazing how people that know nothing about something have a real nothing opinion. This product is ISO listed so if it is a farce then everything ISO listed must be also.

Posted by: Jim & Betty | May 31, 2006 3:02 PM

My son and I have been using BioPerformance Fuel pills for several months now. He has a 2000 Jeep Wrangler and I have a pristine 1985 Mazda RX7 with a rotary engine. His gas mileage has increased by 23.4% and mine by 11.6%. I have gradually increased my mileage from 17.1 to 20.2 much to my relief.

Sure BioPerformance Fuel smells like moth balls but it really isn't naphthalene. How many folks have used moth balls for years and years without ill effect? If you are worried just use a little common sense (or is that too dangerous also?) instead of doing the "chicken little" thing.

Instead of trying to tear down the product and its manufacturer in the name of safety and business style, why don't we act like mature adults and all give the product a try. Once you try it you won't want the AG cutting your supply.

Posted by: Frank & Scott | May 31, 2006 3:35 PM

You might want to check out an automotive engineer's view of BioPerformance - www.fuelsaving.info/bioperformance.htm . With reference to Jim & Betty above - one of the big lies about BP is that it was "tested and certified by ISO". The test lab (who said the original results were inconclusive!) is ISO9000 registered, but the product is NOT.

Posted by: Tony | May 31, 2006 3:47 PM

It is interesting to read about products that some people tear apart without ever trying while others who do try the product get great results.

The Texas AG didn't use the product or even get a complaint from any Texas citizen. He started this rampage all on his own; (really it was the big oil companies who's pockets he lives in who pushed him to go after Bio-Pro).

As one informant said the Texas AG Abbott also has "FFI" and "Ethos" info on his desk to shut down next.

Apparently any product that would upset the balance in the bankbooks of the Illuminati must be put down. If you need more examples research "Royal Raymond Rife" who in the 1920's and 1930's invented a machine that would have eliminated the need for pharmaceutical companies and 95% of ALL doctors! Now we can't have something like that in this world, what would all those drug companies do if they couldn't addict you and kill you with faulty medications that cost thousands of percent more for a person than the same thing does for an animal!
Or look at Dennis Lee's permanent magnetic pollution free electricity generator. We can't let free electricity lose, who would pollute our environment if the big electric companies stopped burning oil, coal and gas to product that pollution; I mean electricity. How about Larken Rose and rule 861 of the US tax code proving that federal income tax is illegal for most every American! Let's not even go there.

I personally have tried BioPerformance gas pills and powder according to the instructions and would swear on a stack of bibles that I am getting 25 to 30% better mileage without having done anything else in terms of tune-ups or putting air in my tires.

There is a claim that the pills are toxic. I ask you, who cares? If you drank the gasoline you put in your car are you trying in vain to tell me that that would be OK? Is gasoline now non-toxic? So if I put toxic substance BP in Toxic product gasoline, get better mileage and pollute less how is that a bad thing? You better send AG Abbott over to my house so he can save me from this terrible calamity I'm getting myself into and fast!

Remember "Who's on First? by Abbott and Costello"...
Could this the Texas AG Abbott be the same man?
Don't insult Bud and Lou like that; of course it's not.

And what about multi level marketing? It only moves about 100 billion dollars worth of product every year by all companies combined.
A scam? I think not.
A Pyramid? Maybe but then everything in the world can be called a pyramid like a "Feudal Pyramid" with one King on top, then the Royal family, then the Overlords, then Lords, then Vassals, then Armed soldiers, then all the peasants! How about the Roman Catholic Pyramid: one Pope, more Cardinals, many Bishops, lots more Pastors then the masses at the bottom! (that's you - Part of the masses) How about the "Modern Administrative Pyramid": one President, 2 or more VPs, then the Board of directors, a bunch of Managers, lots more Supervisors, tons of Foremen, millions of workers at the bottom of the pyramid! (you again)

Look on the back of a US One Dollar Bill- see that, out money is based on a pyramid AND a secret society- "The Free Masons"! How about you family tree!, Cell division! Fractal technology in mathematics! What about the military! I think you get the point; EVERYTHING IS A PYRAMID!

Just because everything is a pyramid doesn't mean they are all scams! Some, sure of course there are some that are but not Bio Performance.

I could go on but if you don't get the point by now you are hopeless.

The wise man doesn't get upset at the things he can't do anything about.

So don't be upset when Bio Performance comes back strong and the Texas AG, Abbott fades
Into obscurity other than a footnote in history as the man who couldn't close down a good
Thing for the planet and our children.

Posted by: Bruce Nelkin LMT | May 31, 2006 3:59 PM

I am SO EXCITED about my latest results from using the BioPerformance Fuel Powder!

I have a 2006 Ford Fusion. I went from 16.1 mpg to 25.1 MPG HIGHWAY on my FIRST QUARTER TANK OF GAS! I AM NOW AVERAGING 24.2 City and 25.6 HIGHWAY!! I AM GETTING AN EXTRA 110 MILES PER TANK -- that's about a 34% INCREASE!!!

BIOPERFORMANCE DOES WORK!! Not even the Attorney General can convince me otherwise! I know one thing for sure -- the Texas AG's Top Campaign Contributions came from BIG OIL and their attorneys! Check it out for yourself....just do a Google. How long are we Americans gonna allow our politicians to keep blaming the high gas prices on the Arabs?

Posted by: Julie | May 31, 2006 4:09 PM

MOVIE COMES OUT JUNE 28th! http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/

In 1966 Electric cars began to appear on roads all over California. They were quiet and fast, produced no exhause and RAN WITHOUT GASOLINE.

WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR?

CHECK THIS OUT and forward this info to all your friends. I would buy an electric car, except the oil companies, Big government and the car companies won't let me!!!!

Be sure to look at the section THE SUSPECTS

click here: http://www.sonyclassics.com/whokilledtheelectriccar/

"A quietly shocking indictment of our gas-guzzling auto companies and the petro-politicians who love them"

Karen Durbin, Elle Magazine.

Posted by: Sue | May 31, 2006 7:08 PM

Our 1997 Ford Taurus went from 19 mpg to 25 mpg using BioPerformance. Our daughter's 1999 ford escort went from 33 to 42.5mpg on the highway. The "little green pill" WORKS!

Posted by: Victoria | May 31, 2006 11:12 PM

We have used the product on 4 different cars and are saving 25% or more. We also, have others doing the same...it does work!!

Posted by: BD | June 1, 2006 8:46 AM

Tony, Tony, Tony.

The ISO9000 certification qualifies the testing lab and not the product. Products cannot qualify for ISO9000 certification.

To gain certification for the lab they must comply with the ISO9000 document and meet certain standards relative to demonstrated reliability of test methods.

Sorry, that ruse won't work!

Posted by: Frank | June 1, 2006 10:17 AM

I think some of those hopeful "1000 millionares" are visiting this website. Anyone care to explain in scientific way how this product works, rather than offer anecdotal evidence? Specifically, how can a fuel additive, increase the combustive energy of gasoline, and therefore increase fuel mileage?

Posted by: jw | June 1, 2006 11:32 AM

Greg Abbott says the Bio Performance product does not work, but he has never tested it, I have and my cadillac went from 18.5 MPG to 27 MPG and my new 2006 GMC Pickup went from 13.8 to 19 MPG. Now if it does not work why am I getting so many more miles per tank full?? Play your games if you must, but those who say it does not work have not tried it properly in their vehicles!!

Posted by: Larry Holmquist | June 1, 2006 2:31 PM

More than 17 mpg in a 2005 Ford F-150 is impossible without this product. I used to get less than 13 mpg. My wife uses the Bio product in our Ford Focus wagon and is getting 120 more miles per tank with the product.

I have heard it suggested by Mr Abbot that we are getting better mileage because we have filled our tires with more air, changed our oil and don't use our air conditioning when its hot! He forgot to mention that we don't really start our vehicles anymore, we have them drawn by horses!

Shoot even my lawn tractor runs better with this stuff. Give it a try for yourself and you be the judge.

Posted by: Tim Rice | June 1, 2006 3:10 PM

I wonder why people think that nothing can ever be improved? Everybody that is knocking the product, has not even tried it. How will you feel if people made a judgement about you before they even met you. I DON'T THINK THAT WOULD BE FAIR TO YOU.

Now, I have been using BioPerformance since Jan 24 2006 and I'm getting about a 32% savings for every full tank of gas that I put in my truck. That's about a $16 savings for every full tank.

Bio Performance grew to over 55,000 distributors without having a free sign up and without trying to slander the competition. This company grew so fast because the PRODUCT WORKS!!!

Now the Oil - Companies are trying to swept the product under the rug, so they can save their profits.

Try it, before you knock it...it's only fair. Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you.

Posted by: Antonio Mitchell | June 1, 2006 3:57 PM

I think the AG is a liar that is MY OPINION and I stand behind it.

I KNOW BioPerformance works! We didn't do ANYTHING to our vehicles except use the product. Sorry for being angry and namecalling but I know BioPerformance worked for thousands of people.

Maybe if Mr. Abbott was less concerned about his Big Oil buddies and more concerned about the US Citizen paying an ARM AND A LEG for gas.....our country would be in a better place.

You can count me ON THE SIDE OF CONSERVATION THE ENVIRONMENT & SAVING MONEY ON OUR GAS!

Posted by: Just Me - a BioPerformance customer | June 1, 2006 4:20 PM

I was very skeptical of this magic pill myself. But a friend talked me into trying it. I got 3 mpg increase in the city and 10 mpg on the road increase on my 2004 Kia Optima. And I didn't change my oil, tire pressure or anything. I didn't change my driving habits either. I work in law enforcement and got several of our officers to try it also. Every one of them has also seen a tremendous increase on their mileage. So the Texas AG can say what he wants, but he doesn't know anything.

Posted by: Charles Fesperman | June 1, 2006 5:05 PM

We have been using BP for over 2 months and our mileage increased by 18% in our 1993 Ford Crown Victoria. I KNOW it works and the greedy morons in charge of the TRO will never change my mind about that no matter where the restraining order goes from here!! Our son uses it in his motorcycle and increased his milage by more than 10% in the first tankful!

Posted by: Russ | June 1, 2006 5:18 PM

FYI the TRO has been extended with a trial date in September. I attended part of the TRO hearing -listening to the "experts" drone on about octane ratings, chemical composition and the like. Since when does one person's assessment become the final word? All that I came away with was that the state's expert claims it can't work based on their chemical tests and combustion theory and that they never actually used the product on a real vehicle. The Dr.'s staff had not yet completed dynamometer testing, which is closer to actually using the product than chemcial property tests.

He also stated that the savings testimonials were the result of these people not using the AC, proper tire inflation, oil changes, and driving habit changes due to the increase in fuel costs.
I would like to know what savings percentage these routine procedures produce. I have never noticed my gas mileage jump noticebly after airing my tires or changing my oil or even putting injector cleaner in my tank.

As an engineer my natural inclination is skeptical curiosity. After reading some of the marketing glitz, my assessment was the same as most - must be a scam. But, if grandiose marketing claims and sales rhetoric have become illegal I expect all commercials and a bunch of websites ( and SPAMMER too?) will cease to exist soon. Does using "That" toothpaste really make your teeth whiter or drinking "This" beer get you the hot women?

I did agree to try the BioPerformance product and make an effort at being objective. I was pleasantly suprised. My 98 Explorer V8 (that I have driven since it was new) went from a dismal 14 mpg to over 18 after following the prescribed dosages. My daughter's 97 Sentra went from 21 to 27 mpg on the first tank. These results convinced me to join the business. I have at least a handful of friends who tried samples and have come back to me for more after they saw positive results. One friend, who drives a diesel truck for a living (his annual fuel expenses alone exceed $50,000) has registered an mpg increase from 5.5 to 7 after 2 tanks, in addition to noticebly more power. He could save over $10,000 per year using this product.

I have yet to make any "huge" money from the "pyramid" partly due to the shutdown, not being an agressive MLMer, and giving samples away to friends and family. I now have people waiting in line to sign up. Simply because they were open minded and objective enough to give it a try - and found that BioPerformance Fuel WORKS.

It's in the lawyers hands now - too bad. Until then I'm stretching my supply as long as possible.

Posted by: GoBoatin-Austin | June 1, 2006 5:33 PM

My husband an engineer, physicist carefully
monitored our car a 1996 taurus as we tested the pills at 2.8 tanks we were showing a 4 mpg increase with the same kind of driving only we had to turn our air conditioner on in comparison to not having it on initally. We may have had even more mpg. in comparison.
The sad fact is we know the product works--
I feel we are in a battle and will the truth of the products bennefit win out over big oil & greed in the political arena. Thru the years we have seen big pockets win--but it time for WE THE PEOPLE
TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED> Give them no
rest with a constant barrage of our testimonies. Over 50,000 happy BP customers are not delusional and believing a lie--the proof is in the product. I dare
Gregg ABBott to try it for himself used as perscribed and he would see the truth.

Posted by: Lindy | June 1, 2006 6:13 PM

My husband an engineer, physicist carefully
monitored our car a 1996 taurus as we tested the pills at 2.8 tank fulls we were showing a 4 mpg increase with the same kind of driving only we had to turn our air conditioner on in comparison to not having it on initally. We may have had even more mpg. in comparison.
The sad fact is we know the product works--
TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED> Give them no
Gregg Abbott to try it for himself used as perscribed and he would see the truth.

Posted by: Lindy | June 1, 2006 6:16 PM

I am consistenly getting more than 20% additional MPG after using the Bioperformance Gas Pills. It is disappointing that I may not be able to
purchase them in the future. Hopefully,
the final chapter has not been written
yet.

Posted by: James | June 1, 2006 7:46 PM

We all know mr. abbott will never tries these pills why would he, he gets all the free gas he needs so he doesnt care about saving money at the pump and he probably has a freakin chouffer to drive him around in his free giant-sized suv
and my 1994 silverado (156000 miles) went from 14 mpg to a little over 17 mpg after ONE tank
TOXIC whats worse these pills or these cigerettes i smoke

Posted by: Aaron | June 3, 2006 2:19 AM

I don't beleive for one minute that other forces and motives are at work against BP. The AG office immediately recinded the claim BP was a pyramid scheme. The slam dunk, few hours in the morning case quickly became more than the AG office bargained for. BP needs to stand fast, and IBO should keep the faith that this can be resolved way before 09/18/06.

Posted by: DC Miller | June 3, 2006 5:54 AM

To whom it may concern, doubters and believers in the product alike.

I have personaly tested this product in a 1987 Dodge Dakota that Gained 22% in mileage, a 1997 Geo Metro that gained 23.5% a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant that has gained and astounding 27% A 1989 Ford Ranger that gained 25% a 2000 Ford Mustang that has gained 18% and a 1996 Saturn SL2 that has gained 28.5%.

My father who tried this product simply to prove it does not work drives a 1991 Geo Metro that has gone from 35.2 average over 7 tanks previous to Bio to 44.6 over the last 7 tanks with Bio!

He also has a motor home that has averaged 6.19 MPG since he bought it 14 years ago, it NEVER got better than 6.7 MPG on any trip, this includes with or without wind, air in the tires being perfect, with or without Air Conditioning etc. Since using the Bio Performance he has increased to 8.2 MPG and it is still climbing each tank.

How can people say this product does not work when there are litteraly thousands of people getting results? chemicaly test all you want the proof is in the end result and for those who have tried this product and seen the results first hand you will be hard pressed to convince them that what they have personally seen with their own eyes is a total abberition.

The bottom line is this product does work.

Posted by: Terry | June 4, 2006 2:36 PM

We made our initial investment as a general manager on 3/31/06, and had an autodraft payment deducted again on 4/31/06. By 5/15/06 (6 WEEKS after our "sign-up") we had NEVER received one ounce of product and sent a CERTIFED LETTER demanding CANCELLATION of our membership, a FULL refund, and a demand to CEASE & DESIST all future auto payments.

Two days later (5/17/06) the Atty Gen for the State of Texas slapped them with a restraining order.

Bioperformance REFUSED to sign for our CERTIFIED LETTER of cancellation and RETURNED TO SENDER!

I cannot in good conscience recommend this company to anyone for any reason!!

Never mind whether this product works or not!!!!!! They have NO INTEGRITY!!!!!

Posted by: Vera | June 11, 2006 3:15 AM

I cannot in good conscience recommend this company to anyone for any reason!!

Never mind whether this product works or not!!!!!! They have NO INTEGRITY!!!!!

Posted by: Vera | June 12, 2006 6:55 PM

Vera, During the time you enrolled, the company was spending millions updating their manfacturing and distribution facility...so BP could get ahead of the growth curve. I believe it would have been better if they would have told everyone that there would be no shipments going out during that 3 to 4 week period. Sorry you only experienced this SNAFU. They were just getting out of this change up when the TX AG issued the TRO on May 17th which froze any forward movement. Yes I agree BP needed a better CSR dept. And they will get it together if they can prove in court what we are all testifying here. If whereever you work had an increase of 50K customers in a just a 5 month period do you think you might have some huge logistical problems? Do you think a start up company could anticipate that it would grow faster than any other Networking company in the history of this business genre. GROWING PAINS are bittersweet at best, and in business they can ruin you.
I used the product for one month to be sure it worked before I told people to try it. My old 92 Dodge Caravan with 188K miles
increased mileage from 19.5 to 23.2mpg or about 18.9% increase. It has more performance and I love it. I'm glad I have 8 bottles to hold me over,

Posted by: Gene | June 14, 2006 12:15 AM

My Web Page;

--Who killed the "electric car"?

..I did.!

Well, only as we know them now.

General Motors and others have seen my web pages and saw new possibilities that go way beyond the present plug-in type EVs
where one has to wait hours leave alone an unsure plug in location once far from home.
Here in NYC in the early 1990s, issues of my newsletter "The Street Rag" all about ideas and now also in my web page above was
distributed at the UN Plaza, Wall Street,
near Times Square, etc., It contained many
new features for future transportation that
are now being copied by many. The battery
exchange stations using a standard size that fits all cars and recharged in towers
would take only a minute to replace. Later
issues had the passenger capsule seperable from the carrier.(Now GMC calls it their
fuelcell 'skate board')These capsules would then ride my DUAL MODE MAGLEV SYSTEM which many, including prof.Ameritus are trying to claim as theirs. In other words
the auto industry very soon will sell only the cabin capsule to the public while the interfacing carriers maybe owned by leasing compnies such as Avis rent-a-car or by any governments. The MAGLEV system then becomes a universal network for high speed cargo and passenger displacement.
General Motors and others are now seeing the future differently and thus requiring
an entirely new thinking. A global solar
energy system is also in the web page(10)
with a never ending supply...all free--
GM and many others saw my web page
So..I killed the EV as we see it now ..but tomorrow is a new day..a better one maybe.

Posted by: jack marchand | June 14, 2006 7:49 PM

My Web Page;

--Who killed the "electric car"?

..I did.!

Well, only as we know them now.

distributed at the UN Plaza, Wall Street,
near Times Square, etc., It contained many
new features for future transportation that
are now being copied by many. The battery
would take only a minute to replace. Later
an entirely new thinking. A global solar
energy system is also in the web page(10)
with a never ending supply...all free--
GM and many others saw my web page

email--jackmarchant@yahoo.com

Posted by: jack marchand | June 14, 2006 7:54 PM

I know this controversy will go on for some time. Perhaps if i were not a Xango distributor I may have even looked at the opportunity in this fuel-saving business. I would not, however, feel good about selling mothballs (or roughly the equivalent) as a non-toxic fuel additive. I would be a bit upset after I found out that I had sold a very toxic product as non-toxic, and if it could harm the engines, or at minimum, void manufacturer's warranties, by using this product. I would also caution anyone entering a business in which you are encouraged to spend $500+ dollars to get in at a more profitable level. My good friend spent over $500 and now stopped using the pills and won't give them or sell them to anyone because he thinks it may come back to attack his integrity. I much prefer the easy business model of $35 to join Xango, and the juice is good for everyone. No side effects. No engine problems possible. Nothing toxic. www.drinkabottle.com I have people thanking me for helping them with their health. Now that makes me smile. Hope this helps. I had discount stores, lots of employees and lots of store rent for 22 years, and now this juice business is all I do. No paperwork, no hassles, nobody wants to steal from me. I'd love to show you how you can get residual income without fear of any of the problems found in the BioPerformance business. I feel bad for the people who had their dreams busted by this company, and I hope they can regain and pick up and move on. Actually for the industry's sake I hope they can figure out their legal affairs and continue in business. The network marketing business rocks, and these people deserve a break. If I can help, just let me know. Thanks for reading.

Posted by: Kevin Blesh | June 15, 2006 5:19 AM

I live in Texas and I don't know about the rest of you, but we've had MBTA in our fuel until recently - an additive mandated by the government - an amazingly toxic chemical!!

The Texas AG isn't worried about toxicity - he's worried about keeping oil companies funding in political future.

My experience with this "wonder powder" is as extrodinary as everyone else's. I won't believe the chemists they pay for expert testimony based on their lab exams. I'll only believe real testing in real cars. And, they need to try it in an older model gas guzzler - that's where I got the real results!

Posted by: Brenda in TX | June 15, 2006 4:39 PM

Well, I knew this product didn't work. So my wife got enough for free for us to use as a test in our 1991 Toyota Celica, with 202,000 miles on it.
OK, our basline was 29.2 MPG over several weeks of the same route.
Next we followed the directions for BP and at the end of the month we are now averaging 41.5 MPG. How can this be? This product doesn't work, does it? Check the math again, gotta be an error there somewhere. Nope, the darn stuff works and there is no two ways about it. If you have not tested it in the real world, keep your opinion to yourself. Labs can produce any result you want, if you pay them enough money. Mr. Abbott in TX is an idiot. Big oil spends a lot of money on him, just look it up, it's public record.
I encourage the Washington Post to pick a car, and find some product and do what no other news orginasation has done before, test it for a month and record the results.

Posted by: DC Miller | June 28, 2006 3:39 PM

Where can I buy this product.

Posted by: Fred | July 3, 2006 11:09 AM