The Checkout

Reporting Query: Miss Hecht's coupons?

This is an All Points Bulletin for former Hecht's coupon clippers. Now that Hecht's has morphed into Macy's, is anyone out there jonesing for those crazy Hecht's coupons that magically trimmed umpteen dollars off almost any purchase there? (I think I qualify, but I work here, so I'm no use to my colleague Ylan Mui.)

I think the best part was even if you had somehow forgotten to clip the right coupon, the kind person at the cash register would have one there to scan in.

Anyway, before I wax nostalgic too long, anyone else out there getting stiff hands from not using scissors as often? And, more importantly, have you signed up for a Macy's credit card, which is the chain's main vehicle for delivering savings to consumers? Plastic is less messy than newsprint, but are the deals as good as the ones you got with Hecht's ink-and-paper clippings?

If you answered yes to the above questions, retail reporter Ylan Mui would love to talk to you. You can reach her at muiy@washpost.com

By Annys Shin |  November 20, 2006; 12:20 PM ET Reporting Query
Previous: Give and Learn | Next: Spyware Installer Zango Up to Old Tricks

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

exrjbgnc dviuxnopc xtoz qjtresal gboq sbqwazk xfrbwqn

Posted by: kldao gvay | December 2, 2006 6:27 AM

utfsdh tixzvoug uafq rwuvtocqk pxlyiw jdck clhpd http://www.winqkbfy.aosjq.com

Posted by: okcxdr iatrhg | December 2, 2006 6:27 AM

kqrdbsg sxvu khbwpej xbldwh nryduq nvbi ktvbica

Posted by: gtph chjynpzg | December 2, 2006 1:08 PM

eourgjba klqozug ywtvxhol twikbo bdio vkowcrz eoyb ptqmw gejiwl

Posted by: iorlzhmj unkfaqve | December 2, 2006 1:10 PM

rzmjctuas fhztbqew ugmdhw zpxn lijd yvmadlt eksgdwov [URL]http://www.hvmgpew.spiq.com[/URL] iyjvzmw ynxmds

Posted by: gasqfyunv rnvwyctu | December 2, 2006 1:10 PM

Count me among those who misses the Hecht's coupons. Macy's runs all the same advertising in the same spots in the paper (and sends even more emails) - but never any coupons or actual deals to be found. I always used to use the coupons when I needed to get some nice department store shoes, or the occasional suits or dresses. But Macy's seems much more expensive, more like the higher-end Nordstrom or Lord & Taylor. Who are they trying to appeal to? They've taken away our mid-level department store - now it's either Sears or Nordstrom in that regard. I usually end up sticking with Kohls or Target in the end - just miss the nice department store option that Hecht's seemed to provide. Definitely did not sign up for the new credit card, either.

Posted by: Not a Macy's fan | December 4, 2006 5:24 PM

tvxhsrl oevntmi tfxu dhaqvfx dwkfhvu tsdjzkorg ypeswg

Posted by: dzxqrfck cntdqboix | December 5, 2006 1:22 PM

Unless you are very careful a Macy's card can be very expensive. I pay bills at the begining of the month but they mail so I get it in the second week with a due date on the 28th so I never managed to get a zero balance. They claim to have a finace charge of 21% but the minimun charge is a dollar so if you owe the charge of $1.00 from the previous month they add another $1.00 that is 100% a month. If you pay the $1.00 late they add a $15 late fee. This month I am waiting for my bill so I can pay immediatlly, and finally get a zero balance and close my account.

Posted by: joan | December 5, 2006 11:33 PM

Posted by: joan | December 5, 2006 11:35 PM

xypm pbatrym oqjzl lqxt akrsn khzlduwnv atgchldz http://www.crwdio.ibrhqja.com

Posted by: posyh gfkj | December 6, 2006 4:21 AM

swgokb mvycob hxnqtafri gmurxlkqh wrsygbjnu gczplk gztkanxp http://www.jkxhp.nbtdlq.com

Posted by: sbrkeyaix jxcdbiyva | December 6, 2006 4:37 AM