The Checkout

Check It Out

The Checkout is live once again after nearly a year's hiatus!

If you're wondering how any self-respecting consumer blogger could go MIA for most of the Year of Recalls, I've got a good excuse: our daughter.

She decided to arrive a week early as I was sitting in a jury box down at the Moultrie courthouse. (If you ever doubted the District of Columbia's eagerness for jurors, just ask the D.C. Superior Court judge who put a nearly nine-months pregnant woman on a jury for a trial that was supposed to last a week!)

I've been back part time since September and am transitioning back to full-time and that includes returning to blogging.

I'll be posting again later this morning. As always, feel free to opine, correct my grammar, share tips, etc. I, for one, am going to keep it brief. For any returning readers-- are you out there? -- let me know what I've missed. And in the event that I neglect a salient point, there's the comment box below. So fire away!

By Annys Shin |  February 7, 2008; 7:00 AM ET Etc.
Previous: So Long for Now | Next: Nothing Rhymes with Phthalates

Comments

Please email us to report offensive comments.

Welcome back and congratulations (now way past due) on your daughter.

Posted by: Bart | February 7, 2008 8:31 AM

Welcome Back!

Posted by: FfxGal | February 7, 2008 2:31 PM

Welcome back! I've missed this blog, and kept it on my RSS reader in anticipation of its eventual return. Very glad to see it again and congrats on your daughter!

Posted by: peninsulachick | February 7, 2008 2:40 PM

Welcome back!

Posted by: K | February 7, 2008 2:45 PM

Missed you, welcome back and of course, Congratulations 'Mom'!

Posted by: im1dc | February 9, 2008 11:18 AM

Welcome back - we missed you!

Posted by: fiberlicious | February 11, 2008 4:16 PM

In my opinion, the biggest thing that happened while you were gone is the 3 credit bureaus making security freezes available for consumers nationwide. It's a great victory, and the biggest thing to happy for ID theft protection since free credit reports became available in 2005. I blogged about it here:

Posted by: Travis Ford, Missouri Attorney General's Office | April 9, 2008 5:39 PM