1,000 Words: The Winners

Photo by Jim Watson/AFP/Getty Images

Earlier this week, we asked Fixistas to offer their best caption to the photo above.

As expected, there were a fair share of height jokes (California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is not that tall) and any number of Schwarzenegger movie references.

Our winner -- "CV23" -- deftly navigated between film and politics with this offering:

"Mr. Cool meets Dr. Freeze"

Genius.

Among the other highlights:

"Come with me if you want to live."
Posted by: geoffsm

"Aren't you the teacher from Kindergarten Cop?"
Posted by: bakerst1

Charlie Crist (in thought bubble): "Must...get in...this...picture..."
Posted by: jps78

"Urged on by his colleagues, the Governator can't resist demonstrating that he can still bicep curl a good 150 pounds."
Posted by: leh2

Thanks to all and be sure to check out our next "1,000 Words" post next week.

By Chris Cillizza  |  December 6, 2008; 9:00 AM ET
Categories:  1,000 Words
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: NY Senate: Another Kennedy in the Senate?
Next: Dorgan Won't Be Energy Secretary

Comments

Nerd Alert! icebluebeast, while the character's name was Mr. Freeze, his "real name" was Dr. Victor Fries, as he was a cryogenic scientist. While it's technically incorrect, I can see the argument.

Posted by: dilbert719 | December 8, 2008 10:44 AM | Report abuse

I wish I hadn't seen that terrible movie and didn't remember this, but it's definitely Mr. Freeze.

Posted by: Venicemenace | December 7, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I found the winning post to be more obscure than deft. I must be out of the loop in Gotham City.

Posted by: lindaj4 | December 7, 2008 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Wait shouldn't it be Dr. Cool meets Mr. Freeze, because Obama I think could be a Dr. and the character Arnold played was named Mr. Freeze. Or at least Mr. Cool meets Mr. Freeze, because that be the characters named. I feel like the comic store guy.

Posted by: icebluebeast | December 6, 2008 1:39 PM | Report abuse

All Obama All Of The Time.

New: Full and Comprehensive Coverage of the Obama Administration Updated As News Breaks.

Politics, Opinion, Appointments, Inaugural, Foreign/Domestic, Media, Humor, Entertainment, More...

DC-Based National Reporting Team.

www.lipmantimes.com