1,000 Words: The Winners

Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter and President Obama at an appearance this morning. (Gerald Martineau- TWP)

Yesterday we asked Fixistas to offer their best caption for the photo above -- taken early Wednesday morning at the White House featuring President Barack Obama and Sen. Arlen Specter (Pa.), the newest member of the Democratic Party.

Creative captions poured in and we sorted through them to find the best of the best. The winner -- and those deserving of honorable mention -- are below. Thanks to all who participated!

The winner:
"You complete me." -- Posted by: JohnnieVoodoo.

Honorable mentions:
"I can't tell what it is but you look different from the guy's in my old party." -- Posted by: myhojda

"Should I have waited until after Franken was sworn in?" -- Posted by: caribis

By Chris Cillizza  |  April 30, 2009; 11:18 AM ET
Categories:  1,000 Words
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: White House Cheat Sheet: Obama Beloved, Policies Be-Liked
Next: Palin Likely to Be a Part of National Council

Comments

Chris, so do I get a t-shirt? Don't make me have to get the kid from iowa that you roomed with in college after you. I am seeing his little brother tomorrow.

JV

Posted by: JohnnieVoodoo | May 1, 2009 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Arlen (thinking)
??? is this Michael Steele - next to me ???

Posted by: newbeeboy | April 30, 2009 4:06 PM | Report abuse

There was really nothing you could say.

Posted by: newbeeboy | April 30, 2009 3:35 PM | Report abuse

The Republicans can come back if they convenced Norm Colemen to do the right thing and concede which they won't do. It will also show their honestly as to doing the right thing. But that is a dream. Its Discraceful that the Governor of Minnesota Tim Pawlenty has not signed the election certificate for Franken, this goes to show the voters again how SICK the Republicans are. They stripped the Stimulus bill of funding for flue vacinations (now we have an outbreak of swine flue), stole the 2000 election from Gore, destroyed our economy, held up nominees for the OBAMA administration and worst, disinfranchizing the voters of Minnesota, this is the worst politics. As a former Republican it makes me sick to my stomach to see how this party has lost its integrity.

Posted by: mattadamsdietmanager1014 | April 30, 2009 2:42 PM | Report abuse

"just tell me when to pull your finger"....

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld | April 30, 2009 2:08 PM | Report abuse

myhodja's caption shouldn't have an apostrophe in "guys" - it's plural, not possessive.

Posted by: borealis998 | April 30, 2009 11:38 AM | Report abuse