Afternoon Fix: Alaska poll shows Joe Miller slipping to third; Mitt Romney to campaign for John Robitaille in Rhode Island
Make sure to sign up to get "Afternoon Fix" in your e-mail inbox every day by 5 (ish) p.m.!
EARLIER ON THE FIX
Democrat Frank Caprio slipping in Rhode Island gubernatorial race
The bear election
Fast Fix: Does it matter that moderate senators are a dying breed?
Fix Daily Poll: Who will be the "drama king/queen" of the Class of 2010?
Is Lisa Murkowski going to make history?
FIRST ON THE FIX
* Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R) will campaign for Rhode Island gubernatorial nominee John Robitaille (R) on Monday. Romney's visit comes on the heels of former President Bill Clinton's visit Sunday for Treasurer Frank Caprio (D); it also falls on the same day that New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg (I) is slated to campaign on behalf of former GOP Sen. Lincoln Chafee (I).
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
* A Hays Research Group poll shows attorney Joe Miller (R) falling to third place in the three-way Alaska Senate race against Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R) and Sitka Mayor Scott McAdams (D). The survey showed "write in candidate" taking 34 percent, McAdams garnering 29 percent and Miller trailing with 23 percent.
* A new Mason-Dixon poll shows state Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink (D) taking 46 percent to businessman Rick Scott's (R) 43 percent in the Florida gubernatorial race.
* A new CT Capitol Report poll shows state Attorney General Richard Blumenthal (D) leading former World Wrestling Entertainment CEO Linda McMahon (R) 52 percent to 44 percent, a narrower lead than Blumenthal enjoyed in a Quinnipiac poll earlier this week.
* North Carolina Secretary of State Elaine Marshall (D) launched her closing TV ad of her bid against Sen. Richard Burr (R), detailing her differences with Burr.
WHAT YOU SHOULDN'T MISS
* Tonight's must-watch debate: Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) and Rep. Charlie Melancon (D) face off in their final Louisiana Senate debate. The last debate was civil - that's most likely not going to be the case tonight. Other showdowns to watch include the New Hampshire Senate debate, and the Maine and Oklahoma gubernatorial debates. The Fix's 2010 Debate Guide has it all.
* Vice President Biden and Vicki Kennedy will campaign for Massachusetts' 10th District nominee Bill Keating (D) Saturday morning in Quincy. Worth noting: Kennedy recently moved back to Massachusetts and has been touted by some Democrats as a possible challenger to Sen. Scott Brown (R) in 2012.
* Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's (R) event for Miller takes place in Anchorage tonight. Will the event help Miller turn around his fortunes in the race?
* National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman John Cornyn and Democratic Senatorial Committee Chairman Bob Menendez face off this Sunday on ABC's "This Week."
* Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) will campaign for Delaware Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell (R) on Friday.
THE FIX MIX
Ale Force One.
With Felicia Sonmez and Aaron Blake
| October 28, 2010; 5:34 PM ET
Categories: Afternoon Fix
Save & Share: Previous: Democrat Frank Caprio slipping in Rhode Island gubernatorial race
Next: RGA drops $6.5 million in quartet of governors races