Afternoon Fix: Chicago Mayor Daley won't seek reelection, all eyes on Rahm
Make sure to sign up to get "Afternoon Fix" in your e-mail inbox every day by 5 (ish) p.m.!
EARLIER ON THE FIXThe top eight redistricting battles of 2010
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
* House Democrats have released a slew of new internal polls - their first in many top races. The polls show their candidates in better shape than other recent polls, but many incumbents remain below 50 percent.
* The GOP responds by releasing its own internals showing Rep. Suzanne Kosmas (D-Fla.) down 12 and Rep. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) in a statistical tie. It is also buying ad time against four more Democratic incumbents - Reps. Patrick Murphy (Pa.), Ann Kirkpatrick (Ariz.), Harry Mitchell (Ariz.) and Kurt Schrader (Ore.).
* A turnout expert at American University finds that Republican primary turnout has exceeded Democratic turnout for the first time since 1930, and Democratic turnout is at an all-time low.
* Rep. Mike Castle's (R-Del.) new ad goes after Senate primary opponent Christine O'Donnell - hard.
WHAT YOU SHOULDN'T MISS
* Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D) will debate Republican Charlie Baker and independent Tim Cahill at 7 p.m. tonight on WBZ-TV and WBZ-AM, as a new poll shows him leading at 34 percent, with Baker at 28 and Cahill at 18.
* Recently departed Office of Management and Budget director Peter Orszag today wrote a New York Times op-ed in favor of extending the Bush tax cuts for two years and then ending them. That isn't what President Obama is proposing. How do Democrats handle it?
* Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R) will be in eastern Iowa on Oct. 26.
* Former New York Gov. George Pataki's (R) 501(c)(4), Revere America, will hold a press conference Wednesday morning to announce new ads running against members who supported the health care bill.
* Does New Hampshire GOP Senate frontrunner Kelly Ayotte (R) use Sarah Palin's endorsement in the closing days of her Sept. 14 primary, ala Joe Miller, Karen Handel and Nikki Haley? Does she need to?
THE FIX MIX
Just wait for the Rahm impression (6 minutes in)
With Felicia Sonmez and Aaron Blake
| September 7, 2010; 5:30 PM ET
Categories: Afternoon Fix
Save & Share: Previous: Harry Reid: "I had nothing to do with" bad economy
Next: Alexi Giannoulias goes up with Obama ad in Illinois