Afternoon Fix: Club for Growth launches five-state ad blitz; Florida Senate moves to "Lean Republican"
Make sure to sign up to get "Afternoon Fix" in your e-mail inbox every day by 5 (ish) p.m.!
EARLIER ON THE FIX
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
* The Club for Growth is launching a five-state, $1.5 million TV ad buy on behalf of Republican candidates in the Pennsylvania, Florida, Wisconsin, Colorado and Nevada Senate races.
* Delaware Republican Party Chairman Tom Ross issued a statement calling on the state party to "unite over our shared principles" -- and making no mention of Republican Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell.
* Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) released her second TV ad of the general election, a 30-second spot that takes aim at Republican Carly Fiorina's tenure as CEO of Hewlett Packard.
* Former state Sen. Dino Rossi (R) is up with a new TV ad accusing Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.) of having an "18-year record of taxing, spending and growing government that's indefensible."
* Weld County District Attorney Ken Buck (R) is up with his first TV ad of the general election against Sen. Michael Bennet (D), stating that "What's unfair to Colorado is Bennet's record of overspending, over regulating and over-taxing."
WHAT YOU SHOULDN'T MISS
* Congrats to "shrink2," the winner of The Fix's primary prediction contest! If you are "shrink2," send an email email@example.com with your mailing address and preferred shirt size and we will ship an official Fix T-Shirt your way.
* Newly-obtained documents reveal that Rep. Lincoln Davis' (D-Tenn.) Republican challenger, Scott DesJarlais, was accused of harassing, intimidating and abusing his ex-wife. Will the revelations be a game-changer in the 4th district race?
* Former Nevada Assemblywoman Sharron Angle (R), who is challenging Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, is slated to attend a fundraiser at the National Republican Senatorial Committee tonight.
* President Obama headlines a Democratic National Committee fundraiser and a fundraiser on behalf of Connecticut Senate Democratic nominee Dick Blumenthal tonight -- just as the Cook Political Report has shifted Blumenthal's race against former World Wrestling Entertainment CEO Linda McMahon (R) from "Lean Democratic" to "Toss Up."
* Vice President Biden will campaign for Delaware Senate nominee Chris Coons (D) at an event in the state next week, according to a Biden aide. Meanwhile, O'Donnell has been added to the list of speakers at the Family Research Council's Values Voter Summit tomorrow in DC.
THE FIX MIX
The Axe effect.
With Felicia Sonmez and Aaron Blake