Afternoon Fix: RGA up with new ads in Hawaii; Bill Clinton to Arkansas for Lincoln
Make sure to sign up to get "Afternoon Fix" in your e-mail inbox every day by 5 (ish) p.m.!
EARLIER ON THE FIX
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
* Connecticut Attorney General Dick Blumenthal (D) is up with a new TV ad in his Senate race promising to hold big oil companies accountable in Washington.
* The AFL-CIO is launching a voter mobilization effort over Labor Day
weekend including a $500,000 TV and radio ad buy.
* Rep. Dina Titus (D-Nev.) is up with a new TV ad charging that former
state Sen. Joe Heck (R) is "not on our side" when it comes to creating
* A new MPR News-Humphrey Institute poll shows that 54 percent of likely Minnesota voters oppose Gov. Tim Pawlenty's (R) out-of-state campaigning.
* The Republican Governors Association is going up with its third TV and radio ad on behalf of Hawaii Lt. Gov. Duke Aiona.
WHAT YOU SHOULDN'T MISS
* Miss today's Live Fix Chat? Relive the magic here.
And tune in every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 11 a.m. for Fix Chat goodness, now three times a week.
* Sen. Barbara Boxer (D) and former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina (R) face off in a Senate debate tonight at 10 p.m. Eastern.
* Bill Clinton visits Little Rock on September 8 to celebrate Sen. Blanche Lincoln's (D-Ark.) one-year anniversary as Senate Agriculture Committee chairwoman.
* Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich will visit Iowa on Sep. 9 to speak at a Team Iowa PAC luncheon in Ames.
* The National Republican Senatorial Committee's planning to spend $2.5 million on behalf of former state House Speaker Marco Rubio's (R) Florida Senate bid. Will Democrats' campaign committee feel the pressure to put similar resources behind Rep. Kendrick Meek (D)?
THE FIX MIX
The world's happiest signer
With Felicia Sonmez and Aaron Blake