Afternoon Fix: Voters are voting!; John Cornyn floats idea of targeting Joe Lieberman for party switch; Harry Reid says he's "comfortable" about his chances of winning
Make sure to sign up to get "Afternoon Fix" in your e-mail inbox every day by 5 (ish) p.m.!
EARLIER ON THE FIX
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
* In an appearance on Fox News Channel, National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee Chairman John Cornyn floated the idea of targeting Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) for a party switch, saying that the GOP "would certainly welcome him or any other Democrat who wants to switch sides of the aisle and caucus with us."
* House Minority Leader John Boehner said today that the Republican Party has "a real opportunity to win the majority" and added, "hopefully my colleagues will elect me Speaker."
* Asked how he feels about his chances of winning against former Nevada Assemblywoman Sharron Angle (R) today, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid responded, "We feel comfortable with where we are."
WHAT YOU SHOULDN'T MISS
* The Fix posse goes live at 5 p.m. Eastern to bring you the latest on all tonight's races. Join in on our live-blog, and don't forget to submit your best prognostications no later than 7 p.m. for a chance to win our 2010 Prediction Contest!
* Exit polls are being conducted tonight in 26 states. Here's the full rundown.
* President Obama holds an East Room press conference at 1 p.m. tomorrow. If history is any guide, he'll seize the opportunity to make some big pronouncements about the direction he'll take going forward.
THE FIX MIX
The final countdown.
With Felicia Sonmez and Aaron Blake
| November 2, 2010; 4:54 PM ET
Categories: Afternoon Fix
Save & Share: Previous: "Fast Fix": Burning 2010 Election Questions Answered!
Next: The Fix 2010 Election Live Blog!