The Washington Post Political Blog Network is here!

A few years back, we started to build an internal list of political blogs based in the states that always gave us fresh and smart news and analysis about the goings-on across the country.

We took our love of state-based political blogs public -- asking Fixistas for their recommendations about the best of the best in the states. And, boy did you respond!

Those recommendations formed the foundation of the Washington Post Political Blog Network, which launched today. Bookmark it!

We've started with 10 of the true stand-outs and hope to broaden out the blog network to a bunch more states as we go.

On a daily basis, we'll highlight some of the best blog posts from our network in the space below. Like a particular blog and want to read it in its entirety? No problem -- all of the blogs (and their content) is displayed on the right rail of the Blog Network page. Want to nominate a blog for inclusion in the network? There's a button for that!

The blog network is a work in progress so please be sure to tell us what you like -- and what you don't.

A final note: The content is hosted on the Post site but is entirely the creation of individual blogs and, as such, the Post is not responsible for any partisanship or bias present in the posts.

By Chris Cillizza  |  May 13, 2010; 11:21 AM ET
Categories:  Blog Network
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Immigration as an emerging electoral issue?
Next: What happened to Arlen Specter?

Comments

azstormy: I have to say you build a good argument, I haven't read the law so I cannot intelligently comment on its ramifications regarding racial profiling. I do know this though, corporations like cheap labor and without any of these illegals the costs for many of our goods would increase, also, many of them pay into SS but never collect it. I don't like the fact that I've seen more than one construction company hire Latinos exclusively, it used to be that there were all kinds of guys who went to trade school, became journeyman carpenters (and they really were skilled) and made a living and raised children. Those guys have been pushed out by in many cases, unskilled, undocumented workers who can pound a nail and cut with a saw but that is about it. It allows these construction companies to under-bid projects then make up the money in change orders.

Posted by: JRM2 | May 13, 2010 5:32 PM | Report abuse

Off-topic: Contrary to recent statements, N.Y. has an increase in Homeland Security funds

Posted by: JRM2 | May 13, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

I like the new addition from CC and his elves. I especially like the 'Blue Mass Group' name.

Posted by: AndyR3 | May 13, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Do you have LaRaza's blog listed

They are half in this country, half out

So you might want to list it twice.

Posted by: 37thand0street | May 13, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

I am proud that Arizona has passed the immigration law. As, it is very much like the Federal Law, the Feds after looked the other way, while the border states are over run with illegals.
What we are seeing in California and several other states, as illegals or supposedly legals...waving the Mexican Flag. If I went to Mexico and did the same as an illegal in their country, they would jail me.
We have people who want to come to this country legally, who are on waiting lists. Why should we allow illegals to stay in this country. They have violated our laws on immigration!
It is like allowing a thief in your house and can't get them out!
No ammesty for anyone who came here illegally...I do not care where you originated from. You do not belong in this country illegally.
If, we were able to have the same type of open border with Mexico, that we have with Canada and it was workable. I would be all for that.......but to come to this country illegally and live off of the resources of the taxpayers.....I am totally against.
There is no racism in this......if you are here legally, you would have papers your to show if you were ever questioned. If, I was pulled over by the police, I would have to show proof of my I.D. with a drivers license and anything else the police officer requested of me.
How is that for racism?
These people who are out protesting against the Arizona Law...either have families that have been here illegally and enjoying the fruits of others labors. We do not need to educate, house, feed or give medical care to any illegal that entered this country. We also, need to change our Immigration Laws, that if you come to this country illegally and you are pregnat..and have a child in this country, that baby is not a U.S. Citizen...that baby is a citizen of the country you left.

Posted by: azstormy | May 13, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse