A Debate of Historic Import

And now, live from The Fix basement....

CNN moderator Wolf Blitzer plays up the historical import of the night, makes the obligatory press pool acknowledgment and introduces the candidates -- Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama. Blitzer says the only rule is there are no rules. This will be a free-wheeling evening.

By Chris Cillizza  |  January 31, 2008; 8:05 PM ET
Categories:  Eye on 2008
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Away We Go!
Next: Hillary Gets in on The Edwards Action

Comments

why is 'the fix' in the basement? is that like the doghouse? is wife tired of hearing about politics?

Posted by: drindl | January 31, 2008 8:38 PM | Report abuse

The Iraq war was talked about by Barack and Wolf didn't give Hillary a chance to respond. This could be the critical point depending on if Hillary gives the response I am hoping for.

Posted by: lylepink | January 31, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

mark_in_austin, there IS no advanatege of a voluntary system on health care, except to employers who use the voluntary status to talk people out of it. Trust me on this, I have seen way too many good people fooled deliberately or otherwise by employers and political hacks into missing out in voluntary schemes of any sort.

If this is Obama's answer to healthcare he is behind already in my book.

Posted by: anthonyrimell | January 31, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

like i said mark, my most favorist food..

Posted by: drindl | January 31, 2008 8:28 PM | Report abuse

BHO is on his game explaining the advantage of a voluntary health care system over a mandatory one.

Good Mex food, btw.