Top 10 Reasons The Fix Loves New Hampshire
MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Maybe it's nostalgia as The Fix sits in Manchester airport this morning, ready to jet back to D.C. in advance of tomorrow primary, or maybe it's The Fix's New England roots but we're feeling a warm spot in our heart these days for the old Granite State.
Without further ado, our top 10 reasons to love the state.
10. "Patience" by Guns 'n' Roses played twice in the space of 30 minutes on two different radio stations.
9. There are 11 direct flight between Manchester and Baltimore today. Thank you Southwest!
8. The Caucus -- now Primary -- Beard fits right in.
7. On two consecutive days, thousands of people packed into Nashua North High School to see Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) and then Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) speak.
6. Everything is under an hour's drive from everything else.
5. The Peddler's Daughter, a bar/restaurant in in Nashua, not only has free wifi but they gladly switched on last night's Republican debate on Fox News Channel.
4. Drive down one block Elm Street in Manchester and you see a group of Ron Paul supporters egging you on to beat your horn for support; drive down the next and supporters of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani are doing the same.
3. "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison -- The Fix's favorite power ballad of the 1980s -- played TWICE in a drive from Nashua to Manchester last night.
2. The Fix car was blocked in by the Rep. Dennis Kucinich's (D-Ohio) campaign bus this morning
1. Dunkin' Donuts
The comments to this entry are closed.