Video: PrezVid Talks With Joe Trippi

Joe Trippi, the campaign consultant who helped make Howard Dean the surprising early frontrunner for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination, has joined John Edwards's campaign operation.

Trippi is widely seen as one of the most Web-savvy consultants in Democratic politics. PrezVid's Jeff Jarvis interviewed him this week. Watch the interview below:

Jarvis interviewed Trippi at the Radio Television News Directors Association/National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas.

By washingtonpost.com Editors  |  April 20, 2007; 8:00 AM ET
Categories:  Eye on 2008
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Wag the Blog: Readers' Thoughts on Abortion Ruling
Next: The Line: Settling the '08 Field's Quarterly Accounts

Comments

Trippi`s comments ring very true here in Canada, where I`m the videographer for the federal leader of the opposition, Stéphane Dion. Partially because we have no money, and more so because of my background in verité documentary, we`re already doing the unscripted fly-on-the-wall messaging style that Trippi pushes for. In our focus group testing, the stuff I`ve shot that doesn`t pretend to be polished - thereby letting the viewer get a real feel for the politician - scores better than any of our high priced advertising or attack ads. The ad guys are noticing. I think this is about a supra media literate electorate that wants its intelligence respected, and the youtube sensibilities that have pulled back the curtain on the television wizards of Oz.
Don`t take my word for it. Take a look at the many web videos in the LiberalTV section of:
www.liberal.ca
Mick Gzowski

Posted by: Mick Gzowski | April 23, 2007 9:39 AM | Report abuse

very nice site.. see again later
[url=http://searchall.qupis.com]Vicky[/url]

Posted by: Vicky Shown | April 21, 2007 6:23 PM | Report abuse

very nice site.. see again later
[url=http://searchall.qupis.com]Vicky[/url]

Posted by: sasha Viskey | April 21, 2007 5:30 PM | Report abuse

very nice site.. see again later
[url=http://searchall.qupis.com]Vicky[/url]

Posted by: sasha Viskey | April 21, 2007 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the question. Yeah I'm in CO and it isn't to different from TX. We've elected a lot of democrats lately but these have all been pro-life pro-gun democrats. I think all of the top three democrats will not only have a hard time in CO, but will make it harder for our Senate candidate Mark Udall. I agree with you Richardson could make it a race all of the others would get killed here.

I'm not really sure why but Romney is kinda popular here. I think that will change as people get to know him better. Just like nationally there doesn't seem to be any real republican favorites so far.

Posted by: mountain man | April 21, 2007 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Question for "mountain man" -

From previous posts I assume you are in Colorado.
Were the election next week, do you have a sense as to which candidate is the strongest for each party?
I assume Colorado is "in play."

Texas is not, of course; but Richardson against a weak Republican might stir up some spark of competition.
Past Richardson and Edwards the Dems would be lucky to top 38% in Texas.

McCain is viewed as a fellow southwesterner while I have heard many spit "Giuliani is from New York" and "Romney is from Massachusetts" [in Romney's case, Massachusetts = "the moon"].

So what about Colorado?

Posted by: Mark in Austin | April 21, 2007 12:58 AM | Report abuse

Good pick up for Edwards. It fits his under the radar strategy that he's building his campaign out of.

Posted by: reason | April 21, 2007 12:42 AM | Report abuse

He didn't do any good for Dean don't know why Edwards would want him. After all Edwards beat him the first time.

Posted by: mountain man | April 21, 2007 12:31 AM | Report abuse

US President Tim Kalemkarian, US Senate Tim Kalemkarian, US House Tim Kalemkarian: best major candidate.

Posted by: anonymous | April 20, 2007 4:56 PM | Report abuse

Trippi already in action:

Rhode Island Votes To Move 2008 Primary To Tomorrow
April 18, 2007 | The Onion, Issue 43•16

PROVIDENCE, RI--The Rhode Island legislature has passed a law moving the state's presidential primary to tomorrow, forcing candidates from both parties to hastily revise their schedules and platforms.

"I love Rhode Island, always have--especially the people," said Sen. John Edwards while being briefed on Rhode Island politics aboard a plane bound for Providence. "Just because it's a small state doesn't mean it's not important. Frankly, I've always believed Rhode Island, or the 'Ocean State,' as I prefer to call it, should be much bigger--an issue on which my opponents have remained curiously silent."

Former Gov. Mitt Romney announced his intention to release a 10-point plan addressing the issues that most deeply affect Rhode Islanders, as soon as he and his staff figure out what those issues are.

Posted by: Anonymous | April 20, 2007 11:47 AM | Report abuse