Fix Live at the RNC Election

The Republican National Committee is electing its chairman this morning and The Fix is in the room. Five candidates -- current chair Mike Duncan, former Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, South Carolina party chair Katon Dawson, Michigan party chair Saul Anuzis and former Ohio secretary of State Ken Blackwell -- are on the ballot.

And, unlike most things in politics these days, no one knows who is going to win.

We'll be tweeting from the room to keep Fixistas up to date on the goings-on.

Previous Updates ยป

By Paul Volpe  |  January 30, 2009; 11:38 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: White House Cheat Sheet: Bantering Over Bipartisanship
    Next: The Friday Line: Ten Republicans To Watch

Comments

DCdoozy - What country club do you belong to?

Posted by: leapin | January 30, 2009 4:25 PM | Report abuse

C'mon Boys, get out yer sheets and let's us have ourselves a little parteeeee. Yessireeee, big dooins with the Klan toonite. We gonna git our selfs a red blooded WHITE American to hed us up and then watch out. Sooo many people to hate, we cain't wait.
    C'mon boys, git yer sheets, the RNC's in town.

Posted by: bgreen2224 | January 30, 2009 4:21 PM | Report abuse

To answer your question, I assume this is a hash tag:

#rncchair

Sometimes Chris puts them in. But he is pretty excited so they are not showing up consistently.

As I said, I don't think they relate to the Post website, but rather to Twitter itself.

Posted by: fairfaxvoter | January 30, 2009 4:01 PM | Report abuse

So what is a hash tag?

Posted by: millerjo | January 30, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Reading this on the Post website, I preferred it before you learned about the hash tags, which serve no purpose here and are a little irritating. But they aren't too much of a nuisance. Thanks for doing this. It is fascinating.

Posted by: fairfaxvoter | January 30, 2009 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Funny how "sentiment in the room" went from "Dawson's to lose" to "Steele will win" without missing a beat.

Posted by: mikeinmidland | January 30, 2009 3:41 PM | Report abuse

whoa. Steele versus the guy from the all-white country club. couldn't get any better!

Posted by: DCdoozy | January 30, 2009 3:36 PM | Report abuse

I hope Steele wins for many reason, not the least of which is that if Dawson takes the chair the GOP will sink deeper into the "purely a southern party" caricature.

Posted by: jeffreyhsykes | January 30, 2009 3:18 PM | Report abuse

Drop out Blackwell! Come on Steele! Type faster Cillizza!

Posted by: ProfessorWrightBSU | January 30, 2009 2:45 PM | Report abuse

I'm bummed about Duncan. I liked the direction he'd been leading the GOP... I can't figure out why I'm reloading this page so often. I'm a Dem but this is fascinating...

Posted by: ArlingtonGay | January 30, 2009 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Thank you for doing this Chris. I can't get CSPAN and no other site is updating like you are. Keep up the great work and thank you for having and embracing the technology that lets us see/read the news as it is actually happening.

Posted by: StirringthePot | January 30, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse

"Where have you been on Blago? This is the political issue du jour and you've had nothing on its political implications."

Perhaps there is a Gubernatorial Line for later in the day. Regarding Blago specifically, his evening press conference yesterday afternoon was likely his last. So the political question is how Gov Quinn will impact the next IL Gov's race.

Posted by: bsimon1 | January 30, 2009 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Did I say JOE THE PLUMBER!, so sorry, I meant JOE LIEBERMAN! I nominate JOE LIEBERMAN!

Joe Lieberman paging Joe Lieberman, anybody seen Joe?

Posted by: StoptheSpin | January 30, 2009 2:09 PM | Report abuse

If the RNC continues to behave like it has in Congress, this will be like running for the band conductor on the Titanic.

Posted by: Ethicist | January 30, 2009 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Chris,

Posted by: jadamsfeuer | January 30, 2009 12:46 PM | Report abuse

GO STEELE! We need some new blood to revive our stinking corpse of a party

Posted by: TexasProud1 | January 30, 2009 12:25 PM | Report abuse

I nominate JOE THE PLUMBER!!! paging Joe the Plumber...anyone seen Joe the Plumber?

Posted by: StoptheSpin | January 30, 2009 11:55 AM | Report abuse