Change comes to the comments section!

Regular -- and even not so regular readers -- of the Fix know that we have long struggled with a comments section that has grown unruly.

A few loud voices -- on both sides of the political spectrum -- have aimed to shout down (and spam) the comments section, eliminating the possibility of a civil dialogue.

So, after a brief launch delay, we are happy to announce that as of midnight tonight a new comments section will go into place.

You will notice that your name will be displayed more prominently with your comments. You will be able to respond directly to individual comments by others rather than posting to a single discussion thread.

Comments by regular Fix readers will continue to appear when you post them without pre-screening. We believe this is the best way to ensure that your views, arguments and experiences -- not ours -- drive the conversation. However, we will pre-screen the first comments posted by users of the new system, including those of you who have already registered and commented on the old system.

We will continue to review comments, including those that you report as potentially abusive, and remove those that violate our discussion policy. We will block users who consistently attack others in a personal fashion, whose posts contain hate speech or spam, or who otherwise obstruct the exchange of thoughtful commentary by Post readers.

In a month or so, we will roll out a second phase of our new discussion system -- one that will highlight posts by our top contributors, those whose comments are consistently thoughtful and insightful, or provide relevant information, to the community. Top commenters will be chosen based on the quality and civility of their arguments, not the place on the political spectrum they call home.

The goal of this new discussion experience is to continue to build a community around the Fix based on a common love for politics.

Have thoughts on the changes? You can either offer them in the comments section or email me at chris.cillizza@wpost.com

By Chris Cillizza  |  July 29, 2010; 7:00 PM ET
Categories:  Fix Notes
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Do Democrats need to choose between George W. Bush and the Tea Party?
Next: Sarah Palin chooses her next 'mama grizzly'

Comments

JakeD2:

Yes, I thought of "Cool Hand Luke," but no way could Struther Martin, who played the chain gang boss, even pretend to grovel in that role. He held all the power.

However, perhaps shrink2... Thank you, JakeD2, I didn't look at it like that.

I read the comments and try to get a "read" about the people that comment. You have been very helpful.

Posted by: smearedlipstick | August 3, 2010 3:08 AM | Report abuse

smearedlipstick:

Sounded like "Cool Hand Luke" to me. You remember that chain gang "boss" always wearing sunglasses?

WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE.

Posted by: JakeD2 | August 1, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

There does seem to be a problem with posts vanishing. I've had a few on-topic, not offensive posts disappear. I don't know if this is technical problems or if the editors are removing everything that gets flagged. I had an Al Gore is NOT a sex poodle post yesterday and it is gone today. And I think this is a serious topic -- another example of the Right using the MSM to carry their story for them. But that post is gone now.

Posted by: margaretmeyers | August 1, 2010 8:04 AM | Report abuse

Please boss, anything bad about you I said, I didn't mean it, not in a bad way anyway, please, just one more chance, I can change, you know it was all in fun, please, I love the Republican Rising!, don't just kick me to the curb. I'll try harder, promise.

Posted by: shrink2 | July 29, 2010 7:12 PM |
______________________________

Okay. The new screening system is up and running. I've got the rules down. Now I noticed this was the first post through the new system.

I am quoting the gentleman above for two reasons. First, this post should be repeated because it is really funny.

And ah... the other reason is because I was wondering if this post sounds like role playing Benjy from The Sound and the Fury or ... is it just me? Because I have read more of him and he's not funny...usually.

Kudos to shrink2. He cleared the new Powers That Be with flying colors. I think his levity as the First Post of the New should be commented upon because it is a perfectly great way to begin the new comments section of The Fix.

Thank you for a brilliant opening.

Posted by: smearedlipstick | August 1, 2010 1:39 AM | Report abuse

FairlingtonBlade wrote,
"Ultimately, the authors of the Fix will be deciding who are the folks who have something interesting to say."

---

Yes, the proverbial echo chamber. I've been there and few can figure out what's going on. Have Drindl, Noacoler, leichtman1, Gallenod, et al, all been banned? What exactly is a "regular Fix reader?" Questions such as those posted by BabeNemo here are definitely NOT being answered. And one thing I HAVE noticed under the new system---posts are being screened for political content and some are being removed that contain no vulgarity or personal attacks. I don't know if a reply there is even visible to anyone but the person who posts it.

Posted by: Brigade | July 31, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

I'll comment on the liking. Self liking should be like self, um, pleasing. Kept in private. One variation on this comes from a contributor with more than one nom de plume.

Organized liking might be difficult to detect, but also to be avoided. Ultimately, the authors of the Fix will be deciding who are the folks who have something interesting to say. I hope to hear from some new voices or those who have faded to black.

BB

Posted by: FairlingtonBlade | July 30, 2010 8:20 PM | Report abuse

....."In a month or so, we will roll out a second phase of our new discussion system -- one that will highlight posts by our top contributors, those whose comments are consistently thoughtful and insightful, or provide relevant information, to the community....."

I hope you count comedy. Gotta have it sometimes.

It seems as though, in the Palin column, that the folks are thinking "the more LIKES I get", the "more of a top contributor" it will make me.

I do not believe that LIKING an entry would/should designate a top contributor.

Posted by: TheBabeNemo | July 30, 2010 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Okay.

Posted by: deadmanwalking | July 30, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

Okay, I went to the new format in Chris' other column about Saviour Saint Sarah.
I like it. A bit confusing at first.
I like how we can REPLY right then and there.

A couple of my comments say "Awaiting moderator review" or something like that.
It is because my entries were "technical" in nature--however, they were still POSTED.

I have switched back to this column for my techie questions.

This goes into affect tonight???
What about headline stories. Are we going to have the REPLIES format-- according to what the Fix has???
I wouldn't mind that. I was getting sick of "he wrote, she wrote, he wrote, she wrote.

Posted by: TheBabeNemo | July 30, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

The new comments section looks interesting. I like the threading aspects of it and it seems to have eliminated the cruder aspects of the previous comments format. It may be vulnerable to spamming--Zouk put up a half dozen comments in about 15 minutes. As long as folks keep an eye out for that and try to keep the comments remotely close to on topic, I'm satisfied.

Unfortunately, none of the morning Fix topics held that much interest for me. Don't care about the endorsement wars amongst Palin/T-Paw/Demint/Romney or about gubernatorial primaries. So, no real comments.

Incidentally, my travel orders got screwed up recently. I guess I should blame Obama.

BB

Posted by: FairlingtonBlade | July 30, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Chris or anyone....

is this why I am constantly LOADING comments and can't get in???

And today, there's no VIEW ALL prompt on some of the headline stories.

The format for FIX, 44, and FED EYE all have a good comment section.

I submitted a ticket that said "WaPo was having trouble with their comment sections"..

The constant "not getting in to comments" and then LOADING forever is really crampin' my style
Daddy, HELP !!

Posted by: TheBabeNemo | July 30, 2010 1:50 PM | Report abuse

I don't think there is ever any good solution to a comments section. Mostly, people who want a good discussion simply have to ignore the unruliness themselves. Responding to the trolls only encourages them.

Hopefully this works better, but I suspect that it will simply create a lot of extra work for someone.

Why not have a reader-moderated comments section? Give registered users the option of flagging spam and inappropriate comments. Then you only have to look at flagged comments, and after too long you'll be able to tell pretty accurately which readers raise legitimate flags and which are flagging comments merely as a part of their trolling.

Posted by: blert | July 30, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Gallenrod:

Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch for you.

Posted by: JakeD2 | July 30, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

I still can't get in, and I never had any truck with turning the national cellular phone system into a directed energy weapon system.

Passive radiation cellular-based tracking systems, maybe, but microwaves would only be effective as a weapon at very close range and with intense focus. You just can't get that from cell phone towers.

Well, I guess if the new Comments section working for most of the rest of you and not for me maybe I'll go hang out in the Plum Line. I'll still read The Fix, but I'll miss the debates on the mechanics of politics.

Posted by: Gallenod | July 30, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Oh well, at least there won't be "directed energy microwave weapons" anymore.

Posted by: JakeD2 | July 30, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

@d: the only change is 37 is gone.

Jake and Zouk are back. The first thread makes it a point to push the usual Fix themes such as Palin and Pawlenty endorsements (which are reported as "news").

Comments and commentators challenging the editorial content of the blog, both the information and bias, may be "moderated" away under this new system. In that connection, it appears noa may be gone.

Oh well.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 30, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

I don't see how anything whatsoever has changed.

Posted by: drindl | July 30, 2010 10:59 AM | Report abuse

Might as well, Jake. Zouk, er, I mean "moonbat" is already back in the new "moderated" thread. What's keeping Dianne72 and Aspergirl?

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 30, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

This is an experiment...lately comments have hung forever and don't seem to post at all.

Posted by: CincinnatiRIck | July 30, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

I like the new format (and can access the comments on latest Palin thread just fine; how refreshing we won't have to put up with vicious personal attacks against her children anymore). Think I'll stay awhile.

Posted by: JakeD2 | July 30, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

The new Comments section doesn't seem to be working for me. My experience at present is much like Scrivener's: An unreponsive "Weigh In" link and a working link to the disucussion policy.

I doubt it's any kind of government censorship conspiracy, though. It's more likely a network firewall rule or centrally enforced browser security setting not allowing execution of whatever script activates the new Comments section.

(Because I didn't tell anyone to target Scrivener and I certainly wouldn't have told anyone to target me.) ;)

Posted by: Gallenod | July 30, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Thank You Chris!! Comments section was starting to feel like the forums on the White House facebook page. All of 5 people dominate the conversation.

Posted by: LucWhaley | July 30, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Chris: Addendum to my earlier post, below:

The "Weigh in" link is DEAD over my connection, and I am being blocked from even READING posted comments. Your immediate attention is requested. It appears that once again, "targeted" readers of your blog are being CENSORED.

I re-post here my earlier report on this apparent abuse of power by a rogue U.S. intel surveillance-censorship regime:

Chris: It is Friday a.m., about 9:20. Over my connection, NONE of the comments from today's blog are visible -- only a link that says "Weigh in" and another that says "discussion policy."

Is that the way you've formatted it -- that NO COMMENTS are visible unless a reader signs in AGAIN? (I'm already signed into the WaPo site.)

Or is U.S. intel using your new policy as a pretext to insert a "spoofed" or faked "Fix" into my data stream?

Please respond ASAP. It seems odd that WaPo or you would choose to hide already posted comments by other readers....

Posted by: scrivener50 | July 30, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

I used to enjoy participating in the group dialogue before the decline in civility and signal to noise ratio. If the new system functions well, I could put the Fix back in my rotation. Good luck!

Posted by: optimyst | July 30, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Please respond ASAP. It seems odd that WaPo or you would choose to hide alredy posted comments by other readers....

Posted by: scrivener50 | July 30, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: scrivener50 | July 30, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

We probably need softer tongues and thicker skins..

Posted by: newbeeboy | July 30, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Hey, Washington Post, thanks for the fix! We needed some guidelines to follow; those who abused the system in the past will continue to try to do so--but you'll be able to filter them out and block their access in the future. Good work!

Posted by: bwshook1 | July 30, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

US INTEL USES BLOG MODERATION AS A PRETEXT TO CENSOR

"The best laid plans..."

Here is the problem: a throughly unconstitutional and corrupt U.S. intelligence protocol uses moderation of media "comments" sections as a pretext to withhold and censor in real-time submitted internet content from "targeted" individuals -- and these days, that could be anyone who dares to express an "opposing view" or is tagged as a "dissident" or "undesirable" by some autocrat or an "information systems" defense contractor sitting in a cubicle in Bethesda, MD or Bucks County, PA. The documented evidence:

Posted by: scrivener50 | July 30, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

Good work, Chris.

There are several who got out of their way to attack anyone who they disagree with.

Posted by: mwhoke | July 30, 2010 8:51 AM | Report abuse

You haved lived if you haven't been banned by Chris...........

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 30, 2010 8:40 AM | Report abuse

Chris,

Look forward to future postings from your readers offering good comments and insightful observations...the kinds of contributions that are worth reading and advance the discussion.

Which, so far, most of these don't.

Posted by: kurtolandefeld | July 30, 2010 8:05 AM | Report abuse

I look forward to the new and improved "Fix".

Posted by: mark_in_austin | July 30, 2010 6:24 AM
-----

Look forward no more. This is it!

Posted by: Brigade | July 30, 2010 6:31 AM | Report abuse

American Eagles for example, $285 in gold, sold for $813. Gold would have to go from ~$1200 to 3200 just to break even. But then, look who listens to Beck. Stupid teabaggers.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 30, 2010 3:59 AM
----

Leaves me out. How do you know what he said?

Posted by: Brigade | July 30, 2010 6:29 AM | Report abuse

I look forward to the new and improved "Fix".

Posted by: mark_in_austin | July 30, 2010 6:24 AM | Report abuse

Glen Beck's favorite pitch, GoldLine coins, a massive ripoff scheme.

American Eagles for example, $285 in gold, sold for $813.  Gold would have to go from ~$1200 to 3200 just to break even.  But then, look who listens to Beck.  Stupid teabaggers.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 30, 2010 3:59 AM | Report abuse

Outsourced software.

Looked nice. Moderation was so rapid I wonder if there is actually a person involved. Curious to see if it's smart enough to block coded attacks, or if there is actually a will to do so. I'd be surprised.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 30, 2010 2:47 AM | Report abuse

What happened? It reverted.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 30, 2010 2:33 AM | Report abuse

How about limiting the daily post count to 5? If you force people to cool off, then they can do some research and come back with something thoughtful the next day.

Posted by: ChasActuary | July 29, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Aspbergers becomes a disease of loneliness. Anosognosia, the inability to be aware of the fact of its existence, is a part of the autism spectrum.

They are not in denial, which implies a choice, they literally are incapable of understanding, stepping out in order to observe, to learn what the rest of the social group sees as, well, undeniable.

I am only bringing this up because of the current controversy about the inclusion of this billing code in the generation of the psychiatric billing machine's next iteration.

Posted by: shrink2 | July 29, 2010 11:50 PM | Report abuse

Shrink

Yea, ddawd may be showing some humor now - but he has constantly harassed other posters on this board over the past two years.

He makes baseless and false charges of racism on a regular basis.

And he has demanded that other posters be silenced - so his pathetic views can dominate on the board.

UnAmerican - that is what shutting down Freedom of Speech is.

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 11:37 PM | Report abuse

I don't know what proposal you are talking about or what grant

But that is just about the problem.

Everytime Obama feels he is dipping in the polls - or his campaign needed a little boost - the nation got a TRUMPED UP RACIAL CONTROVERSY

Obama mischaracterized remarks by Bill Clinton in South Carolina

Obama slammed Gerry Ferraro later that spring by twisting her remarks.

Then in the summer Obama said "they haven't said anything racist yet, but they will."

Then we have the False Charges of Racism after the health care debate -

And now, to kick off the Fall campaign, we have the NAACP smear campaign against the Tea Party

Yea - you might think you have gotten away with it - and Obama might think he has gotten away with it.

But racial progress is HALTING - you aren't doing anything for racial progress.

And racial progress with probably be halted for 40 years.

And you have only yourself - and Obama - and people like you to blame.

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 11:34 PM | Report abuse

As we approach midnight on the right coast, I'd just like to say that I oppose the proposed deletion of the Aspergers form of autism from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual's fifth edition.

Clearly there are people with normal IQ and basic functional capacities, who have no idea, no clue how to generate and sustain relationships with others, how to handle the humor, the variations in attention, timing, repartee. They see other people doing it, but they just can't figure it out.

Posted by: shrink2 | July 29, 2010 11:30 PM | Report abuse

That was pretty much it. The proposal:

"GImme sum moneyz or Imma call erebuddy racizt"

And it worked and I STILL THROW AROUND FALSE ACCUSATIONS OF RACISM.

AND I GOT AWAY WITH IT TOO!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Posted by: DDAWD | July 29, 2010 11:23 PM | Report abuse

By the way, Obama called blacks "mongrels" today - so I guess it is OK to call blacks "mongrels" now.

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 11:17 PM | Report abuse

Ddawd

You don't "get it" - you seriously don't.

The money is wasted on you.

The only way to cure racism is to treat everyone equally.

All this crap about cries of racism everytime someone disagrees with Obama is the biggest pile of garbage in American history.

The democrats are setting race relations back - perhaps 40 years.

After the Civil War - there was racial progress - but then that progress was HALTED - and the nation slipped into Jim Crow.

One is wrong if they believe that racial progress will continue to march forward. Racial progress can go backwards and stop altogether - like it did during the Jim Crow era.

The truth is Obama and the democrats have halted racial progress - and caused it to go backwards - all to score some cheap political points.

Colbert King and Eugene Robinson have jumped on the bandwagon too - and instead of doing the right thing - they have made fools of themselves.

That is the truth.

The comments you have made on this board ddawd have been shameful - those are your comments.

The witchhunt to find racists is ridiculous.

You aren't going to get any racial progress by calling anyone a racist.

You may enjoy doing it - but it only hurts all racial progress.

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 11:13 PM | Report abuse

37th, I think you pretty much just summarized my entire grant proposal.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 29, 2010 11:03 PM | Report abuse

Obama was apparently caught in a lie today

He said he didn't know who Snooki was -

But apparently Obama delivered a joke about Snooki at the WH Correspondents' Dinner last spring.

OOOHHH>

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 11:01 PM | Report abuse

DDawd

The point was - you supposedly got all these benefits - because those institutions were thinking they were curing some "historical injustice"

But the truth is, you still come off with your baseless and FALSE charges of racism.

That is a joke.

The reasoning is clear - what is the point of anyone trying to correct any "historical injustice" - if people like you are just going to take the benefits - and still make charges of racism all over the place.

And apparently - after all those benefits - you still harbor a great deal of hostility towards whites.

It is a very good point.

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 10:59 PM | Report abuse

ddawd

no idea what you are talking about.

However, clean up your act - seriously man.

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 10:54 PM | Report abuse

37th, I'm sorry to take away college scholarships and NIH funding from you. Invariably you would have gotten all of those if people weren't trying to buy me off. It's not fair. You are obviously so qualified.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 29, 2010 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Those 2600 comments to Eugene Robinson certainly were not all agreeing with Robinson - and a majority were strongly disagreeing with his characterizations of race relations.

Broadwayjoe - Who is WE ???

And you know perfectly well what "teabagger" means -

If you are using that term as a sexual slur - and you are - you know what exactly what you are doing.

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 10:40 PM | Report abuse

Eugene Robinson - and Colbert King - both wrote opinion articles - which were filled with baseless sterotypes.

It is correct that hundreds - thousands of comments expressed OUTRAGE at the way in which whites were FALSELY portrayed by these two black columnists.

Sorry - but there was little agreement among the people who commented - and the large majority took issue with the authors.

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 10:37 PM | Report abuse

"BTW, Eugene Robinson's recent Post column about racist elements within the Tea Party movement drew 2600 comments."

----

And 2450 of them were by Broadwayjoe.

Posted by: Brigade | July 29, 2010 10:29 PM | Report abuse

BTW, Eugene Robinson's recent Post column about racist elements within the Tea Party movement drew 2600 comments. But we fully understand that it's in the public interest to tell Post readers who Mr. Pawlenty is endorsing even if it means getting just 26 comments.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 29, 2010 10:11 PM | Report abuse

Fact: Teabaggers call themselves "teabaggers" and often attend rallies with tea bags hanging from their hats (to each his/her own). We are unaware of any other connotation of the word in the English speaking world.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 29, 2010 9:50 PM

__________________________________

Who is WE ???

AND I will call you a liar - you know perfectly well it is a sexual slur - and you use it as as sexual slur.

A little honesty from the democrats, please.

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 9:56 PM | Report abuse

It's funny how there has been a relative behavior on this board since early last week when Chris said everyone's comments were going to be screened.

All of a sudden, the most vicious remarks and infighting were calmed down.

Broadwayjoe mentioned Sarah Palin and Charlies Royal a few times, but refused to make clear what he was talking about.

Ddawd still sent out some false charges of racism - claiming that he still thought some people were racist - which were baseless charges.

drinl was the most behaved - her daily spamming of the board almost stopped - her mean comments did not.

drinl's old spamming ways are still in the archives.

Noacoler toned down his vicious comments a bit.

Overall - with people afraid to fight each other, the total number of comments dropped off - and the board quieted down.

There was even some room for humor - like Obama and Snooki sitting in a tree....

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 29, 2010 9:50 PM | Report abuse

I hope that all sexual slurs including "teabagger" are eliminated from the new comments section

And I hope that all sterotypes are also eliminated - including calling millions of people RACIST just because of the color of Obama's skin.

Posted by: YouCanPostThis | July 29, 2010 9:43 PM | Report abuse

I agree you don't want to have too many positive comments about the 44th President of the United States in the Fix. Two positive comments about BHO in the last two years sounds about right.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 29, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

I'm feeling such warm feelings about Dino Rossi.
Really!
He's MY Don Draper!

Posted by: margaretmeyers | July 29, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

CC - I hope it works this time.

ChrisF, I saw your reply to me the other night, but not until much later, in which you amplified your assertion that TEA was "racist", using factual examples. I was willing to assume that arguendo, and still am.

The question you asked BB was why a minority [Haley] would run with a TEA ["racist"] endorsement. I suggested that she could have accepted that if she were a "racist" or if she were a desegregating pioneer.

I could add speculation that she is a rank opportunist who will take support wherever she can get it.

Now it is your turn.

Why would Haley, or Scott, run as Rs in SC and accept TEA support? Assume, in your answer, that TEAs are "racists".

Posted by: mark_in_austin | July 29, 2010 9:18 PM | Report abuse

Aww, Shrink, you noticed. Can you tell me how to get a nice yellow border around my posts about dead elephants and jackals so people will think it is a National Geographic Special?

Posted by: ceflynline | July 29, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

Bondosan, I am counting on you for the Schumer endorsement post - all 9 paragraphs.

Posted by: mark_in_austin | July 29, 2010 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Dump ceflynline Chris, he keeps calling this part of the political cycle "silly season" which is a personal attack on all who live and die by hyping fake 24/7 political news, the wonderful (leaves me breathless, I don't know about you) coverage of Dino Rossi and so on.

And the swedish ditch is my dad, (thanks a lot dad!), he'd rather I study and help mommy with the dishes than goof off on the internet.

Posted by: shrink2 | July 29, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

Chris,

I LOVE The Fix, and it was with sadness I resigned myself to the role of 'lurker', but the 'air' was getting too foul here, despite your brilliant articles.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. My spoon is poised and at the ready. Time will tell whether the so-called trolls are vanquished or not.

I am hungry for a mature political discussion--with the obstreperous children firmly consigned to the nursery.

Posted by: sverigegrabb | July 29, 2010 8:08 PM | Report abuse

==

Yes I'm suuuuuure you will, having so consistently done so before. I'm confident that pedophilia posts and suggestions of sexual impotence will be dealt with swiftly and evenly.

Seems to me I saw this column before.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 29, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

I'm eagerly awaiting the Flash slideshow of Mitt Romney's suits and ties.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 29, 2010 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Tim Pawlenty is one of the brightest lights in the U.S. political firmament.
We need more coverage, not less, of this dynamic politician. And can we hear more about "Dan Coats, the anti-Obama," and Mitt Romney's staff directory? Thanks.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 29, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse