Chatting the Day Away

Let's get ready to chat!!! Photo by Yves Herman of Reuters

The Powers-That-Be at the Post have seen fit to reward the Fix with a weekly live online chat beginning tomorrow. We are calling it, creatively, "The Live Fix".

So, from now until eternity -- or somewhere close -- we will answer your questions EVERY Friday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Boxers or Briefs?

Monica or Rachel?

Texas Brisket or North Carolina Pork?

And more!

After the chat, we'll excerpt a few of the best questions -- and our witty and urbane answers -- in a post on the Fix. So, if you miss the live chat (heaven forbid!), you can catch it in this space later tomorrow.

See you on the Internets!

By Chris Cillizza  |  July 30, 2009; 4:40 PM ET
Categories:  Fix Notes
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Pawlenty's Blue-State Appeal
Next: Morning Fix: House Democrats Play Offense on Health Care

Comments

"As you wish," the fire swamp with the Rodents Of Unusual Size ("R.O.U.S.'s? Have a rat roast in DC and wash it down with a cold one. I have rocket fuel. We need to chat, but a little more action beats a lot more talk.

Posted by: Dermitt | July 31, 2009 9:10 AM | Report abuse

wot are we on about now?

bloody 'ell!

Posted by: chrisfox8 | July 31, 2009 1:57 AM | Report abuse

This shall remain forever my favorite Bushism.

"It seemed like to me they based some of their decisions on the word of -- and the allegations -- by people who were held in detention, people who hate America, people that had been trained in some instances to disassemble -- that means not tell the truth."

It just works on so many levels

1) He is thinking of the wrong word
2) This seems to be something he read off a word of the day calendar
3) He is explaining this incorrect word to a room of people who almost certainly know what the real meaning of the real word is

And if you want another

4) Bush is doing the exact thing he is accusing the detainees of doing. Lying, or "disassembling"

Just comic gold.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 31, 2009 1:35 AM | Report abuse

boxers, Rachel (for those of you who don't know the reference, from Friends), and of course, North Carolina Pork from my home state. I recommend Eastern style, but whatever you do, get it sliced and not chopped, they can't hide the fat when it is sliced.

Posted by: jameshauser | July 30, 2009 11:41 PM | Report abuse

A P.S.:

Why did you choose a photo of, I believe, the Norwegian Crown Prince for this entry?

Might it possibly be code to those who sympathise with (scary music drumroll here) SOCIALISED Medicine, as those benighted Scandinavians have embraced, that you are a crypto-socialist????

Posted by: sverigegrabb | July 30, 2009 9:30 PM | Report abuse

'Internets' Love it! How perfectly ironic that the one word 'Ole W' contributed to the English language was 'Internets'!

As for the name of CC's new chat, while I personally would have plumped for 'UltraFix', 'Live Fix' is just fine!

Posted by: sverigegrabb | July 30, 2009 9:21 PM | Report abuse

Finally, now we'll have something to kill time in the hour before lunch.

Government Workers

Posted by: dbw1 | July 30, 2009 7:52 PM | Report abuse

"The Live Fix". That's the name? Really?

I can just picture it. The meeting went well into the night. Hundreds of potential names for the new chat hour were scrawled on dry erase boards around the conference room. Empty boxes of Chinese food littered the table. Frustrations started to mount, tensions started to run high....suddenly, like a beam of light through the cluttered darkness, someone cried "I've GOT IT! Let's call it 'The LIVE Fix"!!!"

That, or Chris made up the name in the 15 seconds it took to walk back to his office after finding out his bad luck....

Posted by: dbw1 | July 30, 2009 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Could you please post the number for the site where the chat will be held?

Thanks,
J. Biden

Posted by: dbw1 | July 30, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse

my only question is why you made Diana Ross your childs' godmother... she predates Aunt Jemimah

Posted by: angriestdogintheworld | July 30, 2009 7:35 PM | Report abuse

"from now until eternity -- or somewhere close..."

Cosmic!

Posted by: JEP07 | July 30, 2009 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JakeD | July 30, 2009 5:33 PM | Report abuse

I believe it's a reference to which "Friend" (or both?) you are attracted to.

Posted by: JakeD | July 30, 2009 5:28 PM | Report abuse

I think he means Rachael Foxx, at least I hope so. The thought of that "other Rachael" in boxer shorts will give me nightmares tonight.

Posted by: mibrooks27 | July 30, 2009 5:24 PM | Report abuse

"DDAWD, consider Crowley and Maddow. Am.Idol? On a political blog.

Posted by: stjames"

hahahaha. Definitely.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 30, 2009 5:23 PM | Report abuse

I thought the big thing from Friends was Ross and Rachael.

I've only seen a few episodes of that show, but I have no idea how it because so big. I found it unwatchable.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 30, 2009 5:22 PM | Report abuse

"Monica and Rachael? From American Idol or something?"

Worse than the Fix's admission this AM to wearing zubas and a starter jacket, he's now referencing that oh-so-90s sitcom, 'Friends'.

This is worse than I thought. If we work together, he still may be able to be rehabilitated.

Posted by: bsimon1 | July 30, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

DDAWD, consider Crowley and Maddow. Am.Idol? On a political blog.

Posted by: stjames | July 30, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

TX brisket.

Posted by: mark_in_austin | July 30, 2009 5:15 PM | Report abuse

Monica and Rachael? From American Idol or something?

Posted by: DDAWD | July 30, 2009 4:58 PM | Report abuse