The Fix Election Prediction Contest!
Yesterday the Post Outlook section ran its annual "Crystal Ball" prediction contest where a handful of political types -- the Fix included -- put their best guess forward about what will happen in tomorrow's election.
First, let's get the official Fix picks out of the way:
* House composition: 232 Republicans, 202 Democrats
* Senate composition: 50 Democrats, 48 Republicans, 2 Independents
* Nevada Senate race: Harry Reid 50.5 percent, Sharron Angle 49.5 percent. (Yes, we realize that we -- dumbly -- failed to calculate the percentages that third party candidates and "none of these candidates".)
* Colorado Senate race: Ken Buck 51 percent, Michael Bennet 49 percent
* California Governor: Jerry Brown 54 percent, Meg Whitman 46 percent
* Maryland Governor: Martin O'Malley 53 percent, Bob Ehrlich 47 percent
* What percentage of the vote will Delaware Senate nominee Christine O'Donnell receive? 39 percent
You can check out the predictions of everyone from Arianna Huffington to John Harris/Jim VandeHei -- aka Politico bosses-in-chief -- here.
Now, it's your turn. In the comments section below, we want to hear Fixistas' predictions on each of the seven questions above. All entries MUST be in the comments section by NO LATER than 7 pm tomorrow -- that's when the first polls close in Kentucky and Indiana. Remember: You MUST make a prediction in each of the seven categories to qualify to win. (Make sure to check out our abbreviated viewer's guide and look for an expanded version tomorrow morning in this space.)
The winner will receive an official Fix t-shirt and will have his/her picks featured in a Fix post soon after the election.
| November 1, 2010; 1:00 PM ET
Categories: Fix Notes
Save & Share: Previous: "Fast Fix": Timing election night
Next: Sarah Palin: Thin-skinned, smartly strategic (or both)?