Fix Picks: Weekend Items

By Ed O'Keefe

While The Fix enjoys his first "off-the-grid" vacation in three years, he's asked yours truly to serve as the first-ever "Fix Fill In," guiding Fixistas through another exciting week in American politics. Your "Fill In" hosts the daily Post Politics Podcast, the weekly Post Politics Program and contributes to The Fix's sibling political blogs Channel '08 and The Trail, among other things. It's an honor to be asked to "blogsit" while he enjoys a well-deserved break.

We promise to feed your "Fix" fix in the coming days with original reporting and analysis, but The Post reported several items this weekend that are worth your time:

• The Post's Anne E. Kornblut scores the first extended interview with former President Bill Clinton since Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton ended her presidential bid. The former president weighs in on his wife's campaign while traveling across Africa to inspect the work of his foundation. He offers little praise of Obama and adds: "Next year, you and I and everybody else will be freer and have more space to say what we believe to be the truth [about the primaries]." Can't wait for that!

• Kornblut also reports on what some consider the secretive nature of Obama campaign headquarters, located in the heart of Chicago. Some compare Obama's set up to the tight-knit and tight-lipped organization of President Bush's 2000 campaign. A companion video, shot by your "Fill In" during a recent trip to Chicago, features a rarely seen look inside Obama Central.

• In his regular Sunday must-read column, David Broder showers praise on Democratic Senate candidates that could take Republican seats this fall: Jeanne Shaheen (N.H.), Mark Warner (Va.), Mark Begich (Alaska) and cousins Tom Udall (N.M.) and Mark Udall (Colo.). "If McCain and Obama are serious about moving beyond partisan gridlock," Broder writes, "these folks might help."

• Perhaps more noteworthy however, Broder gets John McCain to talk about China, Russia and global trade. It's a substantive conversation and important reminder to political journalists that we should spend more time pressing the candidates on issues, and less on the drama.

• Just about everyone in Washington calls themselves a political consultant, but few have run a national presidential campaign. A few veterans weigh in on McCain's "Celeb" ad, including former John Kerry adviser Tad Devine, who calls the ad a harbinger "of what will inevitably be an incredibly nasty campaign." Republican Ed Rollins says Obama being compared to "silly girls" is a good thing, but the ads may diminish McCain's "Straight Talk" brand.

Michael Cavna, author of washingtonpost.com's latest blog hit Comic Riffs interviews three Pulitzer-Prize winning cartoonists as they work to perfect their caricatures of McCain and Obama. The artists generally agree that Obama is "good looking" and "pretty easy" to draw while McCain is an "old" or "middle-aged" "white guy" who is a "a pain in the neck to draw." (Make sure to watch the companion video.)

By Ed O'Keefe  |  August 4, 2008; 6:23 AM ET
Categories:  Fix Picks
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Friday Line: Battleground States
Next: The Fix Does Argentina

Comments

testing...

Posted by: edzone | August 8, 2008 10:20 AM | Report abuse

The major issue of the week has been the McCain people stating clearly that Obama has been playing the RACE CARD during this year's Campaigns - from the South Carolina primary onward to this summer when Obama keeps on attempting to charge that the Republicans are "going to make people afraid of him."

NOT that the Republicans have said or done anything racist yet, HOWEVER OBAMA KEEPS ON SAYING THAT THE REPUBLICANS ARE GOING TO BE RACISTS SOON.

Obama's campaign theme now is: YOU ARE A RACIST UNTIL YOU VOTE FOR OBAMA.

In response we post these Video Clips from all the major news FOX MSNBC CNN netwoks:

CLIPS OF OBAMA PLAYING THE RACE CARD THIS YEAR IN SOUTH CAROLINA: http://tinyurl.com/6gcstl

This is absolutely incredibly AMAZING.

This short Video clip includes THE LATE TIM RUSSERT OF NBC NEWS directly calling out Obama on Obama's Playing of the RACE CARD DURING OBAMA'S CAMPAIGNING IN SOUTH CAROLINA THIS YEAR in the Primary Campaign - in a Divisive and Extremely Shameful and Negative Manner.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 5, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Review: Video clips of Obama playing the RACE CARD during this year's Campaign.

Video Clips from all the major netwoks:

Video clips include Tim Russert directly calling out Obama on Obama's Playing of the RACE CARD in the Campaign in a Divisive and Extremely Shameful and Negative Manner.

Review: Video clips of Obama playing the RACE CARD during this year's Campaign.

Video Clips from all the major netwoks:

Review: Video clips of Obama playing the RACE CARD during this year's Campaign.

Video Clips from all the major netwoks:

Posted by: 37th&OStreet | August 4, 2008 11:59 PM | Report abuse

Review: Video clips of Obama playing the RACE CARD during this year's Campaign.

Video Clips from all the major netwoks:

Posted by: 37th&OStreet | August 4, 2008 11:03 PM | Report abuse

Review: Video clips of Obama playing the RACE CARD during this year's Campaign.

Video Clips from all the major netwoks:

Posted by: 37th&OStreet | August 4, 2008 11:03 PM | Report abuse

37th&OStreet is so happy to keep running John's accusations that Barack has raised the race question. Of course, John hasn't, and wont' asked his supporters to stop such racist actions as the constant emphasis on Baracks middle name, or his childhood in Indonesia, or their racist attacks on Barack's wife, or the rest of their racist behavior. John wouldn't repudiate the Swift Boat group either.

John, to quote St. Thomas Moore: "The maxim of the law IS: Silence give assent."

Posted by: ceflynline@msn.com | August 4, 2008 10:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scrivener | August 4, 2008 8:57 PM | Report abuse

37th&OStreet was way out in front on this issue - and yes - Another round of Victory laps on Communicating This Issue Out to the Electorate:

From July 31st's Washington Post:

By Juliet Eilperin and Jonathan Weisman
Raising a politically-explosive issue for the first time this election, Sen. John McCain's (R-Ariz.) campaign accused Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) this morning of invoking the specter of race in order to bolster his electoral prospects.

The charge came in reaction to comments the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee had made at three separate stops in Missouri Wednesday, where Obama suggested Republicans were trying to scare voters away from him.

"So nobody really thinks that Bush or McCain have a real answer for the challenges we face, so what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me," he told voters in Springfield. "You know, he's not patriotic enough. He's got a funny name. You know, he doesn't look like all those other Presidents on those dollar bills, you know. He's risky. That's essentially the argument they're making."

McCain campaign manager Rick Davis countered this morning with a terse but harsh statement: "Barack Obama has played the race card, and he played it from the bottom of the deck. It's divisive, negative, shameful and wrong."

Posted by: 37th&OStreet | July 31, 2008 9:46 PM

37th&OStreet was way out in front on this issue:

From July 31st's Washington Post:

By Juliet Eilperin and Jonathan Weisman

Posted by: 37th&OStreet | July 31, 2008 9:46 PM

Posted by: 37th&OStreet | August 4, 2008 8:54 PM | Report abuse

Wow - what a fascinating discourse we find on this site. Zouk - get a job. We're tired of you.
I don't know who poasted this but it bears repeating:
'Just since McCain's embrace of offshore drilling in June, donations to his campaign from the oil and gas industry have skyrocketed. He has received $881,450 in the last 6 weeks alone.

The McCain campaign may claim to "stand up" to the oil industry, but McCain's own plans are the stuff of Big Oil's dreams."

They bought old John, lock, stock and barrel. They own him, just like they own Cheney. Four more years of the same old sh*t, while your gas and food prices continue to go through the roof and the oil companies continue to rake in record prices.

And the republican party continues to bankrupt America. What will YOU have left in 4 years?

Anything?

Posted by: CrazyMe | August 4, 2008 5:19 PM | Report abuse

Nice try to the smart aleck insinuating I am so out of touch that I will be in a place called South Dakota.

The Dakotas never split into two - that was Czechoslovakia. You won't catch me on that one again.

When I am done in the Dakotas I will drive to their neighbor Connecticutt to campaign with Mr. Liebermann.

Posted by: McSame | August 4, 2008 3:53 PM | Report abuse

did anyone notice how utterly stupid sphinctator is?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Did anybody notice how ZoukNobama was onto the Eric Cantor bit a week before the normal media?

He's either posting from the basement of the RNC or of Faux News.

Paid to troll either way.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Now that McCain says he is going to support the compromise on energy is this so called liberal media going to call him a flip-flopper. Once again free ride McCain gets a pass. McCain flip-flopped on oil a month ago afters banning drilling for the previous 26 years.

Posted by: bradcpa | August 4, 2008 3:28 PM | Report abuse

I want in on some of this victim action. I don't look like the others on the bills. I will try to scare you with stories about how they will scare you.

I must warn you I am very adept at writing fiction - having written two fictional books about how great I am.

someone please talk about race. I am running out of distractions. I may have to even answer a question at this rate. I already told you the answer is tire pressure.

Woe is me!

Posted by: snObama | August 4, 2008 3:16 PM | Report abuse

One thing you haven't been, snObama, is spouse to a beer company heiress. Care for a Stella Artois?

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Polman writes:
Michael Dukakis was destroyed in August '88, when the GOP painted him as a water-polluting, insufficiently flag-waving, rapist-enabling wussy; his response at the time was zilch, because he refused to believe that voters would buy the caricatures. They did. And 16 years later, in August '04, John Kerry was transformed by the Swift Boaters from war hero to fraud; his response at the time was to embark on a wind-surfing vacation. His people said virtually nothing for several weeks, because they refused to believe that voters would buy the caricature. They did.
Obama now faces many potential dog day afternoons. His current line is that he is "disappointed" in McCain for launching such attacks, but I doubt that a mournful sigh is sufficient to stop further shelling from the McCain war room. Clearly he will need stronger weaponry if he wants to survive the ides of August. Contrary to what some of the economic forecasters believe, I find it hard to imagine, in this unconventional campaign season, that swing voters will tilt Democratic merely because of the sluggish quarterly growth rates in the GDP.

Posted by: polman | August 4, 2008 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Hey community organizer is SO a real job. We organize stuff.

I was also a book writer - two books about my favorite subject - ME.

I was also a professor - no scholarship but they overlooked that for me.

I was also an editor - no publications but they overlooked that for me.

I was also a state senator - no actual votes but they overlooked that for me.

I was also a Senator - no one ran against me but they overlooked that for me.

Now I am a candidate for President - no answers to questions but they overlook that for me.

Posted by: snObama | August 4, 2008 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Why ask why?

And, Sherry Kay, please bother reading the column before posting nonsense. Chris is on vacation.

BB

Posted by: Fairlington Blade | August 4, 2008 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Very definitive - ignorant coward. stating plainly that the US Navy is not a real job. Says it all stooge.

Hence the pending landslide loss in nov. Serves you buffoons right.

compare and contrast: US Navy pilot vs community organizer, whatever that is.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Howie Kurtz is off the straight talk express invite list for reporting that we no longer invite reporters onto the straight talk express.

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 2:58 PM | Report abuse

Why won't anyone buy my book? why is my approval rating the lowest in history? why is latitude better than longitude? why do I always look surprised? why does anyone doubt I am personally going to save the planet? why do they call me the worst speaker in history?

Why, why, why?

Posted by: Pelosi Galore | August 4, 2008 2:56 PM | Report abuse

I was for a drilling moratorium before I was against it.

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 2:55 PM | Report abuse

I was against the bush tax cuts before I was for them.

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 2:54 PM | Report abuse

What a coincidence! I haven't either. My dad & granpa got me into the navy, then my father in law hired me when I dumped my wife for his daughter. Then the public teat beckoned and I've been sucking ever since. Please don't quote that out of context.

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA'S STATEMENT: "The reserve should only be used in the event of an emergency, and that we shouldn't be tapping the reserve to provide a small, short-term decrease in gas prices." -- August 31, 2005

EXPIRATION DATE: Today: "Democrat Barack Obama called today for tapping the nation's strategic oil reserves to help drive down gasoline prices, a shift from his previous position on the issue."

All Barack Obama statements come with an expiration date. All of them.

My poll numbers are down - that is the most dire of emergencies.

Posted by: snObama | August 4, 2008 2:52 PM | Report abuse

My VP pick? Me - isn't that audacious? and who else could live up to my celebrity status and vast inexperience?

I asked Paris but she said she wouldn't deal with an amatuer like me. I will get even by taking all her money next year. Brittany is considering my offer but I will admit her experience may make me look naive. After all, I have never really had an honest paying job in my life.

I am still trying to get everyone to believe that community organizer is real.

Posted by: snObama | August 4, 2008 2:45 PM | Report abuse

snObama- by the way, could you pick a veep already? I need you to do something I can react to.

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

Don't tell my campaign I said so, but that 16 month timetable is a pretty good one.

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 2:36 PM | Report abuse

Since we've now won the Iraq war, I won't be retreating any longer. now I propose to stay on in force until I change my mind again, that is.

and I think a surge in afghanistan is a good idea, even thought surges are always failures before they start.

If I ever make a proven error, don't count on me to ever admit it. that would ruin my last hiding place - judgement.

Posted by: snObama | August 4, 2008 2:29 PM | Report abuse

As part of my "family values" tour I'm visiting the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally today - made famous by the Hells Angels, topless women, public drunkenness and other debauchery reminiscent of a naval aviator's convention. It feels like home.

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 2:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scrivener | August 4, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse

Obama's refusal to join McCain on his extensive town hall tour of America and his reliance on controlled presentations may backfire. Today's audiences don't just want to listen; they want involvement. Don't just give me platform connection; talk to me. McCain may soon adapt a famous Reagan line: "There he goes again. Great speech, but when will he get off that platform and answer your questions?"

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse

Prospective donors: for the low, low price of $4600, we'll personalize our campaign message to insult your daughter in a nationwide ad campaign. Buy now before its too late!

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 2:16 PM | Report abuse

My bubble is bursting. I'm melting, melting. what a wicked world.......

Posted by: snObama | August 4, 2008 2:14 PM | Report abuse

I've checked with my campaign, but do not speak for it today. Try again tomorrow.

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

My position on energy - fill up your tires. See how easy THAT was. next problem???

Posted by: snObama | August 4, 2008 2:10 PM | Report abuse

I'd announce my position on energy, but have to check with my campaign first.

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 2:08 PM | Report abuse

If anyone dares to make a profit while I am in offcie we will promptly confiscate it. government is the only proper place to spend your money. and when I say your money, I mean our money.

Posted by: snObama | August 4, 2008 2:01 PM | Report abuse

I doubt he'll do it, but the only chance Barack Obama has to get elected in the general is to pick Hillary as his VP. Otherwise McCain will win in a landslide. It will be interesting to see if Barack Obama and family will re-join that racist white and America--hating church Trinity after he loses in November. Probably, birds of a feather flook together.

Posted by: rick | August 4, 2008 1:59 PM | Report abuse

Just as they did last Friday, a group of House Republicans will engage in political theater on the floor tomorrow, staging a fake session on gas prices. Congress adjourned last week, but some conservatives remained behind to clamor in the dark chamber for a vote on oil drilling. Politico reports that "Republicans felt they got a lot of good press out of Friday's 'revolt,' so they will be back at it again."

UPDATE: Drew Hammill, a spokesman for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, said last Friday: "In a week where Exxon Mobil made the largest quarterly profits by a U.S. corporation, Republicans are staying in Washington to argue that Big Oil deserves more taxpayer lands. Republicans must think Big Oil is paying them by the hour."

UPDATE II: On Fox News' Beltway Boys, Weekly Standard editor Fred Barnes admitted the move by the House conservatives was a "stunt."

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

How do you define leadership?

I define it by waiting for my opponent to do something & responding.

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 1:55 PM | Report abuse

snobama =kingofzouk. still no job, still spending the whole day on a blog. how's your mama? enjoying the basement?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 1:54 PM | Report abuse

I propose a permanent moratorium on the federal gas tax. We'll keep borrowing money from the Chinese instead. If I ever planned to vote in the Senate again, I'd introduce a bill - but I haven't voted since April 8th, so don't hold your breath.

Posted by: McCainiac | August 4, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Anything?

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows the race for the White House is tied with Barack Obama and John McCain each attracting 44% of the vote. However, when "leaners" are included, it's McCain 47% and Obama 46%. This is the first time McCain has enjoyed even a statistically insignificant advantage of any sort since Obama clinched the Democratic nomination on June 3.

Posted by: long slow decline begins | August 4, 2008 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Now that I have found out that the public overwhelmingly is FOR more drilling, so am I. see how easy that was?

Posted by: snObama | August 4, 2008 1:46 PM | Report abuse

CAN "MR. STRAIGHT TALK" HOLD OUT AGAINST THE PSY-OPS OF A SILENT COUP?

Is McCain's holding out on his VP pick a sign that he is trying to stave off a Bushie coup, with Rob Portman as the vanguard?

The theory is that with selective application of "psy-ops," McCain will be persuaded to go with Portman, which will ensure the continuation of the ongoing march to what some have described as a new world order.

McCain's resistance, goes the theory, could indicate that he is maintaining his independent streak in the face of intensive psychological, perhaps even physical persuasion techniques. McCain's defense of the Brittany-Spears ad looks lukewarm at best; it is just not in his nature to employ "South Carolina 2000" type tactics.

Watch McCain carefully; if he is able to exhibit the characteristics of the "straight talker" we remember from the 2000 campaign, it may be a sign that the political psy-ops units are having a tougher time of it than they had anticipated.

Posted by: scrivener | August 4, 2008 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Amazing that Bill Clinton finds it so hard to move past his meltdown during the primary. Get over it, rehab your image and go stump for Obama.

Posted by: matt | August 4, 2008 12:42 PM | Report abuse

"The Clintons, of course, are in the position they love to be in: victims. It's not their fault that Bill has a big mouth, that they couldn't keep their soap opera campaign afloat, that Hillary blew through her $100M+ war chest with big-ticket purchases of rock salt, donuts, and Mark Penn's "expertise," and of course its not their fault that the majority of Democrats and the electorate hate Hill's guts. They're just victims, and wait until we hear their side of the story - you'll see."

Yeah, that was one of the highlights of Bill Clinton's personality. He never could seem to take responsibility for anything. Don't get me wrong. His presidency was the best tenure of my short lifetime, but that was kind of grating as to how he thought everyone was out to get him. I know its something that all politicians do, but it was kind of excessive with him.

Posted by: DDAWD | August 4, 2008 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: scrivener | August 4, 2008 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Sherry Kay writes
"So, come on now,Drippy Chrissie Fizzle as
you should know by now,even as big of a phony WAPO Obama Shill as you are..."

Sherry, may I direct you to the post's byline? It says "By Ed O'Keefe". The usual proprieter of this blog is on vacation. Please save your bile until his return. Thanks in advance.

Posted by: bsimon | August 4, 2008 11:52 AM | Report abuse

NOW WE ENDEAVOR TO PSYCHOANALYZE BARACK...

...I fear that Obama is incapable of realizing what he needs to do to regain the lost confidence of most most ardent supporters... apologize for his excessive hubris, and promise to try to be more humble -- you know, sort of like how he talked to God in that Wailing Wall prayer.

I have a theory about why Obama acts so egotistically. I think he fears success, and is engaging in self-sabotage. I think he recognizes his excessive hubris, but just can't help himself because he is afraid.

That is an understandable human emotion. Perhaps he should publicly recognize that he's allowed his super-ego to override his id. Maybe he should talk about this, and make something of an apology to his supporters (which is what he seemed to be doing in his Wailing Wall "tokel").

I'm no Dr. Freud; but that's the most beneficent reading I can offer for his self-defeating behavior.

EXPOSE GOVT.-SUPPORTED EXTRA-LEGAL "VIGILANTE INJUSTICE" SQUADS THAT
BYPASS THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM AND
DESTROY AMERICAN DEMOCRACY

Posted by: scrivener | August 4, 2008 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Good Lord, I am so tired of the ultra-liberal wing of the Democratic Party going on and on and on about the fact that Congress "took impeachment off the table"

Here's a civics lesson you all so desperately need.

The process of impeachment is a political one. It has nothing to do with the rule of law, nor does it require the President to have committed a crime in order for Congress to serve him with Articles of Impeachment. Are you with me so far?

Once a simple majority of the House Judiciary Committee (currently 21 of 40) and the full House (218 of 435) ratify the Articles, the President is put on trial. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court (Bush appointee John Roberts) presides, and the 100 members of the Senate serve as jury. Still with me?

It takes a 2/3 supermajority (67 of 100) to remove the President from office in an impeachment proceeding. You need the entire Democratic Caucus (incl. the two Independents) and 16 Republicans to remove him from office.

Personally, I believe that the White House has committed crimes that warrant the removal of George W. Bush as President of the United States.

I, however, live in the real world. In the real world, unless you kill the 16 Republicans you need and replace them with Stepford Senators, all an impeachment of Bush would result in is theater. Congress has better things to do with its time and my money.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 10:59 AM | Report abuse

So, come on now,Drippy Chrissie Fizzle as
you should know by now,even as big of a phony WAPO Obama Shill as you are,that your
Hero,His Arrogance,Marxist Socialist Democrat Liberal Messiah Mullah Empty Suit
Barack Hussein Obama and Her Arrogance Nutso Madame Nancy "Im Trying To Save The
Planet" Pelosi,the darling of "I took
Impeachment off the Table," and the totally
incompetent lying phony Do Nothing Democrat
Congress will once again prove only the
Democrats can snatch failure out of the
jaws of success. And this year Obama,Pelosi
and Howard Dean will do it again. NOBAMA

Posted by: Sherry Kay | August 4, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Its a rerun of Bill being victimized by interns and government employees, forced by honor and duty to lower his drawers and put on his "O" face.

Posted by: bondjedi | August 4, 2008 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Go ahead the both of you, or are there three?

------
I think the big congressional gains predicted for the Dems are in jeopardy over Democrats (and Obama's) opposition to off shore oil drilling and nuclear power. Watch the Republican House members' "protest" this week. The public is watching, I assure you, and will take vengenance on Dems who are opposed.

Posted by: daman1 | August 4, 2008 9:25 AM

Posted by: Anonymous | August 4, 2008 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Rob T writes
"I thought it was interesting that the only senate canidates Broder decided to profile were all Democrats. It just goes to show you where his political leanings are."

Rob, two things. Firstly, the article was about bringing new blood into the Senate. If there were some R challengers likely to win new seats for their party, Broder could be criticized for not including them. As it stands, there's nobody he should have included, who wasn't. Secondly, his last paragraph is a bit of a fluffer for McCain, so its not as though his 'political leanings' are as obvious as you infer.

Posted by: bsimon | August 4, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Anne E. Kornblut and Bill Clinton doing a truthful interview? Please, give me a break.

One only needs to review national video footage of Bill Clinton, now available on YouTube in which Bill Clinton tells America with a straight face, " I did not have sexual relations with that woman"!

Bill Clinton is just "bitter" because he could not deliver Hillary the Democratic nomination as an ultimate gesture of his power within the Democratic Party or should I say, Clinton Party.

In short Bill Clinton is jealous of Obama. With an Obama win in November and a successful Presidential term or two, Obama will uproot Bill Clinton as one of the greatest Presidents (regardless of being a Democrat or Republican)in history.

Posted by: Obama-Junkie | August 4, 2008 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Welcome, blogsitter Ed, on this fine Monday in August, which for political trivia buffs, just happens to be Barack Obama's 47th birthday as well.

Posted by: Fairfax Voter | August 4, 2008 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: daman1 | August 4, 2008 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: RobT | August 4, 2008 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Patric, Hillary lost the primary to a bragadocious, inexperienced, silver-tongued zero. Clearly she's not qualified to be VP!

Posted by: Blarg | August 4, 2008 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Absolutely, Patric 35. If Obama were a real man he'd let himself be bullied into picking Hillary.

Posted by: Aleks | August 4, 2008 8:44 AM | Report abuse

Obama doesn't have the cojones to pick Hillary as veep. She makes him look like the bragadocious, inexperienced, silver-tongued zero that he is.

Posted by: Patric 35 | August 4, 2008 6:56 AM | Report abuse