Christie's Campaign Jingle

The Fix is a connoisseur of campaign theme songs. From the great (Ohio Rep. Charlie Wilson's jingle asking voters to write him in after a mixup left him off the ballot) to the not-so-great (Illinois state Sen. Steve Rauschenberger's "Do the Rauschenberger"), we have seen -- or rather heard -- them all.

So, we were interested to read a piece today in the Newark Star-Ledger that linked to the campaign theme song for former U.S. Attorney Chris Christie (R).

Our reaction? Eh.

While the homage to the freecreditreport.com jingle was a nice touch, the two singers were way behind the music. Plus, for a 51-second jingle there was only about 25 second of actual music.

Come on! Over to you Governor Corzine.

By Chris Cillizza  |  October 5, 2009; 4:52 PM ET
Categories:  Governors
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Short Takes: Lowden's Ensign Problem
Next: Morning Fix: Landscape Sparks Republicans Recruiting

Comments

==

So you admire stupid demented people like Taitz and Palin.

o/~ birds of a feather flock together o/~

Two attention-starved women, admired by an attention-starved uh whatever. I love it when the world is coherent.

Posted by: GoldAndTanzanite | October 6, 2009 10:48 PM | Report abuse

When I was a baby I would cry and cry until my dad sang the Tom Tauke (IA rep) campaign jingle to me.

Posted by: andrea81 | October 6, 2009 3:44 PM | Report abuse

turns out even rightwingers see christie's a wimp:

Former U.S. Attorney Chris Christie, the Republican nominee for Governor of New Jersey, was just attacked this morning by MSNBC host Joe Scarborough, for being afraid to come on Morning Joe.

Scarborough, who is himself a former Republican Congressman from Florida, was interviewing Christie's rival, Democratic Gov. Jon Corzine today.

"And by the way, we always get flooded with e-mails, whenever we have the Governor on -- why don't we have Chris Christie on? The answer's very simple: 'cause he won't come on," said Scarborough. "We've asked him, and we ask you again, Christie. I don't know -- I mean, my God, if you can't handle us, you can't handle Mike Barnicle, you sure as Hell can't handle the state of New Jersey."

Posted by: drindl | October 6, 2009 1:37 PM | Report abuse

LOL!!!

Posted by: JakeD | October 6, 2009 1:14 PM | Report abuse

(Sung to "George of the Jungle")

Chris! Chris! Vote for Christ Christie!
Sure that he'll go far!

AAAAAAAAAAAUGH!

Watch out for that car!
Watch out for his--

SCREEEEEEEEECH! >-CRASH!-<

Caaaar!

Posted by: howlless | October 6, 2009 12:33 PM | Report abuse

It's like Pavlov's experiments. Every time you do a jingle story, I look for Mark Warner's Virginia gubernatorial bluegrass song from whenever it was (2001?) and listen to it again. Nothing else can come close. I think the secret was that it was actually good music and lyrics, not truly a "jingle" at all. Are these guys available for other campaigns?

Posted by: fairfaxvoter | October 6, 2009 11:51 AM | Report abuse

LOL!!! According to the California State Bar website, Ms. Taitz is not under any disciplinary investigation nor has any administration action ever been taken against her law license -- I have not heard of any federal sanctions either, but Rule 11 is used for "reasonable expenses and attorney's fees incurred" not to disbar an attorney -- since she has no public record of any proceeding against her law license, and she is an active, current member of the California State Bar and federal courts, I think the burden is on "drindl" to prove otherwise:

Of course, that won't stop the ad hominem personal attacks ; )

Posted by: JakeD | October 6, 2009 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Telling, isn't it, that CC put up a piece about christie's jingle instead of this poll that puts corzine ahead?

"A new Fairleigh Dickinson poll has Gov. Jon Corzine (D-NJ) with a one-point edge over his Republican opponent, former U.S. Attorney Chris Christie -- the first poll that has had Corzine ahead during the entire general election season."

Posted by: drindl | October 6, 2009 11:33 AM | Report abuse

This Taitz woman is about to lose her license to practice law because of her frivolous suits. Did the article mention that?

Posted by: drindl | October 6, 2009 11:19 AM | Report abuse

msame, the Orly article is just fine. The writer lets her hang herself AND makes points about the oddities in her resume, her appearance and her psychology. She is justly represented as the narcissistic, self-aggrandizing egoist she is. She has no regard for any opinion but her own, so she can't be wrong.

Posted by: margaretmeyers | October 6, 2009 10:28 AM | Report abuse

my = by

Posted by: JakeD | October 6, 2009 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Sorry -- can't read the Orly Taitz article -- she deserves no more exposure -- all I had to do was read her court filings and arguments to know what a psychotic racist and idiot she is.

Posted by: msame | October 6, 2009 6:34 AM | Report abuse

Shrink2, going above and beyond the call of duty.

Posted by: margaretmeyers | October 6, 2009 6:16 AM | Report abuse

Dr. Taitz is a true American hero (the WaPo is doing her no favors my disclosing she is "polite" on the phone -- look up "Madame DeFarge" sometime -- despite that, like Sarah Palin, she's a pitbull with lipstick ; )

Posted by: JakeD | October 6, 2009 6:15 AM | Report abuse

DDAWD, if Sarah Palin disappoints, jaked always has Orly to fall back on, so to speak.

Posted by: nodebris | October 6, 2009 12:25 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, well if anyone has any doubt about Fox's bias the link is useful. My long-formed and frequently confirmed opinion is that they are about as subtle as a 2x4 upside the head or day-glow paint.

Posted by: nodebris | October 6, 2009 12:22 AM | Report abuse

And if you need more reading material, the Washington Post has decided to humanize a racist bigot.

Damn libs and their medias.

Posted by: DDAWD | October 6, 2009 12:15 AM | Report abuse

""subtle bias in FOX News poll"

I don't believe it.

The subtle part, I mean.

Posted by: nodebris"

It's actually pretty interesting. The first question is on Obama's approval rating. The respondents actually rate Obama a little better than most polls. Then there are some more questions. Then comes the question on health care. Pretty unbiased in and of itself. However, the trick is in the intervening questions. They are VERY biased and meant to give the respondent a bad mindset about Obama. This may affect how he responds to the healthcare question. This wouldn't affect the approval rating question since it's the first question.

Posted by: DDAWD | October 6, 2009 12:12 AM | Report abuse

"subtle bias in FOX News poll"

I don't believe it.

The subtle part, I mean.

Posted by: nodebris | October 5, 2009 11:52 PM | Report abuse

Interesting blog post on subtle bias in FOX News poll on health care. It's even got a Vietnamese phrase in there for people who are into Vietnamese stuff.

Posted by: DDAWD | October 5, 2009 10:28 PM | Report abuse

And folks really HATE living in New Jersey -- that's why it is such a grossly under-populated state.

==

Posted by: GoldAndTanzanite | October 5, 2009 8:27 PM | Report abuse

I'm sorry Margaret.
When I saw this, I just had to run to the Rx cabinet and...it really works.
The tears flow.

Posted by: shrink2 | October 5, 2009 7:54 PM | Report abuse

this video is awesome! everyone I spoke to thought it was hilarious. All of Corzine's videos are so dry and boring. It's refreshing Christie uses some humor to lighten things up.

In any case, this campaign is about saving the state of NJ... not how well the sound is synced up. I hope that's what motivates voters to cast their ballots... not the "quality" of a (very) funny video on youtube.

Posted by: rutgers2011 | October 5, 2009 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: margaretmeyers | October 5, 2009 7:39 PM | Report abuse

This is like finding out there isn't any Santy Claus. Glenn Beck isn't a weepy maniac, he's just a calculating menace?

Yes, Virginia, the veils are dropping from my eyes.

Posted by: margaretmeyers | October 5, 2009 7:35 PM | Report abuse

Better than a lot of the homemade videos for Obama, Hillary, and McCain.

Posted by: DDAWD | October 5, 2009 7:24 PM | Report abuse

I'l rather watch Glen Beck use his vapo-rub to cry.

Posted by: shrink2 | October 5, 2009 6:14 PM | Report abuse

Come on Chris, these guys clearly weren't trying to get on American Idol...they were trying to make a statement about Corzine's failed policies. And they did it in a creative way...

Posted by: johnfranklinhero | October 5, 2009 6:09 PM | Report abuse

By Irving Berlin:

I like Ike
I'll shout it over a mike
Or a phone
Or from the highest steeple

I like Ike
And Ike is easy to like
Stands alone
The choice of "We the People"

A leader we can call
Without political noise
He can lead us all
As he led the boys

Tried and true
Courageous, strong and human
Why, even Harry Truman
Says, "I like Ike"

Posted by: JakeD | October 5, 2009 5:50 PM | Report abuse

That was terrible. Just terrible. Hope those guys enjoy their 15 minutes.

Posted by: jscms | October 5, 2009 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Oh, please, nothing tops "I Like Ike" set to music!

Posted by: JakeD | October 5, 2009 5:11 PM | Report abuse