The Most Important Number in Politics Today

That's the number of days of the Fix July 4 vacation that starts today. (Ok, so it might not be the most important number in politics but it is sort of important to Fixistas, right?)

We still have a few posts up our sleeves -- the case against Richard Nixon's inclusion in the Fix Political Hall of Fame will come tomorrow, for example -- but, by and large, we will be off the grid, as the kids say.

That means no Line tomorrow (will you survive?) and no Morning Fix tomorrow or Monday.

The Fix will be fully operational again on Tuesday. Have a great fourth of July and try not to "Sanford it."

By Chris Cillizza  |  July 2, 2009; 1:00 PM ET
Categories:  Most Important Number
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Morning Fix: A Sarah Palin Rebound?
Next: Liberal Groups Defend Climate Change Vote

Comments

4 days? The most important number today? NOT 25000 bucks?

You've got to be kidding!

Posted by: Gray62 | July 3, 2009 11:23 AM | Report abuse

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK?

• Will WaPo sleuths get to the bottom of who's financing this 24/7 Fix spam job?

• Are the anti-propaganda statutes worth the paper they're written on?

• Or will the "hits" just keep on comin' -- on Uncle Sam's tab?

http://NowPublic.com/scrivener -- "Fix" taxpayer advocate

Posted by: scrivener50 | July 3, 2009 12:12 AM | Report abuse

chrisfox8, king_of_zouk - You two are GOOD! I showed your posts around the office this afternoon and several people laughed until their eyes watered. I wish I was half as good as the two of you; you're masters! It's like reading Terry Pratchett and Dave Barry going at "it".

Posted by: mibrooks27 | July 2, 2009 5:17 PM | Report abuse

hahahahahahahahaa

Posted by: chrisuxcox

I see we have reached the limits of your intellect. that was a short trip.

Posted by: king_of_zouk | July 2, 2009 5:08 PM | Report abuse

I oversee a large team of developers at times.

==

hahahahahaha

do you have a secretary who takes dictation too?

hahahahahahahahaa

Posted by: chrisfox8 | July 2, 2009 5:00 PM | Report abuse

so in other words you are a low skilled factory worker that can easily be replaced because you bring nothing special to the table. Employers simply fill your position with the dumbest and cheapest labor they can find.

dumb and cheap, perfect for you.

and you tried to hide the fact that your job AND your hobby are located in a basement tapping at the keys of a tired old computer, trying to find that one :; that is out of place. How exciting. No wonder you're such a pest.

I oversee a large team of developers at times. I find them to be OK as long as they have proper instruction and are not permitted, encouraged or allowed ot break out on their own. they need to be fed the company line and leashed closely. I see why you love the Dems so much. you never have to think for yourself or take responsibility for any erros. It was always that dumb ferenn guy.

I thought Libs loved everyone. you seem to be replete with hate. you really don;t belong anywhere do you? you and Obimbo.

Posted by: king_of_zouk | July 2, 2009 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Actually minimum wage is federally mandated.

==

And a labor certification before hiring an H1-B is federally mandated too. But I've seen job ads specifically looking for an H1-B and stating that Americans need not apply. I reported them to the DoL.

Lotta companies around here would be doing a lot of hiring if the H1-B program was ended.

Posted by: chrisfox8 | July 2, 2009 4:45 PM | Report abuse

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Actually minimum wage is federally mandated. I bet you could get more if you work the drive through after midnight.

Posted by: king_of_zouk | July 2, 2009 4:36 PM | Report abuse

If you are so friggin succes[s]ful, why are you threatened by untal[e]nted immigrants?

==

Heh heh heh missed the barn, zook

Those untalented Indian developers have made me a fortune. I spent a solid year rewriting code for Windows Mobile that TCS had completely screwed up at Microsoft's IDC.

Six of them, a steaming heap of garbage we didn't even bother to salvage anything from.

One of me, same amount of time, and everything worked perfectly.

After I got back from a nice leisurely vacation in Viet Nam, it only took me a few weeks to find a job, no less than I was making before the economy started to collapse.

I'm doing fine.

Have fun shopping for a new bathtub toy.

Posted by: chrisfox8 | July 2, 2009 4:28 PM | Report abuse

successful software development a failure.

Posted by: chrisuxcox

your assumptions about me are way off base. I know you need to do that to survive in your fantasy.

If you are so friggin succesful, why are you threatened by untalanted immigrants? why are you so underpaid? why is your hobby blogging all day. sounds like you are the one living and working in a basement.

do you always project your fears onto others? Is your life so empty? What a pitiful existence.

I will be spending the weekend boat shopping.

Posted by: king_of_zouk | July 2, 2009 4:23 PM | Report abuse

who says the market doesn't work.

==

I say it.

Kinda funny that a head-case living in his mom's single-wide is calling a successful software development a failure.

Posted by: chrisfox8 | July 2, 2009 4:15 PM | Report abuse

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Twice nothing is still nothing. who says the market doesn't work. you are earning what you are worth. Less than a foreigner who can't speak English. so you see, your secret is out.

Posted by: king_of_zouk | July 2, 2009 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Does it count as Sanfording if the date with the beautiful foreign woman is near where I live instead of where she is from?

Also, I'm not married nor a governor.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 2, 2009 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Enjoy your vacation, Cizzler.

And when you get back, how about giving the "Republican Savior" entries a rest?

Posted by: chrisfox8 | July 2, 2009 2:25 PM | Report abuse

==

This is the elephant in the living room. Bringing in foreign workers who accept low wages while American workers are unemployed at the highest levels since Reagan.

If the H1-Bs were sent back to India then my wages/hourlies would effing *double* .. my industry is crawling with H1-Bs and only a few of them earn even their low pay. There is no good reason to continue this program

Posted by: chrisfox8 | July 2, 2009 2:19 PM | Report abuse

What? No Line tomorrow? That means I'm going to have to work during normal business hours? Darn you, Cillizza!

Enjoy your vacation -- as long as you're not "hiking the Appalachian Trail".

Posted by: mnteng | July 2, 2009 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Chris,

You've got some nerve getting all us Fixistos used to this Pavlovian dog-flow of political stories and then suddenly vanishing for 4 whole days! Outrageous! Just because you want to spend time with your 4(?)-month-old son, your wife, and...oh yes, unpacking after your move. What a shoddy excuse! Perhaps it's we who should exhort you not to 'Sanford it' (whatever that means--I'm afraid to ask).

Already in withdrawl,

sverigegrabb

Posted by: sverigegrabb | July 2, 2009 1:52 PM | Report abuse

Have a good time off, Chris.

Posted by: JakeD | July 2, 2009 1:51 PM | Report abuse

The most important number in the news today is 9.5. That's the official unemployment number. The real number, of course, people looking for work who have lost their unemployment benefits, is closer to 20%. This tragedy, this horror show, is owned by the Obama Administration and the Democratic Congress. They could end it tomorrow by enacting laws that make corporate treason unprofitable... but they wont. In the face of 80% of voters calling for an end to outsourcing and guest workers, ending the H1-B visas right now, using punitive taxes and fees to end offshoring jobs and factories, using that taxes and fees to *force* companies that have outsourced jobs to return those jobs here or forgo doing business here, in the face of this they have ponied up to the Wall Street feed trough and drown in the slop provided by Wall Street. Impeach Obama, vote out you incumbent! We are ill served by our government.

Posted by: mibrooks27 | July 2, 2009 1:33 PM | Report abuse