About Chris Cillizza  |  On Twitter: The Fix and The Hyper Fix  |  On Facebook  |  On YouTube  |  RSS Feeds RSS Feed

Night Time Fun in Louisville, Ky.

I haven't had much time to write for the Ramble while chasing Chris and Jim with two video cameras, a still camera and at least 7 battery chargers. So I wanted to take a moment tonight and put up a fun non-political shot I took in downtown Louisville. The area is called "Fourth Street Live" and it's a block of lively restaurants and bars. The entire block is covered by a huge atrium that is keeping the evening rain from drowning out a concert.

Ohio River Ramble

Chet Rhodes

Posted by
Chet Rhodes
» About Chet

The image is below. I am using a digital SLR and was very happy with the tone of the shot. I think the rain on the street gives a great reflection of the neon lighting. I also really like the look of the tall building in the background. A bit of visual fun before it is back to work in the morning as we hit Day 4.

-- Chet Rhodes

washingtonpost.com- downtown Louisville KY

By Chet Rhodes  |  September 22, 2006; 10:07 PM ET
Categories:  Ohio River Ramble
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Video: Kentucky 3 Wrap Up
Next: Will Louisville's Mayor Jump Into Ky.'s '07 Gov. Race?

Comments

Hey, I liked your picture, Chet, very vivid and colourful.

Posted by: Andriët Psarisch | September 29, 2006 6:22 AM | Report abuse

Nice photo. Wish I could shoot em like that.

Posted by: Sandwich Repairman | September 24, 2006 2:04 PM | Report abuse

You guys are patsies. Not you Chuck, but Chris & Jim. A campaign aide comes along and "he promised, there would be a spectacle too good to miss." So you rush over to witness the spectacule. Geeez.

You are giving the dirty campaigning tactics national exposure and encouraging it. Come cover the issues, write about legitimate differences, but don't get used to exploite scum politics.

Posted by: Puck | September 23, 2006 2:46 PM | Report abuse

The photo is great... love the angle and cropping, the clarity, the depth and balance, the clock on the right. Digital SLR... lucky guy.

Posted by: dridl | September 23, 2006 12:18 AM | Report abuse

Hey Chris, In this aftermath, I usually defend you but that picture sucks. Stick to writing and we can each take our own pictures. Has this trip turned into a junket?

Posted by: Houston | September 23, 2006 12:01 AM | Report abuse

There's a RR bridge over a gorge just outside of Lexingon, you guys should check out if you get close, just ask one of the locals, they'll know all about the trestle bridge...

Absolutely awesome view, don't miss it!

Posted by: JEP | September 22, 2006 11:11 PM | Report abuse