Tommy Thompson says no to Wisconsin Senate race

Former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson has decided against challenging Sen. Russ Feingold (D), robbing Republicans of their top recruit and likely removing the race from most target lists.

"My family did not want me to run," Thompson told a local newspaper.

Thompson spent nearly two decades as governor of the state from the mid 1980s until early last decade when he was plucked to serve as Secretary of Health and Human Services in the Bush Administration.

Thompson, who remains popular in the state, has seen his name floated (or floated it himself) for nearly every statewide opening in recent years. He considered the possibility of running against Feingold far more closely, however, as, at age 68, this might have been his last, best chance to run for office again in Wisconsin.

With Thompson out, Republicans are left with a relatively thin field that includes wealthy developer Terrence Wall and Dick Leinenkugel, a former Commerce Secretary in Gov. Jim Doyle's (D) Administration.

Expect national Republicans to at least explore the possibility of former Rep. Mark Neumann switching from the governor's race to challenge Feingold. In 1998, Neumann narrowly lost a race to the Democratic incumbent.

Any Republican would start a general election campaign against Feingold as a decided underdog although the national political environment coupled with Wisconsin's status as a swing state could keep the eventual Republican nominee in the game.

Feingold, first elected in 1992, is sitting on more than $4 million heading into the fall campaign.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Chris Cillizza  |  April 15, 2010; 1:55 PM ET
Categories:  Senate  | Tags: Democratic Party, Mark Neumann, Republican, Russ Feingold, Tommy Thompson
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jim Bunning, Rand Paul and the Fix Endorsement Hierarchy
Next: First quarter fundraising winners and losers

Comments

OBAMA CANCELS 2010 ELECTIONS

Washington DC (April 16, 2010) - Obama today cancelled the 2010 Congressional Elections, stating that there was too much racism in the electorate.

"We have to find a way to get rid of all these racists," Obama stated.

"In order to vote, all voters are going to have prove that they are not racist - and we are going to have to come up with some tests so that people can prove they are not racist."

"Did you hear what they were saying in Washington DC yesterday - carrying signs and all ? We know that when they talk about the trillion dollar deficit and high taxes, they really mean they are racist."

Obviously, African-Americans will not have to take the tests in order to vote - so "Maybe we will have a few elections with only blacks voting - just until we devise the tests for racism," Obama stated.

Obama has asked all the present Congress to stay on until he can figure out a way to get rid of all the racists so they won't vote. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid said that although it might be a hardship, they would be willing to stay in office past the expiration of their current terms.

Posted by: 37thand0street | April 16, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Blarg writes
"It's pathetic how some people come here only to whine about other posters and rant about how stupid and mentally disturbed they are.

And I'm not just talking about Zouk."

Ditto.

And yes, he has been here for years.

Posted by: bsimon1 | April 16, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

A few months? Try a few years. I've been a regular here since 2006. I used to post much more frequently. Now I don't see much point, since anything I say will be swallowed up by the endless tide of idiocy stemming from a few prolific posters, yourself included.

Posted by: Blarg | April 16, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Try this again Blarg after a few months of posting about anything other than other posters yourself. You're in no position to criticize, since this particular whine seems to be about 2/3 of your own posts.

Posted by: Noacoler | April 16, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

And I'm not just talking about Zouk.

Posted by: Blarg | April 16, 2010 9:10 AM | Report abuse

While I'm here, what did you have for din-din?

==

bún thịt nướng & gỏi chuoi hoa

nóng lắm!

Posted by: Noacoler | April 16, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

I must have stumbled on some loons facebook page by accident. Sorry. I was looking for the political blog The Fix.

While I'm here, what did you have for din-din?

Posted by: Moonbat | April 16, 2010 8:04 AM | Report abuse

My 'pitiful resume' resulted in 25 years of highly-paid marketing work. You have posted it. Now post yours. I dare you -- let's see who you actually are. Do it or STFU.

==

If he's "willing to learn" to be a professional photographer then his usual gig is probably ten or twelve days a month at the labor pool.

Come on, we all know he gets a nut check. There's no CV for that.

Posted by: Noacoler | April 16, 2010 2:25 AM | Report abuse

@DDAWD: good informative post on Cao. Thanks. BTW that's "tall" or "high" or "noble" in the language. It's also my adopted name in the language, a direct translation of my real last name with the tone mark removed since Fox has implications of deviousness in the language. As in English, but more so.

I've never understood the abortion thing, for me it's pure speciesism which is to say bigotry. If a blastocyst is sacred then a guppy is more so, having an actual mind, and a cat or dog should be protected by the same laws as people. Makes no sense to me that someone months away from self-awareness is in any way an object of reverence. Sad that someone like Joe Cao would cast a bad vote over what is clearly a religious belief.

Yeah HCR is going to cost money. So what. HC costs a lot of money already and it's going to cost a LOT more without economies of scale and standardization. What nobody talks about is the other side of the revenue equation, that money will be saved in other places not on the same budget books, like less absenteeism and fewer emergency room visits and expensive diseases cheaply nipped in the bud.

Posted by: Noacoler | April 16, 2010 1:36 AM | Report abuse

Nothing new in your pretensions of course, zouk. As long as I've been doing political forums there have been right-wingers making wild claims of achievement and success. The bottommost was one Uncle_Meat on f*cked company, even posted pix from the second Bush inaugural, tracked instantly down to someone who actually was there; posted a pic of his Gulfstream, instantly tracked to their website; the joy peaked when someone tracked down that on the day his wife was her mother's funeral he was trolling frantically all day. She'd left him, probably for all the time he spent traipsing after me from board to board.

It's called the Capitalista Troll and it's generic as brown clay. Yawn.

People of great achievement don't invest majorities of their lives bugging strangers.

People of great wealth take time to enjoy its fruits. Doing thinks like, you know, tourism to exotic places like (shade your eyes, "foreign grammar marks" ahead) Việt Nam.

Speak any foreign languages, zouk? I speak three. Got any friends? I have a few. Got any respect? I have a little. Like anyone? Oh, yeah, a sarcastic idiot public figure who abandoned her post for money.

Got a life? No, you don't.

Posted by: Noacoler | April 16, 2010 1:23 AM | Report abuse

Zouk, you really don't understand why nobody believes your extravagant claims?  Really?  That's astonishing.

First of all, zouk, you claim to be a super achiever in a position requiring strong analytical skills, and despite 365 days a year here you have never once shown even the dreary reasoning abilities of an armpeg or a leapin.  This is a glaring contradiction.

Second, you exhibit the emotional maturity of a fifth-grader who sees a shrink three days week.  The nicknames, the obsessing over strangers, the feminizing and diminutive name-calling, the gross-out stuff about crickets and leeches and itchy diseases .. there is no way someone as bent with hate could work with others, or who could get clients working as a consultant.

Third, you claim a career / family / hobby and obviously have no time for any of them, even a hobby.  I don't spend a tenth the time you do on this board but even so it cuts into my hobby (physics).  You maintain at least a dozen monikers on here.  To paste-post pages and pages of pithy screeds requires gathering them, which means you are seriously invested in this blog (!), NOT the life of someone who has other pursuits.

It just doesn't compute.

And, topping it all, you are seriously disturbed, D-ward material if I ever saw one.  The hate and derision just drips from your posts.  You are in no way a happy or well-adjusted person, you are very sick.  If you are not hospitalized now you certainly have been before.

I'm doing pretty well, I could stop working most anytime, I don't claim millions or being at the pinnacle of my industry nor do I claim a townhouse across from the Supreme Court .. but I can compose a post with a little original thinking, I can get through a paragraph without going spa three times, I have found a little peace and happiness here and there .. you haven't.

Even if anyone believed you (nobody does) nobody would want to trade places with you.

And, cherry on top, you hope to step up to *professional* photography, not a hobby, but a vocation,  job that pays in a year less than pitiful software monkey me makes in two months.

You're a mess, zouk, everyone knows it, and yes I do think your pedophilia obsession is as much a projection as the rest.

dribbl.  ped.  pelooney.  berry.  chrissy foxxy.

Pre-adolescent.  All of it.

Have  nice seething life.

Posted by: Noacoler | April 16, 2010 1:09 AM | Report abuse

"It isn't going to bring down premiums - even the democratic Congressmen agree on that point."

It's pretty ignorant to argue that since the price of something won't go down, we shouldn't care about how fast it rises. Displays either extreme partisanship or a gross failure to grasp basic economic concepts.

Oh, that was 37th & O. Both apply.

Posted by: nodebris | April 16, 2010 12:52 AM | Report abuse

The Zero/Moonbat posted a webpage apparently belonging to the drindl. On the page, the drindl appears to be an appropriate and handsome woman of a certain age, without vulgar tattoos or weeping sores or other defining characteristics or traits we commonly think of as ugly. Then the Zero/Moonbat derided the drindl repeatedly in the manner of a junior high school aged would be sexual predator yelling obscenities at the girls walking home.

The Zero/Moonbat deserves much worse than merely being banned from this web site. The Zero/Moonbat deserves to be exposed, like that parish priest with a guilty secret.

Posted by: MoreAndBetterPolls | April 15, 2010 11:39 PM | Report abuse

37th

Cao was one of the Stupak bloc. Abortion was the only reason he voted against it. He said it was a bill that would help the district. But he just couldn't vote against his conscious. I do believe this is the case. I think his conscious was wrong, but I do believe he was listening to it simply because from a political sense, it was a bad move. But this was before the Stupak deal. I spent like 15 minutes talking to him about the studies on abortion being linked to health care and about the health of newborns, but his mind was made up. I told him that I couldn't vote for him if he voted against the bill, but he was understanding about it.

But I think he's sick of Congress. The gridlock was too much to bear. He hated the batsh*t Republicans who promoted the death panel or socialism memes. And he was by far the most liberal Republican in either chamber of Congress and that didn't win him a lot of friends. Also, he liked being a community organizer much more and that's still a job that needs to be filled here. And despite our differences, he's still got someone he can call on in me if he ever needs it.

And while his vote wasn't needed, I have to admit that it was a source of pride when he voted for it the first time around. To be able to claim a sane Republican as our own.

I don't want Cao to win reelection, and I don't think he will, but if he does, I won't be the least bit upset.

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 11:05 PM | Report abuse

Semi retired is liberal speak for:

no one will hire me because I am a moonbat.

Posted by: Moonbat | April 15, 2010 10:59 PM | Report abuse

... pays most of the bills...

As with all moonbats. Someone else pays. No surprise at all.

So we have established that you have hours and hours of time to fill every day. Again. No surprise.

And your main complaint about others?

Typical hypocrite liberal. No self awareness in the least.

Posted by: Moonbat | April 15, 2010 10:54 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, thinking about the kids puts it all in a weird place.

And it's not really anything to make fun of zook. It's just stupidly easy. I don't know what his life entails, but I do know a large part of it is putting in a great deal of effort in trying to get people on a message board to admire his intelligence, wealth, and sexual prowess. That in itself is just sad without even starting to get into the stupid crap he spouts or copies over and over.

Perhaps this place is just self-selecting for the most neurotic of us. For most of us, we have this weird need to follow political minutia. No one does that. We're the ones that went ho-hum when Martha Coakley lost since we all saw it coming a mile away. We're the ones who know who the hell Doug Hoffman is or Colleen Hanabusa or Gabrielle Giffords. I posit that no normal person should have a clue as to who these people are.

But if we are at the right hand end of the kookiness bell curve, I guess someone has to be at the tip. Zook is in a class of his own. Yeah, it's funny, but also kind of sad.

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

ddawd and 12barblues

hhhhmmmmm

Cao voted for that bill once

Posted by: 37thand0street | April 15, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

he's a sick, cowardly puppy, dawd... a sad case.

where is your resume, zouk, huh? tell us what you do... give us a link.

his obsession with little boys is real and very creepy... it ain't shtick. someone should report him... we know he lurks in DC.

Posted by: drindl | April 15, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

It's pretty weird as to zook's whole thing. I thought it was just shtick before, but the guy actually seems pretty disturbed. How he seems to come on here primarily to berate people. Like who does that? At least someone like armpeg actually writes something politically related, as asinine as his writings are. Zook will copy and paste the latest VDH drivel, but never gets into a political dialogue. The only time he actually uses his own words is to tell people how smart he is or how dumb everyone else is. I'll call people dumb, but that's a very secondary reason for coming on here. And if only that were the lest of his problems. His hatred of women, the fact that he stalks little kids and takes pictures of them. I dunno, I laugh at him, but I feel like the fact that he stalks children means I shouldn't find him funny. Kind of spoils it for me.

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 9:14 PM | Report abuse

I would be voting for Congressman Cao if he had voted for the Affordable Care law, but he didn't, so I can't, unfortunately.

But yeah, I can't see any Republicans I might vote for. David Vitter, perhaps??? hahaha

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 8:59 PM | Report abuse

It ended because i didn't want to commute to manhattan anymore -- tired of it -- 3 hours a day, total. Now I freelance from home, and my dear husband of 30 years pays most of the bills -- I am semi-retired and glad of it.

Now about you zouk -- you have stalked me and exposed that I worked for the Village Voice for 3 years, as my first job out of college, and then I worked for New York University, and then Time/Warner, and then a series of the most prestigious advertising agencies in the world.

And you? Where is your resume?

'so after your first idiotic post, you are really just masturbating.'

You would be an expert on this subject..

Where is your resume?

We are all still waiting.

Posted by: drindl | April 15, 2010 8:55 PM | Report abuse

You know, I have never voted for a Republican and I imagine I never will.

The Republican downside is so deadly and the upside, well it is either a crock of feces or it is.

But if I ever did....

I'd take a flyer on Bloomberg.

His downside is the same as so many Democrats, they are all the same,
that way.

But he seems to have an upside.
A real upside.

Posted by: shrink2 | April 15, 2010 8:48 PM | Report abuse

This is an important point -

If 98% of the black community supports Obama OK - you might be OK with that - but let's just say for the purpose of this thought, you are OK with that and the blacks are all supporting Obama because he is black.

The point is: there are few blacks left to go to the Tea Party Rallies.

Even if you are OK with the blacks supporting Obama based on race - then you have to be OK with any opposition group lacking black support.

So this charge that the Tea Party Rallies "are not diverse enough" is really really bogus.

It is the blacks who are separating themselves out by race FIRST.

Because I can assure you there is a diversity of opinions WITHIN the black community.

If there was a white President - or if the black community was polled based solely on government spending and taxation - perhaps one would have to take a poll from a few years ago before Obama was on the scene - one would EASILY see that the black community has A WIDE RANGE OF OPINIONS ON FISCAL ISSUES.

I'm not going to say that the black community would have the same break-down on fiscal issues as the country as a whole - however one is GOING TO FIND MORE SUPPORT FOR THE TEA PARTY ISSUES WITHIN THE BLACK COMMUNITY COMPARED TO ONE MIGHT SEE WALKING THROUGH A CROWD.

I believe this is reasonable and logical -

and therefore, to blame the Tea Party Movement for not having enough blacks and diversity is ridiculous.

Posted by: 37thand0street | April 15, 2010 8:35 PM | Report abuse

25 years of highly-paid marketing work

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Which ended promptly when Peloony took over. As was the case with millions of americans.

My question is, why do you vote against your best interests? Is it because you are so stupid? Or gullible?

Maybe it's because you are a fundie who has no grasp of reality, as you admitted yesterday. and also, of course, because you are deperately annoying, as you confessed the day before.

you are making progress moonbat. a few more decades of therapy and you may be ready for the mall.

Posted by: Comrade_Zero | April 15, 2010 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Bloomberg makes progress against a public employee union!

Is there hope for the future?

How sad, there was a time when unions
meant a great deal, they saved lives.

"Oh what will you give me?
Say the sad bells of Rhymney.
Is there hope for the future?
Cry the brown bells of Merthyr.
Who made the mine owner?
Say the black bells of Rhondda.
And who robbed the miner?
Cry the grim bells of Blaina.

They will plunder will-nilly,
Cry the bells of Caerphilly.
They have fangs, they have teeth,
Shout the loud bells of Neath.
Even God is uneasy,
Say the moist bells of Swansea.
And what will you give me?
Say the sad bells of Rhymney."

Posted by: shrink2 | April 15, 2010 8:30 PM | Report abuse

25 years of highly-paid marketing work
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I would have guessed much longer.

Posted by: Comrade_Zero | April 15, 2010 8:24 PM | Report abuse

There's Ddawd and drivl. hovering here all day, every day. just waiting to post the next stupidest thing possible. Not a hint of a life there.

pitiful creatures. I suggest you wander into your local neighborhood and try, desperately, to establish a real world friend.

It could be your first.

If not, CC appreciates the post count. But advertisers really are more interested in unique hits. so after your first idiotic post, you are really just masturbating.

Posted by: Comrade_Zero | April 15, 2010 8:22 PM | Report abuse

Obama orders hospitals to grant same-sex couples visitation rights

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 8:10 PM | Report abuse

cmon, zook. I got all sorts of pictures of random boys now. What's the next step. I want nekkid girls to tell me how smart and rich and interesting I am!

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

dribbl, you could not give it away if you wanted. you husband must be a castrated femme to put up with a hag like you.

All the evidence is clear. you have not had a job in years and you spend your entire life gathering, posting and distributing hate.

Everyone here sees it. do you?

Where did you go to college genius?

hahahahahahahahaha

If my photo looked like yours, I would click the "hide" button. Unless farm animals are your intrest scarecrow. who does your hair?

Posted by: Comrade_Zero | April 15, 2010 8:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: drindl | April 15, 2010 8:00 PM | Report abuse

CC - the relative intelligence of your bloggers is evident. No wonder Krauthammer laughed in your face.

Posted by: Comrade_Zero | April 15, 2010 7:57 PM | Report abuse

'Yet, Zouk has a family, a career, a hobby, a big bank account, a beautiful new boat, several houses, a wife and splendid kids, a travel agenda, a PhD, , no budget limitations for lunch, a research grant and oh so much more"

dream on, loser.

Posted by: drindl | April 15, 2010 7:56 PM | Report abuse

dribbl

for someone who is so key on being smart, we have never seen an inkling of anything beyond a high school education. Even your pitiful resume, which resulted in not a single job in over three years, exhibits not a single claim to any education whatsoever.

I know, I know. you learned everything you need to know from blogging all day every day.

Is there any wonder why this loser can't get hired by anyone?

Posted by: Comrade_Zero | April 15, 2010 7:55 PM | Report abuse

"I am afraid that in that venture, there is simply no hope for an imbecile like you. Most girls I have met prefer someone succesful, intelligent and interesting."

And you say you are 'married.'

If so, I wonder what your 'wife' says about using your 'son' to come on to wh*res. Just wondering. Most 'girls' of your acquaintence will tell you all of the above, if you pay for it.

Posted by: drindl | April 15, 2010 7:53 PM | Report abuse

Step 2, take pictures of random children in facepaint.

Now what, zook?? How do I get the nekkid ladees???

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 7:53 PM | Report abuse

At the end of that day:

poor ddawd who despite going to a no name third tier school in the middle of no where, still can't hack it and spends his days, well, blogging all day instead.

Yet, Zouk has a family, a career, a hobby, a big bank account, a beautiful new boat, several houses, a wife and splendid kids, a travel agenda, a PhD, , no budget limitations for lunch, a research grant and oh so much more.

Eat your heart out liberal loser. today I paid more to the IRS then you will make in the next ten years. And I still have enough left over to refuel my yacht all summer long. enjoy your pitiful existence.

How were those beans and rice today?

Posted by: Comrade_Zero | April 15, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

Wow, CC.

"You have gathered the dregs of society as your "regulars". your mom must be proud.

I have never seen such a dysfunctional and idiotic group of perverts and misnanthropes assembled in one place in my entire life. you could get a study commissioned on the twisted personalities who inhabit this place.

Posted by: Comrade_Zero"

and you would be the first.

Posted by: drindl | April 15, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

you get my drift?

but liberal women have much lower standards. Just ask Ped and drivl.

Posted by: Comrade_Zero | April 15, 2010 7:40 PM | Report abuse

Zook, teach me how to talk to girls, please. I know the first step, I set up a model mayhem account. Now what???

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

DDAWD, everyone here already knows you are a dense tool. there is really no need to proclaim it day after day.

surely you have something, anything, better to do with your pitiful empty life???

I suppose the act of creating a son is so easy even a moron like you could eventually figure it out. this is assuming that any girl, in a miracle, would progress past the just talking phase. I suspect that has never happened to a twit like you.

But good luck anyway. you are going to need it.

Posted by: Comrade_Zero | April 15, 2010 7:32 PM | Report abuse

OK FIRST - it appeared there was going to be a bipartisan bill - with Sen Corker of TN negotiating with Chris Dodd

Then Obama pulls out of the negotiations and says he is going to have his own bill -

ONLY Obama decides that in addition, he is going to try to blame the Republicans for supporting the Wall Street Banks - and try to make the whole thing a campaign issue against the Republicans.

AFTER going through BIPARTISAN negotiations.

So the Republicans go to the floor of the Senate and accuse Obama of cozying up to the Wall Street Banks, which is probably true - and they all have a fight.

GOOD GOING OBAMA.

Is there any other way that Obama can VIOLATE HIS OWN CAMPAIGN PLEDGES.

AND THEN you have Stern of SEIU making an issue with North Carolina Congressmen about violating campaign pledges.

What a complete joke.

Anyone who doesn't think this nation will be much much better off when it gets rid of Obama - you really need to re-think your position.

Posted by: 37thand0street | April 15, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA

RULEZ

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Wow, CC.

Posted by: Comrade_Zero | April 15, 2010 7:02 PM | Report abuse

This is an important point -

The point is: there are few blacks left to go to the Tea Party Rallies.

It is the blacks who are separating themselves out by race FIRST.

I believe this is reasonable and logical -

Posted by: 37thand0street | April 15, 2010 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Bahahahahaha

Ok, so lets run down the list of Republican saviors.

One of them is a backwoods hick who is anti-gay, pro literacy test, and a Confederate History revisionist.

And one appears to be as dumb as rocks...

QUOTE OF THE DAY.... Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) was asked for his opinion yesterday on the financial regulatory reform bill advancing in the Senate. "I can't support it,'' he said.

Explaining why, the Republican said one of his main concerns is that the legislation is "going to be an extra layer of regulation." Which is, of course, true. That's the point of the legislation. The financial industry went unchecked and nearly destroyed the global economy. That's why the legislation is being considered -- to bring oversight and accountability through regulation.

What was especially interesting, though, is hearing the confused senator try to explain how he'd like to see the legislation improve. (thanks to reader R.L.)

Brown left open the possibility that he could support a compromise.

"I want to see when it's going to come up, how it's going to come up,'' he said. "I'm always open to trying to work something through so it is truly bipartisan.''

Brown, whose vote could be critical as Democrats seek to find a GOP member to avoid a filibuster, assiduously avoided talking about specifics.

When asked what areas he thought should be fixed, he replied: "Well, what areas do you think should be fixed? I mean, you know, tell me. And then I'll get a team and go fix it.''

To clarify, when the senator asked "Well, what areas do you think should be fixed?" he was talking to a reporter who wanted to know what kind of changes he hoped to see.

Brown went on to say that he finds the notion of a Consumer Financial Protection Agency problematic because "it's more government." He added, "Is that good? ... If it's an area we need to fix, then I'm certainly open to it. But I haven't heard that that's the biggest thing that's problematic with it.''

Do you ever get the feeling that maybe Scott Brown isn't quite ready for prime-time, and that his service in the Senate is more humiliating than it should be?

Ok, Christie, looks like you're the GOP's only hope!

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 6:50 PM | Report abuse

Enjoy the next six years, Senator Feingold.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | April 15, 2010 6:43 PM | Report abuse

Cosign dd's 2:09 p.m. post. :)

Posted by: broadwayjoe | April 15, 2010 6:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 6:13 PM | Report abuse

bsimon1

Yes I have. My favorite is Summer Shanty.

Posted by: 37thand0street | April 15, 2010 6:13 PM | Report abuse

DDAWD

What is your point?

Obviously Doug Schoen is not using enough capital letters and spacing.

But besides that, he is right.

Posted by: 37thand0street | April 15, 2010 6:10 PM | Report abuse

How about on May Day that all statists get together for a D bagger free lunch party?

Posted by: leapin | April 15, 2010 6:07 PM | Report abuse

Hey look, someone took all of 37th's posts and compiled them into a single column.

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 5:39 PM | Report abuse

Tommy. is. such. a. teaser.

I hate him.

Posted by: margaretmeyers | April 15, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

"LI NEN KU GLE"

we pronounce it Line en koo gull. Or 'gimme a leinie'.

Of which I'd bet 37th & O has never had the pleasure.

Posted by: bsimon1 | April 15, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

There's a big sigh of relief for the Democrats. They're on a roll with Thompson saying no and Crist poised to win as an independent over Rubio...

Posted by: parkerfl1 | April 15, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: parkerfl1 | April 15, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

LI NEN KU GLE >

Posted by: 37thand0street | April 15, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Andy, I agree with you as well. This will be a tough one to obstruct all the way to the end. First of all, you've got people like Brown, Snowe, and Collins for whom it is not in their DNA to obstruct. They like to cross the aisle and at the very least, not reflexively oppose. Second, it's going to be very politically toxic to try and oppose financial reform (even if it is a crappy law) Perhaps in a non-election year and with a smaller recession, Republicans could have waited it out and hope people would forget about the poor conditions. That's definitely not going to happen this time. I think supporting FinReg will be a political winner no matter what side you're on (unlike HCR which I think benefits Dems far more than Repubs regardless of how much bipartisan support it got)
And with this political cycle, Republicans need to make the most of it.

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Good call Tommy. Thompson isn't bad, but Feingold is better.

Posted by: bsimon1 | April 15, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

"But what we can make sure of is, is that we are constantly present, constantly engaged, and setting out very clearly to both sides our belief that not only is it in the interests of each party to resolve these conflicts but it's also in the interest of the United States. It is a vital national security interest of the United States to reduce these conflicts because whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower, and when conflicts break out, one way or another we get pulled into them. And that ends up costing us significantly in terms of both blood and treasure."

In context that reads differently than "37th and O" suggests, repeatedly. It reads to mean that because we are dominant and must engage, we have a stake in conflict reduction whether we like it or not.

Case closed. :-)

Posted by: MoreAndBetterPolls | April 15, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

Yeah -- nice, dawd.

Thompson didn't stand a chance and he figured it out, that's all.

Posted by: drindl
----------------------------------------
Right again.

Polls of "Anyone" vs. Feingold.

"Anyone" is over 50%.

Posted by: leapin | April 15, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Pot ... Kettle...Black

Glenn Beck belittles the conservative website World Net Daily for their obsession with the "birther conspiracy". WND bloggers go after Beck as a traitor.

Here is one response which I thought revealed what goes on over at WND. And we thought the Fix was crazy sometimes.

" If Mr. Beck is so cock-sure Obama is a natural born citizen, he should arrange an independent comparison of the mitochondrial DNA of Obama and his claimed maternal half-sister Maya Soetoro-Ng. If they're not identical, he should eat crow; for in that event either MSN is not SAD’s daughter, or Obama is not SAD’s son, or neither is a child of SAD.

If they’re not identical, further investigation would be necessary to establish whether Obama is the son of SAD. This has been made more difficult by the cremation of the mortal remains of SAD and her mother, but it can be done by DNA analysis. If it's scientifically impossible for Obama to be SAD's son, any certificate that he was born to her must be false. But, even if born a citizen, it's very much in doubt that he remained one."

Posted by: 12BarBlues | April 15, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Or his "decision" not to run may have had something to do with his long-time extra-marital honey in the western part of the state; the widest know secret in all of the Cheese State!

Posted by: globalguy | April 15, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

DDAWD,
The more and more I read on the bank bill I think Corker is going to vote for this and everyone knows it. He got a lot of what he wanted and he also knows that this will sell well in four years when he can point to the fact that no big banks have failed and the regulations are working well etc. Tennessee is a pretty red state, but like NC and VA is becoming more and more purple every year with the population growth in Nashville and Memphis. This would help him to solidify his image as a guy who wants solutions, which will sell well in two years when he runs again.

Posted by: AndyR3 | April 15, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

Sen. Mark Warner: 'We're creating death panels'

Off topic, but I love the title, haha.

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Thanks. Now I just need to copy and paste it three times on every single blog from now until the end of time.

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 2:24 PM
------------------------------------
Interesting idea. If we all created such a post, copied it over and over again on ever thread, would CC block all of us?

Posted by: 12BarBlues | April 15, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Yeah -- nice, dawd.

Thompson didn't stand a chance and he figured it out, that's all.

Posted by: drindl | April 15, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

"I would LOVE to see him grill some folks from the bench."

What Clarence Thomas' performance is not electrifying enough? You know how the right feels about judicial activism. Judges are best seen, not heard. ;-}

Posted by: shrink2 | April 15, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Nicely done DDAWD,
Not that I think Feingold was too worried, but this should free up his time to focus on hammering out some legislative victories for the Democrats.

The Post had an oped piece today about Obama picking a politician to take over for Stevens on the court. If I could pick a politician I might just go with Feingold. He is really smart and has shown he can and will work across the aisle. I would hate to lost him as a Senator, but I would LOVE to see him grill some folks from the bench.

Posted by: AndyR3 | April 15, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

O

M

G

OBAMA

WINS

AGAIN

HE

IS

TEH

BIZOMB

Posted by: DDAWD | April 15, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

The least surprising news of the day. Of course, he wasn't going to run, and he at least was truthful in saying his family did not want him to run. His wife was never shy about her opinions on his running for anything after Governor.

Posted by: chicago11 | April 15, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse