Twittering the Briefing: Managing the Tax Crisis
It may only be President Obama's second full week in office but withdrawals of Health and Human Services Secretary nominee Tom Daschle and chief performance officer nominee Nancy Killefer today over tax problems have created the first real crisis in the new White House.
How does the Obama Administration deal with is first major adversity? White House press secretary Robert Gibbs will be the leading edge of the Obama response when he takes the podium today at 1:30 p.m. for his daily briefing.
Given the stakes, we'll be live twittering the proceedings today. To follow our tweets, you can scroll down -- where you will see the last 10 or so -- or sign up for our live feed on Twitter .
Latest from The Hyper Fix
- And that's a wrap. Gibbs did well for himself...no news created, no temper lost. A nice performance in difficult circumstances. about an hour ago
- And now we are into "Buy America" questions...Gibbs must feel pretty good. about an hour ago
- Gibbs has cooled back down. And the feeding frenzy has spent itself -- for today. He survives. about an hour ago
- Again, the focus of the briefing speaks to the problem with the withdrawals...Obama wants to talk econstimpack, he can't. about an hour ago
- @deaninwaukesha: "And FNC has a box 'Daschle out'". about an hour ago
- "Phraseology" and "tensing". NO WAY anyone could have thought Gibbs would utter either of those words today. about an hour ago
- "The decisions these nominees made were to withdraw." -- Gibbs seeks to correct record. about an hour ago
- It's official. Helen Thomas is not in the house today. She is fierce on Afghanistan and is nowhere to be seen on this back and forth. about an hour ago
- CNN not helping matters...Gibbs is speaking over a banner headline that reads: "Daschle Withdraws as HHS Nominee" about an hour ago
- @MarkWAdams "Hillary Clinton! Can she head up two Departments at once? ME: My wife insists ... Yes She Can!" WOW. Nicely played. about an hour ago
Posted by: leapin | February 3, 2009 3:49 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: mattadamsdietmanager1014 | February 3, 2009 2:36 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: alenka | February 3, 2009 2:17 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: leapin | February 3, 2009 2:04 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: mattadamsdietmanager1014 | February 3, 2009 1:29 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.