Twittering President Obama's state of the union address

Update, 6:15 pm: Twitter appears to be experiencing some troubles due to the overwhelming volume of people trying to follow our live tweeting of the state of the union speech. (Either that or the release of the Apple iPad.) So, if "TheHyperFix" Twitter feed isn't showing up in the post below, just go straight to the source.

Original Post

President Barack Obama is hours away from delivering his state of the union address to Congress and the nation, a speech his Administration hopes serves a resetting of his agenda with the American people.

The Post -- and the Fix! -- are all over the speech. You can find everything you need to know about the speech and the President's first year in office at our state of the union page .

That page will also be home to our live webcast -- featuring your truly and his eminence Dan Balz -- that will begin around 8:30 pm and carry you right up to when Obama starts speaking. We'll also be back on after Obama finishes to give a bit of post-game analysis on what we've just seen and heard.

During the speech itself, we will be live tweeting every jot and tittle of the proceedings (and, yes, that was just an excuse to use the phrase "jot and tittle"). You can either sign up to follow "TheHyperFix" on Twitter or scroll down for the ten (or so) most recent tweets.

Sign up. It'll be fun. Trust us.

Previous Updates »

By Chris Cillizza  |  January 27, 2010; 5:00 PM ET
    Categories:  White House
    Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: State of the union viewer's guide
    Next: First thoughts on President Obama's state of the union address

Comments

@nodebris: really sorry to hear about your wife. Best of luck to you both. But you really should not reveal here anything that one if these f3ucked in the head creeps like JakeD could use to get your goat, because they absolutely will. And CC won't do anything to stop it.

@Jake the coprophage: courtS martial and firing squads for what? Fir being gay? You're awesomely sick in the head.

And oh, busted. A lawyer who doesn't know the plural of court martial? Simply impossible.

Posted by: Noacoler | January 28, 2010 11:29 PM | Report abuse

Just to clarify my 12:11 AM post, I am not advocating "murder". The death penalty is not "murder." If we repeal DADT, however, we should go back to court martials and firing squads. If anyone has a question about that, let me know.

Posted by: JakeD | January 28, 2010 11:11 AM | Report abuse

Hopefully, nodebris is back taking care of his wife now (better than John Edwards did hopefully). It is curious how the Democratic response to GWB's State of the Union addresses were just fine, but now Republican responses aren't. Didn't someone below PRAISE Jim Webb's response? Was that delivered from the Virginia House?

Posted by: JakeD | January 28, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

End the influence of lobbyists -

Obama said that tonight but isn't that a bit of a joke after all the deals Obama made for his health care bill ???

He made a deal with the pharmaceutical industry

He made a deal on the "doctor's fix"

He made deals with lobbyists from health care industry groups so they would not run tv commercials against his health care plan.

He made deals with the lobbyists from the labor unions on the taxes on the health care plans.

All these negotiations were the polar opposite from what Obama promised during his campaign - and the complete opposite from what he said tonight.

Then tonight - he said he wanted a freeze on spending - then he proposed more spending.

If it wasn't so crazy and reflective of multiple personalities, then it would be comical.

Does Obama have multiple personalities?

Is that it???

...

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 2:08 AM | Report abuse

nodebris

I'm on my Yacht right now, drinking champagne.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 1:54 AM | Report abuse

nodebris

Your point would not be so silly if it weren't for Obama claiming that he wants to be so bipartisan, but being the most partisan President in 150 years.

Seriously.

Obama is a complete FRAUD - you are trying to say that McDonnell has a partisan audience - but you refuse to recognize that Obama's speech was so partisan that Obama was rude to deliver it.

Does Obama have any manners at all ?

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 1:51 AM | Report abuse

nodebris

I think they should get rid of all the speeches - and have Obama write out the State of the Union, in longhand, and then the television cameras can follow him to the mail box when he mails the address to Congress.

That is all that has to be done.

That is how Jefferson did it - good enough for me. And Jefferson designed that building that you were complaining about.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 1:48 AM | Report abuse

The President gives his speech as President of the United States. He happens to be of one party or the other.

The rejoinder is from someone who's only vital qualification is that he is of the other party. He isn't representing Virginia, or the Country. He's representing his party.

They SOTU and the rejoinder are not equal. The latter is a courtesy. I'm sorry you can't grasp it right now. But I wager you'll grasp and even aggressively defend the point the next time a Republican is president.

Posted by: nodebris | January 28, 2010 1:44 AM | Report abuse

Shaun Donovan was the cabinet member who was wisked away tonight - word is he was playing beer pong all night - and everyone had to drink everytime Obama said the word "I"

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 1:41 AM | Report abuse

jaked, you came back while they were still both here, and stayed while they were still both here, talking to both of them.

My excuse is that your vapidity and dishonesty are quite annoying and deserving of spanking, I have nothing better to do this evening, and I don't care if I'm banned for saying so, because this has clearly become a slum, anyway.

By the way, the "real life" that intrudes is my wife's diagnosis with cancer. I have and excellent job and excellent insurance, and yet this is a sincere trial for us. I think what this would mean for people of less means and resources, considering how difficult it is for us. I came here tonight to see what people think of the health care debate.

And what I find is Kukla and Ollie playing games with each other. Two sock puppets mouthing a script.

So honest disgust motivates me to respond to you, and leaves me cold as to your or anyone else's opinion thereof.

Posted by: nodebris | January 28, 2010 1:39 AM | Report abuse

nodebris

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about

The response to the State of the Union first started in 1966.

Thus, it is a tradition which both parties have taken advantage of - it is time on national television given to both parties when out of power - so there is nothing wrong with that.

Democrats have given more responses than Republicans.

You should be more concerned about the partisan nature of Obama's speech - how inappropriate it was.

The Constitution says - "Information on the State of the Union" - it doesn't say "Complain about the other party and act like a crybaby."

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 1:35 AM | Report abuse

Are you ok with the Democrats renting out the U.S. Capitol for their next convention, then? It's just a "nice room," you say. It's usually empty during the conventions -- I think that was one of your arguments why McDonnell's address in the House of Delegates was ok. The state capitol is just a nice, empty room in which to hold events, is I think the gist of your argument.

Posted by: nodebris | January 28, 2010 1:28 AM | Report abuse

Both parties were present at the State of The Union. Including many people who disagreed with the President.

Who was present at McDonnell's address?

It's a pretty simple concept.

Get it?

Posted by: nodebris | January 28, 2010 1:24 AM | Report abuse

nodebris:

As I said when I left, it was because of drindl and GoldAndTanzanite. In case you haven't noticed, neither of them are posting here anymore. Ergo, I came back. What's your excuse?

Posted by: JakeD | January 28, 2010 1:23 AM | Report abuse

nodebris

You started this discussion by making a big deal about McDonnell using the House of Delegates chamber in Richmond -

And you based your objection on some constitutional mandate that put the President in Congress - and that justified the President using the Capitol Building - and all the other elected officials had to be there.

The truth is no one has to be there - including the President - he can mail in the State of the Union address - as Thomas Jefferson did - and all the other Presidents did from Jefferson to Taft.

So the President doesn't have to be there, neither does anyone else - they are just going up there for fun.

And McDonnell - he can do whatever he wants - he can use the House of Delegates as he sees fit.

It's a national audience - and Virginia should be proud.

That is.... except for you.

By the way, Virginia is not a State, it is a Commonwealth.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 1:19 AM | Report abuse

Oh jaked, you take such comfort in the notion I might leave you. Like I so enjoyed the period when you claimed you were done and vanished to haunt other comments sections for a month or so.

Don't worry. Tomorrow I'm playing golf with and then riding on my yacht. Then a quick trip to Las Vegas, and a flight to protest in Cambridge. I may even move to California to vote Democrat. My life is ever so full, like yours.

I do appreciate your valiant fight to enforce integrity, though. I might even say I enjoy it. It makes me smile. Broadly.

Posted by: nodebris | January 28, 2010 1:17 AM | Report abuse

How much did you protest Bush's annual state of the Union?

If Democrats rejoined by staging a set piece in the Alabama House, what would the Republican rejoinder have been?

Partisan. Hypocrite.

Posted by: nodebris | January 28, 2010 1:13 AM | Report abuse

nodebris

By the way, the Constitution says "from time to time" so the State of the Union does not have to be done every year - it doesn't have to be done in January - and the guy can mail it in.

PUT A STAMP ON IT.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 1:12 AM | Report abuse

"I leave you to it." (11:57 PM)

"Glad life has taken me away." (10:50 PM)

Posted by: JakeD | January 28, 2010 1:10 AM | Report abuse

"Having the State of the Union as a personal address, in front of everyone, is not a constitutional obligation - so the use of the chamber is not constitutionally mandated or required at all - it is an option. So McDonnell is exercising an option to use the House of Delegates. So there really is not much difference between the two. You are talking gibberish, again."

Uh . . . ok. So, I should use your argument as a model of clarity, then? I don't think I can think like that. My fault. Sorry.

Posted by: nodebris | January 28, 2010 1:07 AM | Report abuse

I have never seen a President be so rude in a State of the Union address - I believe in other times, such rude comments to the other party would have been met with gasps from the audience.

It was really incredible.

Obama is not bipartisan - in fact he is HYPER-PARTISAN - he has been the most partisan President in memory, perhaps since the Radical Republicans in the mid-19th century.

The rudeness was completely out of bounds.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 1:04 AM | Report abuse

nodebris

Obviously, the President does not have to go to Capitol Hill to deliver the address - and therefore none of the other people have to be there either.

There is nothing wrong for McDonnell to have the address at the House of Delegates.

So McDonnell is exercising an option to use the House of Delegates.

So there really is not much difference between the two.

You are talking gibberish, again.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 1:00 AM | Report abuse

You mean you wished I were leaving.

I'll tell you what: stop pretending like you're entitled to the last word, and I'll stop pretending like I'm leaving, Kukla.

Posted by: nodebris | January 28, 2010 1:00 AM | Report abuse

I thought you were leaving?

Posted by: JakeD | January 28, 2010 12:52 AM | Report abuse

'Is "Thou Shall Not Murder" an ugly thought too?'

Then don't propose it.

Posted by: nodebris | January 28, 2010 12:47 AM | Report abuse

37th: "So your points are historically inaccurate."

The U.S. Constitution: "Section 3. He shall from time to time give to the Congress information of the state of the union, and recommend to their consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient;"

And this justifies McDonnell renting out the House of Delegates for a Republican Media Op . . . how?

I answered your question, but you guys do anything you can to avoid responding to the points you find troubling, don't you? Like McDonnell, you're all just simulacrum and set pieces, a Potemkin Village of a discussion. There is no honesty in you.

Posted by: nodebris | January 28, 2010 12:44 AM | Report abuse

Obama's speech tonight was the most partisan State of the Union address.... EVER

It was so rude to go before both Houses of Congress and act that way.

For a guy who claims to want bipartisanship - to even go for the elusive "post-partisan" - to make so many partisan remarks in a State of the Union address is shameful.

AND Harry Reid did not make sure Scott Brown was there - another shameful and childish act by the democrats.

Unbelievable.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 12:40 AM | Report abuse

Is "Thou Shall Not Murder" an ugly thought too?

Posted by: JakeD | January 28, 2010 12:36 AM | Report abuse

nodebris

You are wrong - the President is not constitutionally obligated to go before Congress for the State of the Union - in fact, Presidents for over 100 years from Jefferson to Taft sent the the address to Congress in writing, and the President did not deliver a speech at all.

So your points are historically inaccurate.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 28, 2010 12:34 AM | Report abuse

What an ugly thought.

BB

Posted by: FairlingtonBlade | January 28, 2010 12:14 AM | Report abuse

Good, don't come back then.

Back on topic: I actually agree that we should repeal DADT; let's go back to shooting homosexuals we catch in the military.

Posted by: JakeD | January 28, 2010 12:11 AM | Report abuse

@ broadwayjoe - It's simultaneous as the jump occurs in a vacuum of thoughtful discourse.

BB

Posted by: FairlingtonBlade | January 28, 2010 12:10 AM | Report abuse

Knew jaked would focus on the trivial technicality to avoid the huge blatant truth his nose can't get past. And the door won't hit me on the way out, because there obviously is no door to this slum, or riff-raff like yourself wouldn't get in and squat here, leaving it unsuited to respectable citizens. But if a cliched incivility makes you feel more manly defending your three square feet of dirt, have with it. I leave you to it.

Posted by: nodebris | January 27, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse

nodebris (yeah right):

Don't let the door hit you on the way out (BTW: the Vice President, also referred to as the President of the Senate in said Constitution, is a federal official elected too by all those citizens of the U.S. who vote; even Sarah Palin knew that ; )

Posted by: JakeD | January 27, 2010 11:49 PM | Report abuse

"Obama's speech doesn't count as partisan?"

Did you notice that the parties in attendance where there because they were elected or appointed, not merely invited or employed?

Are you aware that the SOTU is a Constitutional obligation imposed on the single federal official elected by all the citizens of the U.S.?

There is not Constitutional obligation for a random Republican to speachify before invited friends, in response to the President's Constitutionally mandated address before *both* parties in Congress assembled.

The nice thing about McDonnell's pantomime is that no jerk is going to yell out "Liar!" and everyone is smiling, applauding, and standing for ovations. That's how you can tell the simulacrum from the real thing, you partisan pawn.

Posted by: nodebris | January 27, 2010 11:29 PM | Report abuse

nodebris

Obama's speech doesn't count as partisan? Why can Obama use the House of Representatives and McDonnell can't use the House of Delegates?

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 11:01 PM | Report abuse

How do you rate President Obama's State of the Union Speech? Poll

Posted by: usadblake | January 27, 2010 10:53 PM | Report abuse

God, this comments section is nothing but a troll fest, 3 or 4 people spewing in public. Glad life has taken me away.

Posted by: nodebris | January 27, 2010 10:52 PM | Report abuse

As a Virginian, I am totally offended to watch McDonnell use the State Capitol as a back drop to host his staff and friends for a purely partisan speech.

Explicitly, he speaks not on behalf of Virginia, but on behalf of the Republican Party. He speaks, not to the legislature in session, but to Republican friends and employees he has invited. Our Capitol, house of the people, designed by the Thomas Jefferson, founder of the Democratic Party, is being used as a prop for one Party to advance its agenda.

This is purely offensive. I don't even care what he has to say, if it requires this kind of subversion to get it across.

Posted by: nodebris | January 27, 2010 10:50 PM | Report abuse

Patrick Henry.

Great question.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 10:46 PM | Report abuse

Patrick Henry.

Great question.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 10:46 PM | Report abuse

If Thomas Jefferson was the second Governor of Virginia, who was the first?

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 10:43 PM | Report abuse

I've never heard the governor speak before. I'm pretty impressed. I can see how he destroyed Deeds. Obviously he's full of crap on a lot of what he says, but he says it well.

Posted by: DDAWD | January 27, 2010 10:40 PM | Report abuse

McDonnell has a much hotter woman to his left

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 10:34 PM | Report abuse

Pretty cool. McDonnell will be speaking in the VA Statehouse, so he gets an audience and applause lines.

Posted by: DDAWD | January 27, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA DISAPPOINTS THE NATION

Obama said "I don't quit" which means he is not resigning tonight, ruining the evening for 87% of Americans, according to the latest polls.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 10:27 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA DISAPPOINTS THE NATION

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 10:21 PM | Report abuse

Zelda Rubenstein - the woman who played the psychic in Poltergeist - died.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 10:19 PM | Report abuse

"we all hated the bank bailout. I hated it."

When does this President learn if ever. The toilet overflows and you clean it out because you need a toilet. The banks had to be saved to provide lending. After all the trillions the bankers still will not lend since they want the large bonuses from playing roulette with the insured deposits. If instead of making the Democrats the party of Wall Street this President would have brought back Glass Steagall the banks would be lending and not creating simply another mess that will have to be cleaned up again. The job of this President was to make the banks work again.

"we extended or increased unemployment benefits for more than 18 million Americans"
    "Now, the true engine of job creation in this country will always be America's businesses."

Americans want jobs and there will be no jobs if American jobs are allowed to be sent to other nations. There is no possibility of a healthy economy based upon non exportable jobs. Either this President and the government stop companies from sending the jobs of the 21st century involving computer technology to other nation, or this President and government take steps to provide continuous food stamps and unemployment payments to massive numbers of Americans. There can be no jobs for Americans when American jobs are simply sent to other nations.
    .....................................................................................................................
    India may get $1 billion in IT outsourcing contracts
    Reuters November 23, 2009
    The newspaper said JPMORGAN, GOLDMAN SACHS and MORGAN STANLEY that received approval to pay back government stake worth $68 billion earlier this year are among the firms seeking operational efficiencies by outsourcing non-core IT and back-office projects to India.
    ..............................................
    IBM to Cut 5,000 Jobs. Washington Post March 26, 2009
    Officials began notifying employees on Wednesday and throughout yesterday about the layoffs. Technology services giant is in the process of shifting a large number of jobs to lower-cost regions, such as India.

Posted by: bsallamack | January 27, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Titus, my German Shepherd, fell asleep. Guess it was the pizza.

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 10:17 PM | Report abuse

Chris is really getting punchy tonight - first CNN and now Dr. Evil.....

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 10:12 PM | Report abuse

Will he ask, "Where is Joe Wilson?"

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 10:10 PM | Report abuse

The democrats are planning their routes to run for the hills - the staffers have the maps at the doors.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

# This war is ending and all of our troops are coming home." Prez O on iraq #sotu less than a minute ago

Obama thinks home is Afghanistan.

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Obama just announced that he is single-handedly starting a civil war in Iraq.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 10:07 PM | Report abuse

Even the dems are starting to get bored. Hurry up Obama.

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Obama is attempting to cover-up one FRAUD with another FRAUD.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

Obama is attempting to cover-up one FRAUD with another FRAUD.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 9:59 PM | Report abuse

OK so Obama just spent the last year doing everything he could to pass an irresponsible super-expensive health care bill which would have cost TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND EXPLODED THE DEFICIT.

And now he wants America to believe he is a deficit hawk.

Obama is a complete idiot - no one is going to believe this.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 9:58 PM | Report abuse

My dad says Pelosi's included former Rep. Tom Foley as one of her guests. Wasn't he the last dem to be speaker of the house? Does Pelosi know something? Bad omen!

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 9:54 PM | Report abuse

It's interesting. During the applauses, the FOX News cameras seem to focus on the Democrats' half of the room. It seems as if the entire room is standing up and applausing since the Republicans are cut out of the shot.

Posted by: DDAWD | January 27, 2010 9:39 PM

Maybe the republicans walked out.

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 9:47 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DDAWD | January 27, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Pro - Nuclear ? Ever hear of Three Mile Island ????

Pro-Drilling ? Ever hear of the Exxon Valdez ????

Cap and Trade ??? Ever hear of the fake data in the climategate emails ???

Where is Scott Brown ?? Did they stuff him in a closet ????

OH Yea Harry Reid won't let him in the door yet.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 9:37 PM | Report abuse

Pro - Nuclear ? Ever hear of Three Mile Island ????

Pro-Drilling ? Ever hear of the Exxon Valdez ????

Cap and Trade ??? Ever hear of the fake data in the climategate emails ???

Where is Scott Brown ?? Did they stuff him in a closet ????

OH Yea Harry Reid won't let him in the door yet.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 9:37 PM | Report abuse

BHO's doin' just fine. Our work is done here...

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 9:35 PM | Report abuse

Here comes the Obama Socialist agenda - capitalism takes too long - it is not the answer to your ills.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 9:32 PM | Report abuse

So I guess it won't be ribs I'll be eating at Tony Roma's?

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

The better the speech gets, the more the faces of the big ots in the room are about to go "pop." It's Joe Wilson time about now.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

Broad___joe

sorry not in the basement here - and you aren't on broadway either

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 9:29 PM | Report abuse

no TV here, luddites. do Biden and Pelosi still look like the couple in those Cialis bathtubs, as they sit side by side and grin at each other and the camera?
    would like to know.

Posted by: nancyjeanmail | January 27, 2010 9:27 PM | Report abuse

broadwayjoe, any basketball updates? My boyfriend just got here and he's asking. He brought some thin crust pizza. It's really thin. I think I can fax you a piece.

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Sadly the President's stimulus package will not reach 37 or "Frank the Entertainer" until they get out of their parents' basement.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 9:26 PM | Report abuse

Brilliant stuff by 44.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 9:23 PM | Report abuse

When does Reverend Wright speak?

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 9:22 PM | Report abuse

Suzy

If he doesn't show up, let me know.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 9:15 PM | Report abuse

Incredible. The 44th President of the United States...Michelle LaVaughan looks great, too...and O'Biden (as Phalin calls him even after being corrected over and over)

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 9:12 PM | Report abuse

Obama obviously cannot completely abandon health care tonight, but it’s a savvy move in making it more a broad goal of his entire term rather than the most important issue to tackle immediately. It must be about jobs, jobs, jobs.

Live blog...

Posted by: parkerfl1 | January 27, 2010 9:12 PM | Report abuse

Idol is on from 8 to 9. The State of the Union address is at 9. There was never any conflict.

BB

Posted by: FairlingtonBlade | January 27, 2010 8:51 PM
    ____

You're confusing them with facts and reality. Not fair. Let them return to the world of Fox "News" and Rasmussen "polls."

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse

The answer?

Darned if I know. But who cares?

Posted by: broadwayjoe

Just another job for the hazmat crew.

Posted by: jasperanselm | January 27, 2010 9:04 PM | Report abuse

The answer?

Darned if I know. But who cares?

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 9:02 PM | Report abuse

My math was challenged so here's one for you: Jake, 37, and Moonbat/Zouk all jump from the Empire State Building at the same time. Assume Jake weighs twice as much as 37, and 37 weighs 20% more than Moonbat/Zouk. Which of the three will hit the ground first?

Answer in a minute...

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 8:57 PM

Answer: Obama

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 9:01 PM | Report abuse

suzy:

Did the dog gets its pizza yet ???

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 8:56 PM

37, still waiting for my boyfriend to get here. He better hurry up. Cold pizza - yuck!!

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 8:59 PM | Report abuse

Answer in a minute...

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

suzy:

Did the dog gets its pizza yet ???

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 8:56 PM | Report abuse

So this is where fake 37 has been hiding. Hey coward? What's up? Having fun playing with pukey and jokeD?

Posted by: jasperanselm | January 27, 2010 8:51 PM | Report abuse

BB

Posted by: FairlingtonBlade | January 27, 2010 8:51 PM | Report abuse

No prob. Lakers 92, Pacers 76.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 8:47 PM

That's better! Please provide an update every five minutes. Thanks

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

Suzy

That is how broadwayjoe tries to give me a hard time.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 8:44 PM

37, could you inform his therapist? Thanks.

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 8:48 PM | Report abuse

No prob. Lakers 92, Pacers 76.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Chris

Are you so bored that you are mocking CNN?

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Suzy

That is how broadwayjoe tries to give me a hard time.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 8:44 PM | Report abuse

Go get 'em, 44!!!!

Up with hope; down with wingnut dopes.

34, 35, 36, __, 38, 39...

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 8:26 PM

Broadwayjoe, you've taken us from Obamacare to Obamamath. But I'm still lost. Can you please explain? If not, can you provide us with some basketball scores?

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 8:35 PM | Report abuse

Hi,Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,2010 New Year's gift you ready?Here are the most popular, most stylish and avantgarde shoes,handbags,Tshirts,jacket,Tracksuitw ect...NIKE SHOX,JORDAN SHOES 1-24,AF,DUNK,SB,PUMA ,R4,NZ,OZ,T1-TL3)$35HANDBGAS(COACH,L V, DG, ED HARDY) $35TSHIRTS (POLO ,ED HARDY, LACOSTE) $16 New to Hong Kong : Winter Dress
    --- NHL Jersey Woman $ 40 --- NFL Jersey $35--- NBA Jersey $ 34 --- MLB Jersey $ 35--- Jordan Six Ring_m $36 --- Air Yeezy_m $ 45--- T-Shirt_m $ 25 --- Jacket_m $ 36
    --- Hoody_m $ 50 --- Manicure Set $20 ... Company launched New Year carnival as long as the purchase of up to 200, both exquisite gift, surprise here, do not miss, welcome friends from all circles to come to order..,For details, please consult
    ........♫
    ....♫
    ..♪
    ........♬

...♪......♪

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Posted by: eyrtiuyoluerhyitertyutu | January 27, 2010 8:35 PM | Report abuse

Any chance Audra Shay, Marcus Epstein, Chip Salsman, or Dale Robertson will be given time for a response to the SOTU?

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

I see Zouk is back as "SuzyCcup"

Go ahead and watch American Idol and live in your little perverted hateful lives.

Just don't forget you and your ilk were the ones who screwed this country beyond belief and while progressives are the ones trying to clean up your stinking pile of crap repukes are doing NOTHING for this country.

Idiots with a bad case of celebrity psychosis.

Posted by: JRM2 | January 27, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Go get 'em, 44!!!!

Up with hope; down with wingnut dopes.

34, 35, 36, __, 38, 39...

Posted by: broadwayjoe | January 27, 2010 8:26 PM | Report abuse

Latest from The Hyper Fix

* Love those CNN=Politics ads. What do I equal? Fix=inane commentary.... 4 minutes ago

Mr Cillizza, at least you're honest.

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

Could somebody please get broadwayjoe to sign in? I need some entertainment during the speech. Maybe some basketball scores. Anything!

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 7:43 PM

OK. OK. I'll settle for noacoler or drindl if you can't find broadwayjoe.

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Let's hope that Obama at least says something new - he could blame Bush for everything.

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 7:48 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 7:43 PM | Report abuse

SuzyCcup:

No apology (let alone ANY mention that the stimulus bill was supposed to prevent unemployment from exceeding 8%). Instead, we are just supposed to "work through our difference, to overcome the numbing weight of our politics." LOL!!!

Posted by: JakeD | January 27, 2010 7:39 PM | Report abuse

Suzy

Obama would make the country happy tonight if he RESIGNED - AND THE STOCK MARKET WOULD GO UP 1000 POINTS TOMORROW IF HE DID.

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Suzy

Posted by: 37thand0street | January 27, 2010 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Cillizza, you mention nothing about his apology to the 17 million Americans without a job. Surely, you overlooked that.

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JakeD | January 27, 2010 7:31 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JakeD | January 27, 2010 7:29 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Cillizza, I'm so excited. I have the Sam Adams ready and my boyfriend is bringing over the pizza. Titus, my German Shepherd, is already sitting in front of the TV. He's getting two slices.

Posted by: SuzyCcup | January 27, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

And Congress should pass a bill overturning Roe v. Wade before it overturns Citizens United.

Posted by: JakeD | January 27, 2010 7:15 PM | Report abuse

Well, let's see if the Dems will work on the differences or not.

Posted by: JakeD | January 27, 2010 7:13 PM | Report abuse

Is Fox NOT pre-empting American Idol?!

Posted by: JakeD | January 27, 2010 6:54 PM | Report abuse

While you WaPo hacks are following Barry's snoozefest with bated breath, most of America will be watching American Idol instead.

Posted by: screwjob2 | January 27, 2010 6:47 PM | Report abuse