"Worst Week in Washington" winner: John Boehner

Despite a late charge by Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, this week's "Worst Week in Washington" winner is House Minority Leader John Boehner.

We write:

"In a fight -- and the Fix has been in lots of them (not) -- it's usually advisable to pick one guy to face off against. When you are getting punched from more than one direction, chances are you are going to lose."

Boehner's problem this week was just as he was fighting back against a coordinated Democratic effort to draw attention to his comparison between passage of the Wall Street reform bill to "killing an ant with a nuclear weapon" he got gut-punched by own side.

Former Rep. Joe Scarborough (R-Fla.) said the leader wasn't a "hard worker" while Politico ran a piece detailing tensions between Boehner and Minority Whip Eric Cantor (Va.) over strategy heading into the midterms.

You can read the full "Worst Week in Washington" Boehner writeup here or read it in the Outlook section of the Sunday Post.

By Chris Cillizza  |  July 2, 2010; 4:00 PM ET
Categories:  Worst Week in Washington
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Early campaign ads: Sign of preparedness or weakness? Or both.
Next: West Va. Secretary of State pushes for Senate special election change

Comments

The Hoakiness, Illegitimacy and criminals that work the whole government system in the USA are so obviously frauds, con-men and crooks that it is evident to the whole world and universe!

Your stench is audible all around the world and it stinks of Globullist BS!

I actually pray for God to give you your just reward and hopefully, that will be to strike you down instantly in your tracks!

May you be brought to justice by the blood of Jesus Christ!

Posted by: PaulRevere4 | July 8, 2010 9:37 PM | Report abuse

I post once the whole day and you stalk me to such a sick obsessive degree that you post an insult to me under two of your identities. Is that your whole life? To monitor this blog and wait for me to come on?

Posted by: drindl | July 5, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Ped and drivl. Are your lives really that empty? I see why you are brimming with hate and envy.

I conclude there is really no hope for you two losers.

Posted by: Moonbat | July 4, 2010 11:53 PM | Report abuse

Drindl wrote,
"Having a nice 4th on this blog, zouky/brigade? What about the boat? Lovely day to be out on the river, I just got back."

----

Got the ole inner tube patched eh?

Posted by: Brigade | July 4, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

Seen enough fireworks to last me, don't feel like driving highways full of boozers, having a nice day off with Mithrenifain the cat and the lousy macaws and 'toos.

Vacation is for relaxing, not seeing how much one can exhaust oneself.

Xin có ngày lễ vui đi, các bạn ở đây.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 4, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

Poor cannula. Must be sad to be such a hateful, shriveled up old man. Same with briggy.

And 37 -- at the rate he's going, he's won't be around long. dude, didn't you ever hear the eAmphetamine Annie?'

'Now she's in a graveyard, and she's awfully dead."

But at least he doesn't even try to pretend he has a life of any kind.

Posted by: drindl | July 4, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Note that 37th has been posting nonstop for over 24 hours straight, and over 3/4 of the vertical space here is his unintelligible junk.

You're not going to have much of a blog left, Cillizza. He's trying to drown out all other voices and since he's amphetamine fueled and unemployed, he's succeeding.

Why don't you have the Post legal department contact his ISP?

Posted by: Noacoler | July 4, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Dateline My Vacation-

Hey You Sniveling Panty Wearing Libs-

Howès Al Gore Doing for you about now? Good Thing the Gang o'9 had the Good Senhse to give Old Georgy Boy the Election- Gore is SUCH a misongynistic PREDATOR!!!
Rerpubs are such much better Presidents-
IE SLICK WILLY AND THE BLUE DRESS-
Just slither into the wordwork where yall belong and leave decent Americans alone!

Posted by: thecannula | July 4, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

@brigade,

Since it bothers you that I call you on your crude remarks, and don't call noacoler, let me explain it to you. Apparently you haven't noticed, but I only respond to the remarks you direct to me. I just ignore crude remarks you may have made to someone else.

If noacoler made crude remarks to me, or about me, I'd ask him to stop. I'd call his comments crude and offensive. Noacoler doesn't direct those remarks to me.

It's not my job to be the "manners police" to all the posters and no one would appreciate it. But when someone directs crudity to me, or about me, I do respond. And I point out those comments are offensive.

If it means a damn to you whether I pay attention to your posts, I would request that you moderate your language (drop the generalities, insults, absolutes, and stereotypes) and stop the sexual slurs. I have trouble getting past your language to understand your content. If your intent is simply to repel me, you shouldn't change a thing.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 4, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

broadwayjoe

You keep on bringing back your irrational fear of white militias

It has been pointed out that you are SPAMMING THIS BOARD.

However - this fear is IRRATIONAL - and you are showing signs of becoming PARANOID.

There are no white militias coming to get you.

You should not be afraid of them.

It has been pointed out numerous times to you that the violence in the innercities- and even the left-wing violence in Toronta has been far GREATER than anything the white militias have done.

So why are you so afraid ?

What is making you feel so paranoid ???

A great deal of people feel that Obama's platform in 2008 was a fraud and a deception - and they are going to do something about that - at the polls.

That is how things work - through elections.

All your talk is complete insanity.

And your sexual slurs are offensive as well.

You really have to learn to get along with other people.

AND that is basically the theme here: we have a situation in which the leftists have REFUSED - and just in the past few weeks - to get along with other people.

The leftists have caused a great deal of problems here - harassed, mocked - all to cover-up what Obama has done.

It is a disgrace.

Ddawd apparently has been personally insulted by a debate here - someone said he wasn't that intelligent.

Well, many of the things ddawd does say are not that intelligent - even though he might be on the verge of a PhD - it doesn't help the intelligence of some of his postings.

Instead of debate, ddawd wants to silence people who disagree.

That attitude is just wrong.

There is a group of people on this board - who for YEARS - have been trying to chase people away - not just in the past few weeks - but through harassment and mocking.

This latest episode is just one part of that effort - and it should be viewed as a part of that effort.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 4, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

broadwayjoe

That is untrue - and if you look in the archives - YOU have posted at the same rate for months and months and months.

Your comments are spam - for the reasons listed below -

This is ridiculous - you have violated the CIVIL DISCOURSE of this blog over and over again

After all these offenses, you have little right to say anything about anybody

Why don't you tell us how much support you have for the Bill of Rights - on Fourth of July.

or do you want to cry to Homeland Security that somehow the Bill of Rights should be suspended because everyone does not agree with your far-left agenda ???

You are one sick person.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 4, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Banned fake 37/Flowers, you have posted, non-stop, from 12:37am July 3 to 10:14am July 4 (today). THAT, pal, is spamming.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 4, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Ddawd

Yesterday you said you were submitting your dissertation "for review"

You are going to have a difficult time with that.

The reason is - everytime on here when you try to make a point, and someone disagrees with you - or tries to point out some facts which do not support what you are saying, you get really upset.

It appears that you can not take criticism.

THAT appears to be much of the problem here - INSTEAD of engaging in proper discussion and proper debate, you have taken the attitude that you are right, and everyone else is wrong.

So, you have taken it upon yourself to start complaining about other people - and trying to limit what they say.

That is completely ridiculous - and it is a character flaw.

Surprising because you claim you are in an academic environment.

It is sad.

You have to realize that the democrats have sold you a flawed philosophy -

And Obama has sold you a fraud in his 2008 campaign - everyone doubts whether Obama ever intended to do anything he said.

That was a fraud on democrats too - because you are left trying to defend what Obama said in 2008 - when Obama has long ago abandoned those promises.

You have to wake up and realize that you have been betrayed by Obama and the democratic party leaders -

Meanwhile - try not to direct your anger at Republicans - debate is a good thing.

You should never try to shut down debate.

And try to keep an open mind - you have alot to learn.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 4, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

broadwayjoe

You posted the same thing on two different threats - so by your definition, that is SPAMMING and you should be banned.

You have also done the same fear-mongering about militias before, so by your defintion, that is SPAMMING and you should be banned.

The rest of what you are saying is complete garbage.

In addition, you continue to post sexual slurs on a daily basis - that is OFFENSIVE AND YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FOR THAT.

Thank you.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 4, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

"Wow. Just looked at the first professor at "Glenn Beck University. David Barton from Wallbuilders.

Here is Wikipedia on him:

David Barton (born 1954) is an American white nationalist and fundamentalist minister and Republican political activist, known for giving speeches on behalf of Neo-Nazi and Christian Identity groups.

Blah, blah, blah.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 12:54 PM"
____________

Thanks for the knowledge, 12.

It seems we are seeing the Perfect Storm of Organized Hate: white supremacists, teabaggers, the Klan, the Minutemen, Palin, Ron and Rand Paul (long time icons in the hate community, Google "Ron Paul Newsletters"), Sharron "Right" Angle, neo-Confederate legislators (longing for the return of Jim Crow era literacy tests), and rightwing lobbyists and corporatists, all converging, not coincidentally, during the Administration of the Nation's first Black President, BHO.

History tells us politicians' appeals to this hate community do yield short term benefits, see Gov. Pete Wilson in California, but in the long run, America's changing demographics will defeat them. They know that so they seek some crazy strategy to deal with their lack of actual voters, e.g., voter suppression, unlimited corporate contributions to override the public's will, and other more horrible ideas.
___________

From Courtland Malloy, one of the veteran Post columnists that Fix oddly seems never to link to, or quote, on organized hate's alternative to winning at the ballot box:

"Imagine that the inauguration of President George W. Bush had sparked an explosive rise in African American militia groups. Suppose thousands of heavily armed black men began gathering at training camps in wooded areas throughout the country, devising military tactics for "taking back their country" after what they believed was an electoral coup.

Do you think Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney would have reacted to a black militaristic buildup as coolly as President Obama has to the phenomenal growth of white militias?"

Malloy's point (similar to those raised by Maureen Dowd and E.J. Dionne): BHO needs to respond to this madness and end the Jackie Robinson/Rope-A-Dope phase of his tenure. It's time to fight back -- no more triangulating, bipartisan-ing, and dithering in the face of this overt threat to our Republic. Let's get back in the game, 44.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 4, 2010 8:27 AM | Report abuse

That's fitting, briggy, since you're obviously writing for your butt buddy 37th.

And since when do YOU trade in facts? All I ever see in your posts is name-calling, either sexual or narcotic-themed. You make assertions, you don't make arguments, and you wouldn't know a fact if it but you on the nose. You and meth-boy are two peas in a pod.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 4, 2010 2:10 AM

---

Read your first sentence above. The very same stuff 12BarBlues excoriates me for but is too politically correct to notice in your screeds.

I always trade in facts and my arguments are watertight and impervious to liberal rebuttal.

Posted by: Brigade | July 4, 2010 2:25 AM | Report abuse

Not as strong as their connection to incomplete education and low intelligence, but pretty strong nevertheless

Posted by: Noacoler | July 3, 2010 9:25 PM
---

That's probably why the Republican party is known as the party of the rich. They're rich because they're stupid. Dems, on the other hand, depend on government employment and government programs because they're intelligent and self-sufficient. Makes sense.

Oh, and David Lynch directed MULHOLLAND DRIVE, too, a vapid, self-important film for people who like to sip tea, pretend they have good taste, and find hidden meanings where none exist. The bozo even saw to it that no chapter stops were included on the DVD, like lots of people were going to try to dissect it. But don't be too hard on the guy; his reputation among film critics is probably higher than that of Alan Parker, who directed your favorite movie.

Posted by: Brigade | July 4, 2010 2:16 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Noacoler | July 4, 2010 2:10 AM | Report abuse

DDAWD wrote,
"Brigade. Can you tell me how Beck and Limbaugh pull off the trick of getting really high ratings despite having no one paying attention to them? Also, how do Matthews and Olbermann capture our attention with having no viewers? Didn't Chris C say that Maddow is our hero or something? At least SarahPac can buy hundreds of thousands of her books, but I don't know the equivalent of TV and radio. Also, why do you all keep saying the same stupid stuff. Like not just stupid stuff, but the SAME stupid stuff."

---

I'll answer the last part first. My stupid stuff is meant for stupid people. Since you never couple your rants with any facts, I don't know what 'SAME' stuff your're talking about. I guess it's the same in the sense that it's not the usual liberal gibberish some of you toss back and forth.

If I may demonstrate the part about stupid people: I didn't say no one paid attention to Beck and Limbaugh, I said I rarely pay attention to them. Their high ratings indicate that lots of people pay attention to them. The posts here indicate that lots of liberals also pay attention to them---that's what puzzles me. Beck and Limbaugh love it; a listener is a listener, and sponsors pay for listeners.

I pay little attention to Olbermann or Maddow or Matthews even though they're on in prime time. You might ask the people who take the ratings why the MSNBC folks have so few viewers. I wouldn't know. Perhaps because they're hateful idiots. A lot of you here seem to depend on them for talking points. So someone must be watching.

Posted by: Brigade | July 4, 2010 2:01 AM | Report abuse

DD & 12: death fantasy?  What are you talking about?  Do you think 37th's arc could possibly have any endpoint but an OD?  You think he's going to snap out of it one day, stop hitting the pipe and spamming the blog and join the Hare Krishnas something?  Real you should get.  He's on a death spiral, he's up for days at a time, his mind is degenerating (can't even use contractions), and it can only end one way.  I'm not wishing it on him, I just want himto hurry up and get there so we can converse on here.

David Lynch directed Dune?  I'll need to check that.  Hard to believe that the same guy who did Eraserhead and Blue Velvet could have been connected with that unwatchable tendentious tripe.  That little girl telapathing "Wait for my BROTHER, Baron!" fifteen thousand fu cking times was enough to make me join a monastery.  What trash.  Worst dialog in the history of cinema.

As for the books, they're one-reads.  I think Herbert was an greatly overrated writer, the only thing I would keep is "The Godmakers," "Dune" was a college cult piece that does not hold up to a second reading.  Book and movie suffer from self-importance, nobody says anything like "jeez do I have a headache," every LAST PIECE OF DIALOG is towering with importance TONIGHT WE WILL HAVE A BATTLE THAT WILL ROCK THE UNIVERSE and YOU HAVE SHEATHED THE BLADE WITHOUT BLOODING IT.

Garbage!  Garbage!  Garbage!

Posted by: Noacoler | July 4, 2010 1:25 AM | Report abuse

Man

you all REALLY have nothing to say

All your posts are spent plotting against other posters - or writing about your hate.

Why don't you write about the topic at hand.

In any event, you are guilty of a complete lack of CIVIL DISCOURSE this evening - and as such you should be banned.

Banning has to be based on something other than your dislike of another's opinions.

You all are disrupting the conversation - another offense.

Surely you all can not be hoping that ALL your offenses should be overlooked -

While you spend so much time organizing a PARTISAN LYNCH MOB.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 4, 2010 1:00 AM | Report abuse

and agree with 12BB on the death fantasy. 37th doesn't deserve that. He's an internet troll. Nothing more.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 4, 2010 12:57 AM | Report abuse

MMeyers, excellent suggestion. By the way, living walkable distance to downtown is the way to go if you want to reside in New Orleans. Essence Festival this weekend. No parking. I was actually awake for like two days straight trying to finish what I was working on, so I passed out right after that. But today was fun.

Noa, are you saying David Lynch is a bad director? I thought he was supposed to be good. Although I hated Dune the movie. Love the books, though. Maybe this was just what I was told by college hippies. Kind of hard to ignore girls with nice bodies who wear flowery dresses. Dune is the only movie of his I've seen.

And yeah, we should campaign to get 37th's posts deleted.

By the way, here is my dissertation condensed down to one page.

Sorry if I sound a bit disjointed. Some girl thinks I have really nice eyes and thought I should be rewarded for it with free alcohol.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 4, 2010 12:48 AM | Report abuse

"Fix" holiday weekend (paid?) blog-spammers' motto:

"We never forget who we're working for."

OR:

"Your tax dollars at work." (?)

Posted by: scrivener50 | July 4, 2010 12:20 AM | Report abuse

"@ddawd, On a different subject, I wondered why the WH would suddenly talk about immigration reform. Posted by: 12BarBlues"

For Obama, Immigration reform is a freebee. He sends his message to Congress, "Please begin work on Immigration Reform." The dems send iot out to the various responsible committees, they start work. They can write any bills (one per committee) they like since the only thing that the republicans can agree on is they are dead set against ANYTHING the Democrats come up with they will automatically be AGAINST immigration Reform in its current state, and even IF the House can get a bill out to the Senate, 40 republicans can't be wrong and it dies in a filibuster. Obama gets to run on, "I tried to get reform and the Republicans wouldn't cooperate."

And he doesn't actually have to do much more than lift his expository finger in the speeches he gives pushing reform.

Win Win for him, lose lose lose for the Republicans.

Posted by: ceflynline | July 4, 2010 12:09 AM | Report abuse

@noa,

Without endorsing your death fantasy in your last paragraph, I agree that deleting the posts would be more effective than leaving them on the blog. After all, the real siren song for 37th is "It's All About Me".

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 11:51 PM | Report abuse

@12Bar: He won't write to CC because then he won't have an audience.  The guy is stimulated by seeing his own words "in print."  Sending emails doesn't achieve that goal so he won't bother with it.

He's just copying what he sees others do and thinks that makes him one of the big dogs.  Liberal write about racism, so he writes about racism.  Liberals say he should be banned, so he writes that others should be banned.  The guy is stupid.  Mind-numbing stupid.

Ever see a film by a really bad director, like "Caligula" or "Dune?"  The guy's noticed that other directors sometimes tilt the camera, but doesn't know why, but he thinks he too can look like a great filmmaker if he tilts the camera.  So you get junk like the opening to Dune where Viginia Madsen's face fades in and out while she recites the introduction.  The fading makes no sense whatsoever but clues viewers that they just wasted $8.50 but now have a chance to not waste two hours of their lives, they can get up and leave the theater.

Anyway, I don't think banning 37th is as effective as it could be if his idiotic posts were also removed; that way he no longer gets the satisfaction of being "in print" and the attraction fades away.  Yeah he'll keep it up for a few weeks but the reaction has to be swifter; he gets in a few posts, they disappear, he reregisters and does them again, they disappear, pretty soon he gets frustrated, gets angry, posts most than ever, they disappear, thenh the stress drives him to higher doses of his dope, his heart pops, he goes to the morgue, and we're done with him.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 3, 2010 11:18 PM | Report abuse

@noa,

I don't think we should discourage 37th from writing to CC about banning all his enemies. We could help by getting together a list of all the monikers who are 37th' enemies. We could put a post out there that all the people who would like to have 37th banned are going to be the subject of a formal complaint by 37th. People would volunteer their moniker, and we could keep a running list. That way, 37th would miss no one.

Good idea, huh.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 10:37 PM | Report abuse

@noa,

Are you serious? I wish I didn't know that. LOL.

There is something to what you say about the sexual obsession. Psychologists might say that where there is a lot of repression, there is a lot of obsession. Think of all those TV evangelists.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 10:32 PM | Report abuse

37th, shut up. Nobody wants you here and the moderators aren't going to listen to your copying what others post. You're to stupid to keep up. Just shut up. Better yet, hit that Tina pipe till you headrush into blackness.

@12bar: coprophgia is eating feces. Hitler was a coprophage.

For all their talk about others, weird sex seems to go along with their right wing. The Italian Fascist were a pack of perverts.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 3, 2010 10:21 PM | Report abuse

37th,

I think you should write an email to Chris Cillizza, detailing the names of all the posters you would like banned and the reasons for their banning. You could also quote long passages from history. If you notice, there is an Archives link on the left bar. This would give you the opportunity to put all your complaints into an historical perspective. Do not shrink from explaining in detail everything that happened in 2008.

Leave nothing out. Please do not spare any detail.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 10:15 PM | Report abuse

All the comments about Glen Beck are meaningless - and mean nothing to any political debate -

All these comments are SPAM.

12Bar - you are spamming the board, which is another reason you should be banned.

It is too bad you do not have something relevant to discuss.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 9:55 PM | Report abuse

coprophagia
-----------------------------------
To tell where I am, I don't even know what this means.

I was always taught to keep one's sexual innuendos as an innuendo. In other words, keep it subtle and lighthearted. And generous. Or keep it to yourself.

I don't understand the sledgehammer locker room language to people you don't know, and about people you don't know. Not everyone lives in the crud-land.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 9:51 PM | Report abuse

As far as I am concerned, If you are going to have a bad week politically, the last week in June/July 4th weekend is the week to have it.

Posted by: Digital_Voter | July 3, 2010 9:40 PM | Report abuse

No surprise that Beck is affiliated with a white supremacist Jew-burner. It'd be surprising if he wasn't.

I don't get it with the demographic formerly known as conservatives and the abnormal sexuality fascination. From Santorum with bestiality to zouk with pedophilia to Hitler's coprophagia to Brigade's bent imagery, the two are as intertwined as bullets and guns.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 3, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

@noa,

Far more interesting than brigade, is the Beck University. Check out David Barton. Wiki him. born 1954. Verrrrrry interesting guy. And he's the headliner "professor". I think we will be reading about this all over the place next week, since this has all the ingredients for media madness. White supremicist, neo Nazi headlined on Glenn Beck's new university.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 9:15 PM | Report abuse

The question was: why are you obsessed with Beck?
-------------------------
I'm not.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 9:11 PM | Report abuse

You're vulgar, brigade, prurient and disgusting.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 3, 2010 8:43 P
---

I know you are; but what am I?

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 9:08 PM | Report abuse

Does that answer your question?

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 8:04 PM
----

No. The question was: why are you obsessed with Beck? You found one possible explanation insulting but didn't offer any others.

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Between the pool and BBQ changing on the boat I thought I'd drop in and see what losers are wasting their lives on here whining about 37. All weekend instead if getting a life.

==

Let me decode the euphemisms

Pool = playing the nut for caseworker to keep the checks coming

BBQ = court appearances for restraining order violations

Boat = drunk tank

Have a great weekend, zouk, say hey to thShakiea

Posted by: Noacoler | July 3, 2010 9:04 PM | Report abuse

Well Brigade isn't the conservative contributor some thought him to be fir a few minutes after he showed up, but he does serve a purpose here after all.

He makes zouk and armpeg appear refined and tasteful by comparison.

You're vulgar, brigade, prurient and disgusting.

Typical conservative garbage.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 3, 2010 8:43 PM | Report abuse

Oh, excuse me, I left your second paragraph off because it is offensive, crude and sexually explicit. I was raised Catholic, educated in parachial schools, and I still find it distasteful to have to deal with people like you who find it socially acceptable to make sexual innuendo about people you don't even know.

Does that answer your question?

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 8:04 PM | Report abuse

It never ceases to amaze me how obsessed the left is with people like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. I consider myself a conservative, but I work days and I hardly EVER listen to either one of these guys--- not that I have anything against them.
--------------------------------
Do you have anything to add to the discussion about Beck University? Or this it?

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 7:43 PM
---

I think there was another paragraph, but that's about it. Do you have anything to add as to why you are so obsessed with Beck?

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 7:51 PM | Report abuse

--------------------------------

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 7:43 PM | Report abuse

Margaret

Very good point - you will probably have to tell him 3 times before he goes to a bar.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 7:24 PM | Report abuse

Margaret

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 7:23 PM | Report abuse

DDAWD -- you submit your dissertation and then you go drinking.

young people have to have everything explained to them. yeeesh.

Posted by: margaretmeyers | July 3, 2010 7:19 PM | Report abuse

That's because Beck's shrewd at fleecing the sheep. These rubes are easy marks for a carny, 12 Bar.

I'm off to the tractor pull and then maybe polka lessons. Have a fun weekend!

Posted by: drindl | July 3, 2010 12:49 PM

-----
Wow. Just looked at the first professor at Glenn Beck University. David Barton from Wallbuilders.

Here is Wikipedia on him:

Blah, blah, blah.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 12:54 PM

---

So why should it be that the liberals who post here hang on their every word and follow their every move? Is it some sort of sexual thing---the nasty thrill, like with Chris Matthews, of being drawn to "the other"? I don't give a hoot what Chris or Keith Olbermann or Rachel Maddow are up to. Maybe it's just because liberal pundits have no audience and libs worry that Limbaugh and Beck are reaching too many people. Or maybe Drindl really does fantasize about being the cheese in a Beck-Limbaugh sandwich.

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 7:18 PM | Report abuse

Let's just pause for a few quotes:

“I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.”

--Candidate Barack Obama, Sept. 12, 2008

“If your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime. I repeat: not one single dime.”

--President Barack Obama, Feb. 24, 2009

"It is not about the color of one's skin, but the content of their character"

- Martin Luther King

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 7:10 PM | Report abuse

The procedural vote passed 215-210 with no Republicans voting in favor and 38 Democrats crossing the aisle to vote against deeming the faux budget resolution passed.

Never before -- since the creation of the Congressional budget process -- has the House failed to pass a budget, failed to propose a budget then deemed the non-existent budget as passed as a means to avoid a direct, recorded vote on a budget, but still allow Congress to spend taxpayer money.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 4:13 PM

----

This is how the Dems operate, at least until November. But you won't hear any of the bootlickers complain as long as money gets wasted and nothing of substance gets done.

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 7:01 PM | Report abuse

12Bar and ddawd

Again - after being warned - you two engaged in an exchange with was in violation of the "Civil Discourse" rules.

The problem here is that you two refuse to get along with other people.

If you do not like someone's views, you want to ignore them, or get rid of them.

THAT attitude disrupts the board.

You two have stamped your feet, acted like children - acted like a bunch of 8 year olds in a clique - and "cried to mommy"

Your boycott was a disruption to the discussion - and lacked any civil behavior.

And - even after breaking your own boycott - you come back to the blog and CONTINUE THE SAME CHILDISH BEHAVIOR.

It is unbelievable

You broke your own boycott - that means you don't get to make the rules now.

I can not see ANY REASON WHY YOUR CONDUCT SHOULD NOT LEAD TO YOU TWO BEING BANNED.

Now - back to the discussion.

Obama's lack of experience and qualifications - made him unable to make sure the Safety inspections were conducted on the oil rigs in the Gulf

Which led to the Oil Spill

If you voted for Obama - then it is your fault too.

And yet you seek to SILENCE people who say this - EVEN WHILE THE OIL STILL GUSHES.

You are takeing part in a cover-up - seeking to HIDE HOW IRRESPONSIBLE YOU HAVE BEEN.

You can talk about the trillion dollar deficit

Or how much interest the country will have to pay on Obama's debt

Or how Obama messed up the stimulus

Or how Obama has been the worst President since Buchanan.

There are so many things you can talk about.

And yet all you insist on doing is showing hostility toward other posters.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 6:29 PM | Report abuse

ddawd

You are lying ..... again. The boycott started after - the boycott started on Tuesday

Why won't you stick to your own boycott ??

NOW you are changing what the boycott is all about ?

In any event, ddawd, your threats are a violation of "civil discourse" - and therefore you should be banned.

It is not right that you have had so many offenses, but yet you haven't been banned yet.

Threats and intimidation - inciting other posters to join a boycott - all those are violations against the civil discourse.

You have disrupted the discussion.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 6:12 PM | Report abuse

yup yup. It's weird. I submitted my dissertation, for review. So I've got absolutely nothing to do. It's a weird feeling.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 3, 2010 5:24 PM | Report abuse

But email Chris with this suggestion.
----------------------------------------
Whoooooooooooooooops! DDAWD!

You slipped up and talked about the ecret-say email-ay ist-lay. Ummy-Day up-say.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 5:18 PM | Report abuse

I think the best solution would be to delete the banned poster's posts when banning him.

But email Chris with this suggestion.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 3, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

@ddawd,

The only problem is that he won't stay banned. I have never trusted someone who can't be insulted. That indicates something so seriously wrong with character, I can't quite describe it.

As a previous poster used to said, our gracious host has told us repeatedly to ignore spammers and trolls. He just never warned us it would be so hard to navigate around all the poop piles. I wish CC would give us a hand with the pooper.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

37th, we wanted you banned and you were banned. You don't continue a boycott after you get what you want.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 3, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Anyone who talked about organizing a boycott - anyone who threatened Chris with organizing a mass boycott - or joining such a boycott - IS GUILTY OF DISRUPTING THE DISCUSSION on this board.

And they are all guilty of violating the "Civil Discourse" on this board.

Everyone who joined the boycott should be banned - the boycott disrupted the board

- and they could not even hold to their own boycott.

It is pretty simple - the boycotters should all be banned for violating the Civil Discourse and disrupting the discussion.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Gotta feel for Paraguay. They played their hearts out. Spain is just too talented.

For all the South America talk, only one SoAm team left, Uruguay and three European teams.

Wednesday is the Germany/Spain game. Should be a good one.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 3, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

Obama and Pelosi are at the HEIGHT OF UNPREDENTED BUDGET IRRESPONSIBILITY

A fake budget gets "deemed passed" so the democrats can continue to spend money.

You can not make this stuff up.....

____________________________________

House passes OBAMA'S FAKE BUDGET

Last night, as part of a procedural vote on the emergency war supplemental bill, House Democrats attached a document that "deemed as passed" a non-existent $1.12 trillion budget. The execution of the "deeming" document allows Democrats to start spending money for Fiscal Year 2011 without the pesky constraints of a budget.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

The polls say that on the immigration issue - 70% of the country does NOT want to give AMNESTY.

Clearly, Obama is out of step with the entire nation.

This is just ANOTHER EXAMPLE of how Obama and the democrats are seeking to change America - this time by legalizing MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS.

The AMERICAN PEOPLE WANT TO TAKE THEIR NATION BACK.

This is just another way Obama is trying to FORCE HIS FAR LEFT WING VIEWS ON THE REST OF THE COUNTRY.

The democrats do not care - they are misguided - and have no idea what they are talking about.

Clearly, the violence continues - the border patrol is overwhelmed.

Leaving the border OPEN LIKE OBAMA HAS DONE IS AN IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE.

Obama took an oath to enforce the laws of the nation - AND OBAMA IS PURPOSELY NOT ENFORCING THE IMMIGRATION LAWS.

Just like Obama waived all those environmental reviews on the hundreds of oil rig permits.

It is a disgrace.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

As I suspected, the trilogy of stooges

drivl
The Ped
and
ddunce.

Posted by: Moonbat | July 3, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

Moderators

The posts about Glen Beck is spam - they keep on repeating themselves - and making hostile comments.

Noacoler is a banned posters - please ban him again and delete all his posts.

And please ban the posters who do not engage in "CIVIL DISCUSSION" - which includes telling everyone who they will talk to, and who they won't, like they are a clique of 8 years old girls.

High Schoolers are more mature.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, soccer is a terrible sport to try and multitask with. Gotta love the constant action, though.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 3, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

12BB, I think that immigration was simply the next thing on Harry Reid's docket. FinReg is running into some hangups, but that was the plan was to get this done and then move on to immigration.

Personally, I'd rather the Dems work on climate change before the end of this session, but it's probably too politically risky to do so.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 3, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

@noa,

Looks like ddawd has his eyes glued to the TV. LOL. Luv ya, ddawd.

Most interesting thing I've read in a loooooooong time, is Glenn Beck's University courses. See my posts starting at 12:40. If you just want to cut to the chase, wikipedia David Barton, born 1954. He's "professor" #1.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Moderators, 37th is spamming the board with junk again and boring everyone else away, please ban him again, and please remove all his posts.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 3, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Ddawd

What happened to the boycott you organized - and all your threats to Chris ???

The least you could do is stay away for a few months.

Coming back on the first day of the boycott - after the threats, the intimidation - the nasty emails - the STAMPING OF THE FEET.

Wow - ddawd - what are you doing here ???

The Great 37 in the Sky says that the boycott failed - and all the threats to Chris turned out to be meaningless.

The Great 37 in the Sky says the Oil Spill is still gushing - and it is still your fault for voting for the incompetent person - who should have done the proper safety inspections and environmental reviews.

NO RESPONSIBILITY - NOT ONE PERSON SAYS - I SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR SOMEONE WITH EXPERIENCE - SOMEONE WHO WAS QUALIFIED.

Now all the fisherman can not fish - and the beaches are empty.

The Great 37 in the Sky says WHY

WHY did you want someone with so little experience and LACKING IN QUALIFICATIONS ???

The fish ask WHY

The Pelicans ask WHY

The Crabs ask WHY

The turtle ask WHY

The Great 37 in the Sky asks why ????

Was it just because you thought it would be cool to vote for someone who was black ???

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

@ddawd,

On a different subject, I wondered why the WH would suddenly talk about immigration reform. Michael Sherer on the Swampland says that the polls influenced that. Apparently there has been a significant decline in approval for the President in Hispanic voters because of failure to address immigration.

The trifecta of issues: immigration reform, jobs related and financial regulation should play to Democratic strengths. They will bring the differences between the parties into sharp relief. I'm hoping to see more boldness from the Democrats in the near future.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

yeah, I hope the Dems make a lot of hay over this. With Republican obstruction of FinReg and now job creating, Dems could make them pay dearly. Especially with this unemployment stuff. Americans don't like being told they're lazy.

And it's been a Republican mantra that deficits don't matter politically. Maybe they are hoping this will be the first time?

Germany is looking unstoppable. 8 goals in two knockout games,

Posted by: DDAWD | July 3, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

12BarBlues

I am channeling the Great 37 in the Sky

The Great 37 in the Sky says that the Oil Spill is still gushing - and fish are still being killed - and the fisherman still can not fish.

The Great 37 in the Sky says the beaches are empty - and the people are hurting.

The Great 37 in the Sky cares about how many people will be shot this weekend in Chicago - do you?

The Great 37 in the Sky will show you the way.

Will you follow ?

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

@scrivener,

I notice that when 37th&0 posts, then you post. Is that so, or am I just imagining that? No offense meant.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA INVOKES TESLA, INVENTOR BEHIND MICROWAVE TORTURE TOWERS -- CODED WARNING TO U.S. FUSION CENTER FELONS?

• Indication that Obama knows the technology is being used by federal-local multi-agency "fusion centers" to inflict silent torture and impairment on extrajudicially "targeted" citizens...

...and that he's using his executive powers to bring those responsible to justice?

• American University policy address referencing American immigrant inventor Nikola Tesla a harbinger of an Apollo Project-like push to develop "scalar wave electromagnetics" as a source of cheap, inexhaustible energy?

For the rest of the story:

http://nowpublic.com/world/obama-invokes-tesla-inventor-behind-microwave-torture-towers OR
http://NowPublic.com/scrivener (lede articles and links therein)

Posted by: scrivener50 | July 3, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

12BarBlues

Again and again, you are being requested to be "civil" in your discourse

Instead, you remain hostile - and lacking in substance.

It is sad for a person who said they would be boycotting the blog.

The Great 37 in the Sky says you have to take responsibility for the Oil Spill.

The Great 37 in the Sky says you are responsible for putting the incompetent Obama into office - and you are responsible for the trillion dollar deficit.

How much interest is that going to cost the country ?

Is it 30 Billion a year, every year until its paid off ? - and then another 30 Billion a year, every year until its paid off ?

Is it possible that JUST THE INTEREST ON OBAMA'S DEBT WILL BE OVER $100 BILLION PER YEAR - FOREVER ???

Forever ????

That does not include Obama's health care bill deficit.

WOW -

The Great 37 in the Sky says "Take some Responsibility"

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Why are you addressing ddawd and me? Why don't you address armpeg? That would be fun wouldn't it? Stay with your peeps, not the dreaded boycotters. You can easily convince your peeps of the truthiness of everything you write. Think of that! It's be like going down in maple syrup for the third time.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse

12Bar and Ddawd

The country gets it - even if you two prefer to continue with your deceptions.

The democrats tried to load up the unemployment bill with a whole bunch of PORK

They thought they had a PORK GRAVY TRAIN LEAVING THE STATION, SO THEY LOADED IT UP.

So, now the democrats are being asked TO CUT SOME WASTEFUL SPENDING IN ORDER TO PAY FOR THE UNEMPLOYMENT BILL.

In fact, the democrats have KNOWN the situation with the unemployment bill the whole time - but instead of making a fair deal - the DEMOCRATS PREFER TO PLAY POLITICS.

JUST another way Obama has been going back on his campaign pledges.

Ouch.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

37th daily mantra:

whine...it's all about me...whine.
-------------------------------
I could set this to music if I gave a sh*t.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

12BarBlues

Keep on not reading - you seem to have understood the posts quite well for not reading them.

In any event, the real issue is whether you have engaged in "CIVIL DISCOURSE" or not.

And you have not been civil - you joined in with a group of people to issue boycott threats - if you didn't get your way.

You said you were boycotting, and now you are back.

NONE of that is civil - quite the opposite.

AND you send out a bunch of hostile posts - which are contrary to the benefit of the "discussion."

Most of us are here to discuss politics - not go on some witch hunt about someone who Glen Beck knows - it is pretty irrelevant.

Meanwhile, the democrats STILL have an incompetent person in office - and the OIL IS STILL GUSHING OUT AT SOME UNBELIEVABLE RATE.

The democrats are responsible for this situation.

The democrats still do not want to do anything about violence in the inner cities - no responsibility no nothing.

That violence is serious, ongoing threat to American citizens. The democrats - judging from their comments here - do not care.

The democrats rather spread some FEAR that the Tea Party MIGHT become violent. Rather than concentrate on the REAL violence -

Anyway - YOU should be banned for a lack of "civil discourse" Even today you are hostile - and are not engaging properly and nicely in the discussion here on this board.

You have to play nice with the other children.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

I agree about Sen. Stabenow. Have the unemployment checks already been cut? Are the unemployed right now as we speak, going without any money?

I don't know if you watched the entire Angle/Ralston interview, but I did. Somewhere toward the end, there was a video clip of her standing in her rather well appointed house, talking about the unemployed being spoiled. Some of the unemployed are living in their cars, if they are lucky enough to have a car. Now, more will be homeless. I wondered what Angle would be saying if she lived in her car, and some critical politician was living in her house.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

12BB, he is probably on the Baton Rouge campus. My LSU campus is just health sciences.

Debbie Stabenow is my favorite Senator at the moment. No one has been as vociferous as framing the job situation as an emergency. At it really is. That's why the Republican obstructionism is disgusting. It's fine for 37th and Brigade to parrot Sean Hannity on here, but for the people who actually matter to do so is really sickening.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 3, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Heard of him?

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

@ddawd,

Glenn Beck has three "professors" in his Beck University online courses. Courses, that he is selling, of course, having to do with the merging of religion, history and politics.

Of the three, only the last seems to actually have enough credentials to claim to be a professor. He is James R. Stoner, Jr., is Professor of Political Science at Louisiana State University. Heard of him.

The first one is some kind of weirdo white nationalist, who has spoken to Nazi organizations. See my prior posts for details on him.

The second is an LDS fellow churchmember guy, who sells motivational lectures. Right.

The lectures are Faith 101, Hope 101, Charity 101. Followed up by the tremendously creative course titles, Faith 102, etc. And again, by Faith 103, etc. Of course there is a charge for the courses, but the charge seems to be hidden from public view on his website.

The course numbering certainly leaves a lot of room for growth: Faith 104, etc, to say nothing of Faith 201, etc. Bwahahaha!!!!!!

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

ddaaaaaaaaaaaaawd,

Glad to see you son. I thought I was going to be subjected the the chinese water torture of 37th whining again about the conspiracy of secret emailers. And how they are out to shut him up. As if that were possible.

Not that we aren't a secret cabal, Bwhahahahahaha!!! Never deny anything that makes you more interesting, eh?

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

Are you sure about that? ... Cordially, H. "Gee" Wells, (somewhere in November, 2012).

Posted by: deepthroat21 | July 3, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

"However, Keynesian economics have been abandoned by much of Europe already.

It matters WHAT the money is spent on"

And how are the European countries doing.

And it matters a little, not a lot.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 3, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

37th,

Now that you've been joined by your not-so-favorite Igor, armpeg, the two of you can stimulate each other. Now, armpeg isn't quite up to 37th' far more sophisticated political analysis (am I not the master of understatement?), but since 37th has run everyone else off, you have to take "what ya gets".

One thing you could say about armpeg, I'll bet he's malleable. [dash to the dictionary]

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Consider yourself boycotted. I'm boycotting you. Get it? I don't read your posts because a simple 2 second glimpse is enough to see that you are repeating one of your favorite rants (racism, violence in the inner cities, secret email campaign, complete incompetence of Obama, affirmative action. Have I left anything out?)

When you dup-post enough, no one can read the blog, so everyone else leaves the blog. Get it?

So, go ahead. Dup-post the hell out of this place, and you will get your wish. There will be no one on here but you. And you will win. Get it? Win. Isn't that what it's all about, for you? And to think you have the ability to win, all in your own keyboard. You can do it, 37th. Just type, post and repost.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

Worst week in DC this week?
Comrade Barack Obama.

The most accurate poll has always been the Rasmussen Poll (the reason the far left wing Prima Donna poofters here always try to dismiss it as supposedly inaccurate) which just had Comrade Obama's approval rating at 42%.
Consitering that this incompetent dope started at about 75% at the beginning of his term just 18 months ago; the fact that the Main Stream Media is still in his hip-pocket and are trying their best to spin and censor all the news to cover up for him, and the fact that his tribal members still support him by 91% despite his screw ups of 75 days of an oil spill he let get out of hand with his incompetence, a bad economy he caused with his Communist policies, and an unemployment rate so bad it's being compared to the Great Depression (again due to his Communist policies), and you have a really, really bad week for Comrade Obama.
Take away his tribal members support--which he'll get even if he continues to govern like Idi Amin, Adolph Hitler, or Joe Stalin--and his support is near 30%. Now THAT is a BAD WEEK!!!

Posted by: armpeg | July 3, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

12Bar

You said you were boycotting - so boycott

WHAT is the point of this whole conversation here -

YOU want to slam Glen Beck for this person - which will slam Fox News - which will SMEAR THE WHOLE REPUBLICAN PARTY?

So are you trying to say that MILLIONS OF REPUBLICANS have done something wrong - or there is something wrong with their philosophy because of one person who Glen Beck puts in somewhere ????

It makes no sense.

AND wikipedia has a reputation for opponents posting false information about people - for all we know, you posted the wiki entry.

THE POINT is the democrats are just trying to SMEAR AND STEROTYPE.

The democrats on this blog KNOW PERFECTLY WELL THAT MILLIONS OF REPUBLICANS DO NOT AGREE WITH THE EXTREME VIEWS OF THIS ONE PERSON - IF IN FACT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS TRUE.

So, your smears are ridiculous - and it appears you are digging really deep to get to your SMEAR.

So, stand on Obama's policies - TRY to justify WHY OBAMA NEVER CLEANED UP THE MINERALS MANAGEMENT SERVICE.

WHY WERE THOSE 100s OF PERMITS ISSUED WITHOUT ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEWS.

Defend your guy - Obama who has messed up the stimulus, messed up the oil spill, messed up everything.

Obama has NOT done one thing right.

AND if you want to say the health care plan is right, it isn't - it has to be repealed and replaced with something far less expensive.

The democrats have become the party of fools.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

U.S. FUSION CENTER OPERATIVES MOUNT MICROWAVE WEAPON ATTACK WHILE JOUNRO 'TARGET' DRIVES INTERSTATE HWY

Multi-agency government operatives endanger lives...

... use radio-controlled "anti-theft" option to slow journalist's car in speeding traffic while irradiating driver with debilitating frequencies from U.S. government's nationwide, covert cell tower- mounted microwave radio frequency directed energy weapon system.

For the full story, see "comments" to:

OR http://NowPublic.com/scrivener (lede stories and links therein)

Posted by: scrivener50 | July 3, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Oh, I know--

You don't understand. You don't agree. "Others have done worse. Whine, whine, let me in CC. You can't keep me out."

Thought I'd save you time from writing your next lengthy post.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

My wireless internet works from my yacht, thank you.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

A far more salient point is why are you here? You were blocked numerous times. You don't even have enough self respect to honor the wishes of the blog owner.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

cholly85241 comes on - makes one hostile remark - and comments nothing of substance so that anyone can respond to what she is trying to talk about.

12Bar - you claimed you were "on boycott" so why are you here ???

All the boycotters are guilty of a violation of "civil discourse" - and they should be all BANNED.

What kind of boycott is this - when they are all back - some in the first day of the boycott ???

This boycott ended up being an extremely low threat to the blog - in fact, the boycott lowered the fighitn - and caused people to be civil to one another -

That is mostly because the boycotters thought they were being watched - so they were being extra nice.

In any event, Obama's OIL SPILL is still gushing out - and Obame could have prevented the Oil Spill by KEEPING HIS WORD and making sure the safety inspections were done correctly on the oil rigs - by Obama's own people at the Minerals Management Service

THIS IS WHAT OBAMA APPROVED:

254 Oil Development Plans

226 Exploration Permits

ALL without the proper environmental reviews.

THIS IS OBAMA'S OIL SPILL

THIS IS OBAMA'S SCANDAL.

If you voted for Obama - and ignored that he had no executive experience and a complete lack of qualifications, YOU are responsible too.

Just as if you hired someone who was clearly not qualified to do a job, and they mess up that job - they are responsible - but so are YOU because you put a person in a position in which they were not qualified.

Democrats - take some responsibility for Obama - Obama won't take responsibility for himself.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Here's the tie of David Barton to the Providence Foundation:

Barton serves on the Board of Advisors of the Providence Foundation. I just followed this link, and there he is as a director.

click on Board of directors

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

Uh, it gets better (if that is possible):

In an article discussing Barton, The Nation described the Providence Foundation as "a Christian Reconstructionist group that promotes the idea that biblical law should be instituted in America."[23]

In Barton’s book The Myth of Separation, the author states his belief that Christians were the ones who were intended to hold public office. Thus, Jews and other sects were not allowed to serve as elected officials.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

Here is Wikipedia on him:

...his work has been criticized by historians. He has also come under fire for fraud after intentionally falsifying quotes by the American founding fathers. Barton was also criticized for speaking at white power functions, such as Christian Identity adherent and Holocaust denier Pete Peters' ministry, claiming twice that he "didn't know they (the groups he spoke at) were part of the Nazi movement".

-----------------------------------
education: He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in religious education from Oral Roberts University in 1976 and has no academic qualifications in history.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

I'm off to the farmer's market and then maybe kayaking. Have a fun weekend!

Posted by: drindl | July 3, 2010 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Hi, drindl,

Looks like it's just the two of us plus Brigade is gadflying around.

Did you see that Glenn Beck has opened Beck University courses on his website. Something about courses with experts in the fields of religion, American history and economics. Of course there is a charge, which I can't tell. But you have to be a "Inside Extreme" subscriber. The guy is a marketing genius.

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Same is true of zouk and all his million monikers -- I read his constant attacks on me occasionally, just for a laugh, but no matter the name, the 'content' is precisely the same old tired sh*t. He lives only to attack people on this board. Sad.

Posted by: drindl | July 3, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

why aren't you on your yacht, zouky?

Posted by: drindl | July 3, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

If anyone wanted to do a study on the long term effects of tanning beds on a person's brain Boehner would be a perfect subject.

Posted by: Nevadaandy | July 3, 2010 12:02 PM | Report abuse

Who or whatever this "FlowersOfPeace" is, is a joke.

Posted by: cholly85241 | July 3, 2010 11:34 AM
---------------------------------
You don't know the half of it.

Flowers believes there is a conspiracy of leftists on this blog, who secretly email each other talking points, all in an attempt to defeat Flowers. And why, you might ask, is Flowers so important, at least in his own mind?

As he constantly reminds us, Flowers has been put on earth and on this blog to singlehandedly "defeat liberalism, which is the source of all evil in the world, and will completely destroy all civilization and the United States of America".

Hence, the long duplicate posts with liberal (purposeful pun) use of ALLCAPS and exclamation marks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! because, don'tchaknow, then everyone knows Flowers *really* means business.

Meanwhile, most people just skip past Flowers posts without reading them, because "read one, you've read them all".

Posted by: 12BarBlues | July 3, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Who or whatever this "FlowersOfPeace" is, is a joke.

Posted by: cholly85241 | July 3, 2010 11:34 AM

Typical response from someone without the intellectual ammunition to offer a response to FlowersofPeace's posts. Spends way too much of his/her life in self abuse and face down in the pillow.

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

4:30 in the morning, cannula is up, frothing with racist hatred, posting here... sad and pathetic.

Posted by: drindl | July 3, 2010 10:31 AM
----

Typical response from someone without the intellectual ammunition to offer a response to cannula's post. Spends way too much of her life at Huffington.

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Who or whatever this "FlowersOfPeace" is, is a joke.

Posted by: cholly85241 | July 3, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

I sure am glade I'm not a Republican or "tea party" pissant.

But it sure is good to know where their voters stand on the "ant hill."

Hey Republicans! Are you getting the picture?

And today I'm repeating what we Democrats always knew about mindless voting Republicans or should I say "ants" or "little people?"

"The ants go marching in." or should I say (if their smart) "out!"

Posted by: rbraun2000 | July 3, 2010 9:02 AM
-----

Democratic intelligence on display.

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Moderators: I'm spamming the board again, exactly the same as before, repeated unintelligible junk. Please pull the plug again.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 3, 2010 12:45 AM

----

Just cleaned it up a bit in the cause of accuracy.

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Deficits aren't an unfortunate side effect. It's the goal.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 2, 2010 11:55 PM
----

Then we're really rolling in the clover. Happy days are here again!

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Scrivener50 wrote,
"Where does Boehner stand on fusion center silent torture of U.S. citizens -- vastly expanded on the Bush-Cheney watch, ongoing under Obama?"

----

If you believe half of what posters here say about Boehner, he's probably the one in charge of the program.

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

He needs to crawl back into his tanning bed until October until he is fully backed (that would be a great idea for the rest of the half-baked GOP.

Posted by: rcc_2000 | July 3, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Scrivener50 wrote,

Posted by: Brigade | July 3, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: drindl | July 3, 2010 10:31 AM | Report abuse

Major internet controversy brewing over Joel Stein's seering hate blast against Indian Americans in Time magazine.

Even actor/former BHO official Kal Penn has weighed in against Stein's screed in a HuffPo piece. It's hard to believe someone other than maybe a teabagger could write something like this in a MSM mag in 2010.

__________________

First, the Indian American community had to tolerate the disrespectful foolishness of a candidate named "Nikki Haley," and now this.... Unreal.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 3, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

He's was just PO'ed because of the new tan tax.

Posted by: whocares666 | July 3, 2010 9:15 AM | Report abuse

Bonner(Boehner) and the Ants!

I sure am glade I'm not a Republican or "tea party" pissant.

But it sure is good to know where their voters stand on the "ant hill."

Hey Republicans! Are you getting the picture?

Two weeks ago, BP called you all "little people."

The party you support doesn't have your best interest, but if your BP or a big big healthcare insurance company, Boehner and McConnell has their backs.

"The ants go marching in." or should I say (if their smart) "out!"

Posted by: rbraun2000 | July 3, 2010 9:02 AM | Report abuse

Obummer noted around the world-

from the Jerusalem Post

Netanyahu Must Play for Time
By CAROLINE GLICK
07/02/2010 15:57

If he plays his cards wisely, he can say no to Obama and avoid an open confrontation.

Just ahead of Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s trip next week to Washington, Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas went on a charm offensive towards the Israeli media. On Tuesday, Abbas invited representatives of the Hebrew-language press to his office in Ramallah and assured them of his good intentions towards Israel.

We have been here before. In Netanyahu’s last go-around as prime minister, it seemed like every time he was due to visit Washington, then president Bill Clinton’s advisers would set up a meeting for Abbas’s predecessor Yasser Arafat with the Israeli media. Arafat would talk about how much he wanted peace with Israel, and how he was just waiting for Netanyahu to agree to embrace the cause of peace.

The peace-crazed Israeli media enthusiastically reported Arafat’s lies to the Israeli people without questioning either Arafat’s motives or his honesty.

Had they exhibited even a minimal amount of journalistic competence, they would have at least checked to see what the Arafat-controlled Palestinian media was reporting about their meeting with the “Rais.”

But that would have ruined their Netanyahu-bashing narrative. And so the Israeli public was denied the knowledge that not only did the Arafat-controlled Palestinian media fail to report their meeting, Arafat’s newspapers and television broadcasts routinely told the Palestinian people that there could be no peace with the Jews.

Indeed, they daily exhorted the Palestinians to view the destruction of Israel as their greatest goal.

In a similar manner, this week, as Israel’s newspapers published ecstatic headlines about Abbas’s moderation and desire for peace, the Abbas-controlled Palestinian media made no mention of the meeting. Moreover, in recent weeks, the Abbas-controlled Palestinian media have been intensifying their incitement against Israel and Jews.

As Palestinian Media Watch reported this week, on Tuesday, Abbas-controlled PATV aired a sermon by the PA’s Mufti Sheikh Muhammad Hussein. The mufti said, “The Jews, the enemies of Allah and of His Messenger, the enemies of Allah and of His Messenger! Enemies of humanity in general, and of Palestinians in particular... The Prophet says: ‘You shall fight the Jews and kill them...’” Similarly, last week PATV re-broadcast a “documentary” film in which all of Israel is described as “occupied Palestine.”

Posted by: thecannula | July 3, 2010 7:05 AM | Report abuse

From Vacation- Another OBUMMER Lie noted:

Todays NY Times FRONT Page-

War in Iraq Defies U.S. Timetable for End of Combat
By TIM ARANGO
Even after a reduction in troop numbers, American forces will still hunt terrorists after the August deadline that President Obama set for the end of the combat mission in Iraq.

Posted by: thecannula | July 3, 2010 4:31 AM | Report abuse

From Vacation- Another OBUMMER Lie noted:

Todays NY Times FRONT Page-

War in Iraq Defies U.S. Timetable for End of Combat
By TIM ARANGO

Posted by: thecannula | July 3, 2010 4:31 AM | Report abuse

Moderators: he's spamming the board again, exactly the same as before, repeated triple spaced unintelligible junk. Please pull the plug again, and is it too much to ask to delete his posts? These threads have to endure for four days.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 3, 2010 12:45 AM | Report abuse

Ddawd

We all KNOW deficits are the GOAL of the democratic party.

However, Keynesian economics have been abandoned by much of Europe already.

It matters WHAT the money is spent on -

If the stimulus money is spent on a great deal of wasteful programs which do not create jobs or allow small businesses to expand, then the money just adds to the deficit and it really doesn't help the economy very much.

Time to talk about OBAMA giving out the oil rig permits to the oil companies - without the proper environmental reviews.

That is pretty serious.

The Oil Spill really was Obama's fault - if Obama had CLEANED UP MMS like he said was doing FOR THE PAST YEAR.

Obama said he was doing it - but the job was NOT getting done.

The Oil Spill was Obama's fault.

AND if you voted for Obama then the oil spill was your fault.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 3, 2010 12:37 AM | Report abuse

"He has to stop letting Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi tell him that they can't get a single Republican vote---that's B.S., give something, get something, cut a deal. Make it bipartisan, even if it's just SLIGHTLY bipartisan."

really? Ok, tell me one law that was passed that wasn't bipartisan.

And I mean ideologically bipartisan. We aren't using the moronic Washington measure of bipartisanship.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 3, 2010 12:02 AM | Report abuse

Brigade, 37th, you're missing the point. You don't want to find the money elsewhere. The POINT is to deficit spend. To reduce spending from somewhere else isn't going to help.

It's a temporal thing. We deficit spend today and when the job situation improves, THEN we work on saving money.

Deficits aren't an unfortunate side effect. It's the goal.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 2, 2010 11:55 PM | Report abuse

OBAMA INVOKES TESLA, INVENTOR BEHIND MICROWAVE TORTURE TOWERS -- CODED WARNING TO HOMELAND-RUN FUSION CENTERS?

• Indication that Obama knows that scalar wave microwave / radio frequnecy weapon technology is being used by federal-local multi-agency "fusion centers" to inflict silent torture and impairment on extrajudicially "targeted" citizens...

• American University policy address referencing American immigrant inventor Nikola Tesla a harbinger of Apollo Project-like push to develop "scalar wave electromagnetics" as a source of cheap, inexhaustible energy?

For the rest of the story:

http://NowPublic.com/scrivener (lede articles and links therein)

Posted by: scrivener50 | July 2, 2010 11:36 PM | Report abuse

revbookburn

Obama approved OVER 200 permits for offshore oil rigs without the environmental reviews - all the while Obama was claiming he was conducting a year-long review - and Obama was claiming the whole time he was cleaning up Minerals Management Service.

This is absolutely unbelievable.

The safety inspections conducted by Obama's people were not done properly either.

We all remember that Obama said everything was fine - just go EXPAND OFFSHORE OIL DRILLING - ALL IN A BIG SPEECH IN WHICH OBAMA CLAIMED HE WAS HANDING DOWN TO THE NATION A NEW ENERGY POLICY.

THIS IS WHAT OBAMA APPROVED:

254 Oil development plans

226 Esploration permits

ALL without the proper environmental reviews.

THIS IS OBAMA'S OIL SPILL

THIS IS OBAMA'S SCANDAL.

OBAMA should resign over this - Are you afraid of having Biden as President ???

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 11:14 PM | Report abuse

Boehner is a total loser. He's a brothel-worker for Wall Street. He slammed a Beatle. He attacked Social Security. He's a yes-boy for big oil. He's a defender of the Bush crime family. He made himself a creepy shade of orange in support of radiation leakage.

Posted by: revbookburn | July 2, 2010 11:08 PM | Report abuse

yawn --- 37 take a nap-- you really are burning yourself out, not to mention boring everyone to death.

Posted by: drindl | July 2, 2010 11:07 PM | Report abuse

The Fix Boycotters should all be ruled in VIOLATION OF "CIVIL DISCOURSE"

by that - everyone who boycotted, or threatened to boycott - should be BANNED forever.

This board will be a much better place - where Freedom of Speech will be cherished and respected.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 11:06 PM | Report abuse

Ddawd and Brigade

The initial problem with the unemployment extention bills that you are talking about - was the democrats thought the Republicans would have to vote for that bill - so the democrats LOADED IT UP WITH A WHOLE BUNCH OF WASTEFUL PROGRAMS AND WASTEFUL SPENDING - PORK.

So - the democrats thought THEY HAD A FREE RIDE OF PORK.

Well, that PIG TRAIN DID NOT LEAVE THE STATION.

The Republicans STOPPED THE PORK TRAIN OF THE DEMOCRATS.

The bill is stripped down - AND NOW THE REPUBLICANS WOULD LIKE TO CUT SOME OTHER WASTEFUL SPENDING - AND ADD THAT TO THE BILL INSTEAD OF PORK - SO THE BILL IS PAID FOR.

OINK OINK OINK

You see Obama never misses a chance to go on a SPENDING BINGE - OR ANY OTHER KIND OF BINGE FOR THAT MATTER.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 10:59 PM | Report abuse

OK Ddawd

How about the democrats agree to cut some other spending programs - and use that money to pay for the unemployment and jobs bills you are talking about.

How about that?

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 10:54 PM | Report abuse

CNN is reporting that Obama gave out OVER 200 OIL RIG PERMITS WITHOUT THE PROPER ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEWS.

All the while, Obama said he was cleaning up the the Minerals Management Service - and dealing with the problem which had been on the front pages of newspapers.

This is incompetence at its worst.

Obama's inexperience and complete lack of qualifications can not be more glaring than on this issue.

Obama should have to resign over this - the incompetence is just unbelievable - and anyone who voted for Obama it is your fault too.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 10:51 PM | Report abuse

DDAWD wrote,
"How about this? If Republicans will stop filibustering jobs bills and unemployment bills, Democrats will take up the mantle of being the racist party. At this point, it seems worth it."

----

Make a deal! Republicans are willing to sign on, they're just asking that Obama find the money somewhere. Nancy says the unemployment bill itself will create jobs. Stimulus! My friend, if Obama can't work the magic when he has these huge majorities in Congress, he just isn't much of an excecutive. Can you imagine what Bush or Reagan or Clinton would have done with majorites of this size. He has to stop letting Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi tell him that they can't get a single Republican vote---that's B.S., give something, get something, cut a deal. Make it bipartisan, even if it's just SLIGHTLY bipartisan. The filibuster is the only leverage the Republicans have. They won't filibuster Kagan. Obama has to LEAD! He has to GOVERN! To do that, he HAS to figure out some way to work with a few Republicans. Or he's toast.

Posted by: Brigade | July 2, 2010 10:27 PM | Report abuse

Here, I'll start.

The reason we didn't want Roland Burris in the Senate is not because he is a nutcase connected to a disgraced Governor. It's because we don't want any black Senators.

Happy? I hope so. There are a lot of hurting people out there.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 2, 2010 10:18 PM | Report abuse

Yeah BWJ the Pawlenty thing is just bizarre. Cillizza talks about him like the world is hanging on every word. I think it was Gail Collins wrote that he looked like an usher had wandered onto the stage. Pawlenty endorses another Republican nobody every heard of and Cillizza drives to the office with his toothbrush still in his mouth and begs the paper to issue an Extra edition.

It's completely ridiculous.

The guy is about as captivating as continental drift.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 2, 2010 8:26 PM
----

Most of these guys---Pawlenty, Barbour, Thune, Romney---seem quite normal when compared to your average Dem. As I recall, Dennis Kucinich and Al Sharpton are usually regulars in the Democratic presidential primaries. Has Kucinich been abducted by aliens lately? Whatever happened in that Tawana Brawley case? What about those soccer players accused of raping a prostitute? How's ole "stand up Chuck!" uncle Joe?

And you're always talking about stupid. How does Alvin Greene measure up to Rand Paul on the stupid meter? And looks. Always talking about thin people and their hair and their suits. Has Henry Waxman finished his transmutation into a bytch rat? Barney Frank's mouth reminds me of a vagina. And how'd you like to wake up in the morning to Barack Obama staring down at you? And you make fun of Romney? You must be from some other planet.

And when did John Dingall get out of prison?

Posted by: Brigade | July 2, 2010 10:16 PM | Report abuse

Entertain us, Brigade, do another round of how great Bush was and how maligned he is for screwing up the economy and getting us into two wars for the fun of it. Be sure to get in a few mind-numbingly predictable digs at Nancy Pelosi and Barney Frank. Wrap up this day of utter tedium with a big pink bow.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 2, 2010 8:02 PM
----

Bush isn't really the issue anymore, now is he? Barney and Nan are still in positions of power. What I can't help wondering is how long will it be before Obama and the Dems own any part of this economy or the war in Afghanistan. If you guys think they're going to save us, you must have some idea of how and when. Poor Leichtman1 is bouncing up and down like a yo yo. The DOW goes up 1000 and it's because of Obama's wonderful programs--- he's turning the country around. The following month the DOW goes down 1000 and all of a sudden it's "that blasted Bush's fault" again. What? Another year? Two years? If the economy is still in the tank when Obama's up for re-election, can we safely say he's not up to the job? Dems
have been in control of Congress for almost four years now. How long is long enough?

I suppose if the country is in the toilet ten years from now, it will still be Bush's fault; but if things pick up for the better in six months, that will be because of Obama's policies---right? Do you realize how ignorant your partisan posturing sounds. Problem. Solution. What? How long? Are Obama and the Dems up to it or not? So far, I'd say things are in many ways worse instead of better.

How's that anti-insurgency thing going in Afghanistan? I suppose it was Bush's idea to triple down there after Osama and Al Queda had all fled and the Taliban had been overthrown. No? How about we stick to killing terrorists and let Karzai build his own nation? Or you could volunteer as a mercenary in support of Obama's policy.

Posted by: Brigade | July 2, 2010 10:04 PM | Report abuse

____________

Let Boehner take his back-to-the-future trip to the 1950s...or 1939, by himself.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 2, 2010 6:27 PM
----

You forgot to mention that Boehner is a Republican and all of that bigotry was peddled by the Democrats, except for good ole LBJ. If it weren't for Republicans, the Civil Rights Bill never would have passed. Al Gore, Robert Byrd, Clinton's mentor Fulbright, all the others. Just keep fooling yourself that they all became Republicans. Whatever gets you through the night. But no more anti-Nikki bigotry, okay?

Posted by: Brigade | July 2, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

Fact: it sounds like a GREAT week for Mike Steele notwithstanding the criticism from the neo-cons:
_____________

"Steele's most recent comments have actually resonated among anti-war Democrats who share the skepticism that Afghanistan is a winnable enterprise. They also, in some respects, echo the opinions of some members of the conservative community (Joe Scarborough and George Will among them) who have been critical of the deployment of U.S. forces in that country."

The comments at HuffPo are largely pro Mike and anti-neo-con.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 2, 2010 9:20 PM | Report abuse

The link Fix gives for the Steele story is to the Post's Plum Line article titled, "Steele Speaks Truth to Power."

From its headline, it seems the Plum Line believed Mike's remarks made for a GOOD week: he spoke truth to power. The negative "worse week" spin reflected in the Fix evidently comes from the neo-cons, whose outrage over Steele's comments is reported in HuffPo.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 2, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

For those who don't find Pawlenty exciting enough, her's some REAL fun.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 2, 2010 8:28 PM | Report abuse

It's completely ridiculous.

The guy is about as captivating as continental drift.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 2, 2010 8:26 PM | Report abuse

You mean "Dan Coats, the anti-Obama."

I think Fix's 137 obsessive posts on "TPaw," most after the media stopped talking about He Who Sleeps, rank down there, too.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 2, 2010 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Could have been worse for Sen. Boner, at least his proctologist didn't report any brain tumors during his annual exam.

Posted by: Bushwhacked1 | July 2, 2010 8:14 PM | Report abuse

Between the utterly vacuous shoutout to Republican "leaders," a completely pointless post about campaign ads, and now this .. this .. damn, I've already used "vacuous" and "pointless" .. this snarky restatement of the tediously obvious, this has been one of the worst days for The Fix in a long time. Makes Dan Coats look inspired.

No wonder people are talking about 37th, there sure isn't anything to discuss in the topics.

Posted by: Noacoler | July 2, 2010 8:02 PM | Report abuse

I'm sure MedicalWasteJar-37th is enjoying all the attention. Gets kinda old though. CC, would you please pull the plug on this idiot again?

Posted by: Noacoler | July 2, 2010 7:53 PM | Report abuse

flowers of evil is more like it...

referring to opium poppies which cloud the brain.

Posted by: drindl | July 2, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse

Oh, please.

Everyone knows 37th is in the basement, scraping the bottom of the Fluff jar.

Posted by: margaretmeyers | July 2, 2010 7:41 PM | Report abuse

Oh, please.

Everyone knows 37th is in the basement, scraping the bottom of the Fluff jar.

Posted by: margaretmeyers | July 2, 2010 7:41 PM | Report abuse

The Great 37 in the Sky co-signs Flowers of Peace.

Echooo Echoooo echooooooooo

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 7:22 PM | Report abuse

mm, totally cosign.

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 2, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

The Fix Boycotters should all be ruled in VIOLATION OF "CIVIL DISCOURSE"

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

WWW FOURTH OF JULY EDITION RIDER

"(CNN) – As Americans get ready to spend a long weekend marking this country's independence 234 years ago, a new poll suggests more than 1 in 4 Americans don't know which country America declared its independence from.

According to a new survey from Marist College, 26 percent failed to correctly identify Great Britain as the country the United States fought an eight-year war with to gain its independence.

That percentage of Americans includes the 20 percent who were "unsure" and the six percent who thought the U.S. fought a revolution against another country. Among the countries mentioned were France, China, Japan, Mexico, and Spain, according to the poll.

The poll's internals show younger Americans know least about this country's founding: only 60 percent of 18-29 year-olds could correctly name Great Britain. Men also had a considerable 81-67 percent advantage over women in naming the correct country.

The poll surveyed 1,004 Americans between June 17 and 24. It carries a sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points."

---------
CC
I'm sure these well informed Americans answering poll questions would help explain why the polls results you share are a wee bit wacky (not wonky!). Your curating probably explains much of the rest.

Posted by: jake3D | July 2, 2010 6:50 PM | Report abuse

bwj, we are indeed a changed country from Boehner's youth. We changed because we, all of us, wanted change.

We wanted to marry who we wanted to marry.
We wanted to live where we chose to live, not where we were told we could live.
We decided it was wrong that everybody was taxed but minority communities were under served.
We decided adults could read what they wanted to read, and that different people wanted to see different movies.
We decided people could burn flags and our world would go on anyway.
We decided we wanted to control the number of children we have.

Boehner is an idiot to think he can blame change on some "bad other" when it comes from all of us.

Posted by: margaretmeyers | July 2, 2010 6:49 PM | Report abuse

Anyone who threatened or participated in the boycott is actually guilty of a lack of "civil discourse."

By that, all those people shoule be BANNED.

The blog will go on - without the echo chamber - and new people will come and the blog will be much better without them.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 6:29 PM | Report abuse

M-I-A, great link to the column on Boehner. Boehner's America sounds a lot like failed SCOTUS nominee Robert Bork's America as described by the late Ted Kennedy. From the Boehner piece:

"But of course in many other respects the America of John Boehner’s youth was a much more right-wing country. Gays and lesbians were stuffed deep into the closet, and there was no suggestion that they should be allowed to serve openly in the military or in any other role. African-Americans were subjected to pervasive discrimination in housing and employment, and in the southern states they couldn’t vote or exercise any basic rights—all this backed by the state, and also by collusion between state authorities and ad hoc terrorist groups. It was a whiter country with dramatically fewer residents of Asian or Latin American descent. It was a more religiously observant country, and it was a country in which Jews were far from fully accepted into American life."
____________

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 2, 2010 6:27 PM | Report abuse

Margaret

You are posting under a fake name - you are really one of the boycotters

You are not fooling anyone - perhaps yourself, but no one else.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 6:25 PM | Report abuse

Odd Steele slam?

Mike just questioned our presence in Afghanistan, and noted the historic fact no outside forces have ever won a war there, at a time when House Dems want a date for a pullout. We know Mike beat out Fix shout-out recipient Chip (Barack the Magic N-gro CD) Saltsman for the RNC chairmanship, but let's play fair.
_____________

Boehner is the easy winner: slammed by BHO on one side and [Bitter] Morning Joe on the other, with rival Eric Cantor ready to pounce the second Boehner falls. It's enough to drive you to drink...hiccup. :)

Posted by: broadwayjoe | July 2, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Nice link Mark. The author makes a good point. Those of us who aren't white have absolutely no use for the America Boehner grew up in.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 2, 2010 6:10 PM | Report abuse

37th, I posted all week. I never signed on to any boycott. Show me the post where I said I was boycotting.

Your mom is calling -- she says your laundry is done, but you have to put it away yourself. Or no dinner.

Posted by: margaretmeyers | July 2, 2010 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, Mark. Both were tough losses. I felt a lot worse for Ghana, though. The guy is a good player, but he just messed up that one kick.

Brazil just kind of melted down with the own goal and the red card. Given how defensive this WC has been, it's just impossible to do anything with ten men.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 2, 2010 6:06 PM | Report abuse

The Worst Week in Washington has to go to the FIX BOYCOTTERS

If you are going to lead a boycott, you can't break your own boycott in the first day, much less the first week.

The most pathetic and sad boycott in the history of boycotts, sanctions and strikes.

Ddawd

12barblues

broadwayjoe

leichtman

margaretmeyers

mariewilson

fairlingtonblade

What a sad collection of hate mongers.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 6:01 PM | Report abuse

How about Brazil, ddawd?

Boehner was the subject of this column:

Posted by: mark_in_austin | July 2, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Asamoah Gyan, no contest. What a choke.

Posted by: DDAWD | July 2, 2010 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Worst Weekend of the Year - July 4th Independence Day

A confusing day for liberals, statists, and progressives.

How do they reconcile their hatred of America while celebrating the 4th?

How do they celebrate independence while trying to make everyone a dependent?

How do they celebrate our history while revising it?

Posted by: leapin | July 2, 2010 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Former Rep. Joe Scarborough (R-Fla.) said the leader wasn't a "hard worker"

Wow! A snap by ol' Joe S. can carry a real sting with the Fix.

Rather strange, No?

Posted by: jake3D | July 2, 2010 5:06 PM | Report abuse

Anna Chapman still had a pretty bad week - one day she is partying like a supermodel in New York -

And the next minute she is in jail getting grilled by Counterintelligence Of the FBI.

She can not be happy.

One interesting tidbit - people are saying Anna Chapman looks like Putin -

IS IT POSSIBLE THAT ANNA CHAPMAN IS A LOVE CHILD OF PUTIN ?

That could explain why Putin was so angry that she was arrested before she could actually get access to any secrets.

It might be difficult to find secrets at the nightclubs in New York - but who knows, maybe she could have met Boehner at one of those nightclubs.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 4:30 PM | Report abuse

The sentiment that I have heard about the exchange over the ant has been quite the opposite - it is another negative for Obama.

Americans do not want their President engaging in HYPER-PARTISANSHIP.

This is completely contrary to what Obama was elected to do.

Presidents are not supposed to be partisan - they are supposed to represent the entire nation - except in those RARE political speeches right before elections.

Right now we are way too far ahead of an election.

ON TOP OF THAT, Obama was not being entirely honest about the ant comment - the focus of the comment was not to call the economic ills the size of an ant - but to sompare the appropriateness of the stimulus to the problem.

This was deceitful - Obama tried to be deceptive to the American People.

People know that - they get it - they understand when one side is lying.

Obama can not afford any more lies - Obama can not afford any more deceptions.

This ant exchange came back and hurt Obama's credibility - it is that simple.

Anyway, Obama keeps on making these kinds of mistakes which just prove how inexperienced and lacking in qualifications he is.

It really is surprising that this nation is in the hands of someone who clearly does not know what he is doing.

Sad - let's just hope the nation gets out of this mess with the minimum damage possible.

Posted by: FlowersOfPeace | July 2, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse